Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.4

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

on 11/16/2018 3:53:00 PM

Holy grail of luxe look on a budget. This is a ride or die for me. Use it for everything! Oh you've got dry lips - skin food. You have some rough skin - skin food. Want a good old glow? - SKIN FOOD. Let alone it's originally intended uses like hands!
Best smell, amazing stuff. Personally I use it like or the celeb make up artists, as a primer/ lock in moisture. Wizard of my beauty cabinet!

I have extremely dry, sensitive skin that just doesn't respond and burns with most moisturizers. My skin l-o-v-e-s this! It repairs my skin barrier like Avene Cicalfate but at a fraction of the price and without the mineral oil. I wish the smell weren't so strong but it does go away.

on 2/21/2018 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've gone through numerous tubes of Weleda Skin Food over the years. It makes a great overnight treatment when my face is feeling super dry or irritated. It's extremely thick, it works best for me over a light layer of jojoba oil.

The best natural moisturizing cream I've used - EVER - and I use it solely on my face. Other reviewers have commented on the smell which I agree is not the best but I've smelled far worse and it's tolerable. A bad citrus scent is better than most other bad scents if that makes sense. I really like it, super moisturising and makes the skin feel soft and plump. If you have dry and/or older skin you'll love the thickness but if you don't like heavy creams, you probably won't. Can't say anything bad - except the foil?/aluminium?/tin? tube it comes in (I'm showing my ignorance but I don't know what it is) as it's a little hard to squeeze it all out but such a minor thing for a great cream. Oh, and because the cream is so thick, takes just a touch longer to apply so best to dab small dots around the face but the result is definitely worth it.
EDITED: It has alcohol fairly high up on the ingredient list (not cetyl/cetearyl/stearyl et al which are fine, but the garden-variety type which is drying over time). But as far as I know not toxic. And I think my skin feels drier in general after using this for a little while, although it could be psychosomatic now that I've looked at the ingredients more carefully, or because we're coming into cold weather. So I've changed from 5 stars to 4.

on 3/27/2013 12:15:00 AM

I have to start by saying that I have very seasonal skin. It's incredibly dry during the winter and combination in the summer. For the brutal winters (even in the desert here) this is the only thing that will keep my skin from looking like cracked clay. Its ultra thick and rich. Maybe a little too thick for some to wear as a daytime moisturizer but it worked fine for me under my makeup for the winter. During the summer I like to use it as my night time moisturizer. I wake up with the softest skin and usually dont need an added moisturizer under my makeup. Added bonus is that this can be used anywhere!

I first read about this from Victoria Beckham in some magazine that it was one of her HGs for dry skin and thought I'd give it a try. Definitely worth it. I get mine at TARGET but I know Whole Foods also carries it. Cost about $19 for the larger tube at TARGET. If you're in need of an intense moisturizer...the search stops here. Definitely worth trying.

on 2/13/2013 5:22:00 AM

Skin food is a thick moisturiser that I find hard to spread on its own. I use it on my hands, and I can definitely feel that it imparts moisture. The smell is not unpleasant, especially for a natural product, is quite fresh and dissipates quickly.

It is really expensive for what it is, so although I chose 'yes' to repurchase for now, I wouldn't be surprised if I could achieve the same effect from a cheaper product.

on 7/18/2012 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I use this on my face, mostly at night in the summer but sometimes when I have dry patches during the day in winter I'll use it then, too. I put a tiny amount on my fingers and pat it onto damp skin. My skin LOVES this product, and I love the herbal citrus smell. They sell a tiny travel/sample size tube, which should be plenty to find out if this product will work for your skin.

on 11/13/2011 2:54:00 AM

I understand that this moisturizer is "natural" and should be good for my skin, but it is far too sticky and oily for my taste. It definitely hydrates my skin, but is NOT a good base for make-up. Even when worn alone, it makes my face look like a shiny, oil slick. I ended up using it at night as a treatment. I suppose it was sufficient, but I'd rather spend my money on something else, to get the same hydrating results. This wasn't a significant improvement over other creams in terms of treating my skin's dry patches.
I prefer soothing creams like Avene Eluage.
Another thing is, the metal tube is annoying. A lot of product will get stuck in it (but I don't mind since I'm not that concerned about using every drop...I'd rather not. He he)

Not a bad product but I don't think I would re-purchase, mostly because I find it very hard to spread and I have to tug at my skin while applying! It's not very emollient at all. I much prefer softened pure shea butter or Neutrogena Ageless Intensive with retinol for a more immediate improvement in my fair, sensitive skin. Weleda leaves my skin somewhat softer but it's so tacky it just sort of sits on my skin and doesn't moisturize as much as I was expecting. I do think it has great ingredients and I don't regret buying it, but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 6/5/2011 5:56:00 PM

Best PM moisturizer. I use this on my face at night and i wake up with hydrated healthy skin. Really helps with the drying effects of Retin-A Micro. It's a little greasy, but that's a small price to pay for supple, moisturized skin.
Some have commented on the smell, but I like it. Its very citrus-y.

I urge anyone with dry, problem skin to give Skin Food a whirl. At Target, they have little sample tubes ~$5 so pick up a tube and see why all the other MUA gals and I can't live without it.