Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.6

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

on 2/27/2014 6:38:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Finally.. something for my incredibly dry, lifeless skin, I use this on my face every 2nd night and on my very flaky calves every day, it has changed my skin DRAMATICALLY it's absolutely incredible, I tried it after hearing someone on youtube say they use it whilst travelling as airplanes suck the life out you! I immediately bought 3 tubes after I saw the difference and I keep them in my office/ living room/ bathroom and practically bathe myself in it, love love love it!!

on 2/26/2014 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love skin food, its natural and feels and works great. Ive read some reviews and it seems that some people are underwhelmed with it, the same way I was when I tried Dr Haushskas Rose cream the first time until I learned how to apply it correctly. (both this and skin food are very similar in texture)

When applying either cream to the face, neck and decolletage, never apply it like a traditional moisturiser. It will feel thick, gloopy and not nice.
After cleansing, toning etc, get a pea size blob between fingers, spread over the palms of hands and press/ pat on the areas you wish it to be applied to. Keep pressing and you will find that within a few minutes, skin will feel moisturised but not oily or shiny.

Applying either skin food or Haushka rose cream in this way will mean that it can be used before make up in the daytime and wont overload the skin when used as a night treatment.

Hope this helps anyone who may have tossed this great product aside, and also note, this is how I use oil blends when applied to the facial skin, it lets the skin absorb the goodness without leaving an oil slick situation.

on 12/12/2012 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I normally use Sea Buckthorn hand cream, but for the winter I prefer this one.
Leave my hands hydrated and I love how it smells! It's always in my bag ;)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I initially liked this a lot, but I think it's the cause of my continuing dry skin. It initially seems very moisturizing and I like that it's all-natural, but alcohol is very prominent in the ingredients list and my facial skin tends to react badly to alcohol. My skin has been peeling and has looked more lined and dry since I've been using this. I love the way it smells - just wish they'd left the alcohol out! I'm back to Avene Cold Cream and Lancome Nutrix to stop my skin peeling - just wish I could find something nice and natural that would take care of my seriously dry pregnancy skin!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Wonderful cream. I use it at night with vitamin E oil. (50% and 50%). My skin glow! Highly recommend!!

on 10/20/2009 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i have super dry skin and it's really hard to find a moisturizer that will keep the flakes away. even worse for some reason unknown my skin was flaking even more the last few months so i ventured out to find something thicker than what i was currently using and found this on productville. went to target and bought the trial size for $3. it's very thick and emollient so a little goes a long way. like others, i put a little on my finger tips and warm it up by rubbing my fingers together...then i tap it where my flakes are...and magic..flakes are gone. so i'm definitely loving this and will be getting the larger tube which is $17? it does take a while to sink in since it's so emollient. since i'm a mother of 3 i'm quite busy and don't have the time to wait so what i do is put my hg primer and sunscreen shisiedo spf 55 and it helps my foundation glide on easily.i've been using this for about a month now and i haven't broken out. my skin looks so great now that the flakes are gone and my skin looks more hydrated. if i didn't have such dark circles i would be able to wear no foundation now that my skin looks good again. really great stuff if you know how to use it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am falling in love with this line. Every time I go to Walgreens I drift over to this aisle. I finally picked this up and I love it. It smells heavenly and is nice and thick. I love the packaging and it lasts a while making it not so horribly expensive. This is a great multitasker for travel - feet, body, face, hands - you name it - esp if you are crocodile-dry like me. I don't use it on my face very often bc I have other stuff for my face but it works great in a pinch and did not cause any facial issues. Overalll, I am lovin' Weleda and would buy this and any of this line again and again. Sometimes Walgreens has a buy one get one free or half or some deal like that -can't rem exactly but watch for that if you like bargains.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this to use on my face. I have been very dry. Well my skin was no longer dry but it took 3 weeks to get rid of the clogged pores. It does absorb well and works on hand body and feet. I will repurchase but it will never touch my face again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Like so many other people, I purchased a tiny tube of this at Target. I didn't end up trying it until I went away for the weekend and forgot my bag of moisturizers. A total crisis because I travel with a million of them for every body part and skin condition. Anyway, I found my tube of Skin Food at the bottom of my handbag and I used it on my hands, feet. In spite of the strong, but pleasant fragrance and thick texture, I went ahead and used it all over my face. The results were incredible! I had one of my dreadful, once a year pimples and it was gone in two days and the fine lines around my eyes and my dry patches vanished over night. My cuticles have always been dry and raggedy, but they have been completely transformed. During the day, I pat it over my makeup where ever my skin looks dry, and it makes my makeup look fresh and dewy. Crazy! I simply don't understand how it can treat so many different skin conditions so effectively.

Skin Food won't replace all my other moisturizers, but it has replaced my La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Lift (a $270 savings) and it is the only product I use on my hands and feet. I've purchased a tube for every room in the house as well as my car and handbag. It is the one product I cannot be without.

on 3/29/2008 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing moisturizer! I use it on my face, hands, feet ... and it smells incredible! A little goes a long way with this one. Too much and you'll leave greasy spots wherever you touch. The packaging is convenient but I don't recommend bending it or rolling the end up like a toothpaste tube as it will crack or tear open and product will leak out. (Not quite sure what's diiferent about this material that makes it do that.) Other than that, this is not only my #1 moisturizer, it's my only one.
EDIT: Don't you hate it when you find a product you LOVE and then someone close to you - someone whose opinion MATTERS - makes a comment about it that makes you think twice and even change your mind??? Well, that happened to me with this! I was staying at my sister's and she made a comment that the sheets I had been sleeping on smelled like play doh! Lol! It took us awhile to figure out that Skin Food was the culprit but, after that, I haven't used it since. I love Weleda and I will continue to use other products of theirs - just not this one!