Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by skin type : Other
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.2

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

on 11/16/2018 3:53:00 PM

Holy grail of luxe look on a budget. This is a ride or die for me. Use it for everything! Oh you've got dry lips - skin food. You have some rough skin - skin food. Want a good old glow? - SKIN FOOD. Let alone it's originally intended uses like hands!
Best smell, amazing stuff. Personally I use it like or the celeb make up artists, as a primer/ lock in moisture. Wizard of my beauty cabinet!

I have extremely dry, sensitive skin that just doesn't respond and burns with most moisturizers. My skin l-o-v-e-s this! It repairs my skin barrier like Avene Cicalfate but at a fraction of the price and without the mineral oil. I wish the smell weren't so strong but it does go away.

The best natural moisturizing cream I've used - EVER - and I use it solely on my face. Other reviewers have commented on the smell which I agree is not the best but I've smelled far worse and it's tolerable. A bad citrus scent is better than most other bad scents if that makes sense. I really like it, super moisturising and makes the skin feel soft and plump. If you have dry and/or older skin you'll love the thickness but if you don't like heavy creams, you probably won't. Can't say anything bad - except the foil?/aluminium?/tin? tube it comes in (I'm showing my ignorance but I don't know what it is) as it's a little hard to squeeze it all out but such a minor thing for a great cream. Oh, and because the cream is so thick, takes just a touch longer to apply so best to dab small dots around the face but the result is definitely worth it.
EDITED: It has alcohol fairly high up on the ingredient list (not cetyl/cetearyl/stearyl et al which are fine, but the garden-variety type which is drying over time). But as far as I know not toxic. And I think my skin feels drier in general after using this for a little while, although it could be psychosomatic now that I've looked at the ingredients more carefully, or because we're coming into cold weather. So I've changed from 5 stars to 4.

on 11/13/2011 2:54:00 AM

I understand that this moisturizer is "natural" and should be good for my skin, but it is far too sticky and oily for my taste. It definitely hydrates my skin, but is NOT a good base for make-up. Even when worn alone, it makes my face look like a shiny, oil slick. I ended up using it at night as a treatment. I suppose it was sufficient, but I'd rather spend my money on something else, to get the same hydrating results. This wasn't a significant improvement over other creams in terms of treating my skin's dry patches.
I prefer soothing creams like Avene Eluage.
Another thing is, the metal tube is annoying. A lot of product will get stuck in it (but I don't mind since I'm not that concerned about using every drop...I'd rather not. He he)

Not a bad product but I don't think I would re-purchase, mostly because I find it very hard to spread and I have to tug at my skin while applying! It's not very emollient at all. I much prefer softened pure shea butter or Neutrogena Ageless Intensive with retinol for a more immediate improvement in my fair, sensitive skin. Weleda leaves my skin somewhat softer but it's so tacky it just sort of sits on my skin and doesn't moisturize as much as I was expecting. I do think it has great ingredients and I don't regret buying it, but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 6/5/2011 5:56:00 PM

Best PM moisturizer. I use this on my face at night and i wake up with hydrated healthy skin. Really helps with the drying effects of Retin-A Micro. It's a little greasy, but that's a small price to pay for supple, moisturized skin.
Some have commented on the smell, but I like it. Its very citrus-y.

I urge anyone with dry, problem skin to give Skin Food a whirl. At Target, they have little sample tubes ~$5 so pick up a tube and see why all the other MUA gals and I can't live without it.

This product has been an interesting find this winter. My skin has been more dry than in the past, and I've spent/wasted a good amount of money on moisturizers.

This is a nice product when used sparingly on the face. I like it in small amounts on very dry hands/elbows/heels. It's definitely not something I'd use as a regular hand lotion (too expensive and heavy), but I love it as a night cream or when I'm not wearing makeup for the day.

The scent is very... odd. It's lemony and herby and for just a moment after I turn it on, I get a hint of... dog? It lasts only a moment and goes away, but it's slightly unpleasant while it's there.

on 10/3/2010 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Warm

It smells divine, has a thick yet non greasy texture that I don't really mind putting on my face at night (this definitely wouldn't be a day product layering it with sunscreen would be way too thick by my standards!)

However I have eczema on my cheeks and for some reason Skin Food makes my cheeks break out in hives. However everywhere else it is lovely- it doesn't even seem to aggravate my eczema ridden hands! Strange I know.

on 4/28/2010 2:04:00 AM

Using it at night after my retin-a sinks in, am 55 and notice my eye wrinkles are becoming a problem when I wake up in the morning. Put skin food all over my face at night and I have acne, it is clearing my skin up. Will let you know if it starts to break out. Love the smell and the thickness of it and the way it sinks in. Wonderful product.

on 2/6/2010 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this back in the fall, here in GA it was a little to greasy to use in the warmer months. Now that it's cold and my skin is like a lizzards this has been my saving grace! I put a small bead on my finger then dab it on one side of my face and repeat on the other side, giving my skin time to warm it up then I massage in (if you don't warm it up a bit, it can feel tacky and pull your skin) once it's nicely smoothed on I give it time to sink in before applying my make up. My skin feels hydrated all day, I love the citrus scent - my husband loves it to. I like that you can buy a small tube for around $2; I found it at Target.