Weleda Skin Food

Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.2

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

on 1/3/2019 5:12:00 PM

Do not use this if you have acne prone/sensitive skin, it will break you out as it is way too rich and full of oils.

on 10/26/2018 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ughhh, I was SO excited to try this. My skin has been dry lately and I wanted an occlusive to really seal in my moisturizers, and was also hoping for a nice dewy effect under my makeup.

That worked. But it also broke me out TERRIBLY. to be clear, I am extremely acne prone (which is why I only test a new product every couple of months). Obviously, YMMV, but I always appreciate a review from anyone who gets a zit every time they sneeze because...that’s me!

Silver lining: my lips have been incurably chapped—none of my go-to chapsticks or anything have made a dent—and I slept with this on them and 1 never noticed a bad taste and 2 it helped!!!!!

TIP: Whole Foods sells tiny tester sizes. Start there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I followed the hype and bought myself a tube of this. After using it only one time on my face and hands I ended up with a greasy but dry feeling face and my hands were not moisturized at all. This was just a waste of $$ for me.

on 7/12/2018 12:07:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

There was not one thing I liked about this product. It smells awful, like plant roots steeped in alcohol. And it does contain alcohol! It also contains lanolin, sunflower oil, sweet almond oil and beeswax. What this combination makes for is one greasy blend that just sits on top of skin. I did not find this to be nourishing, hydrating or healing to my skin at all.

on 10/24/2017 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Somehow Weleda products and my skin are not a good match, the only products that my skin tolerates are the Almond products (for sensitive skin).
I bought the Skinfood for my dry hands, but my skin became very irritated and red from the cream. I had the same experience with the Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Hand Cream.
Don't think that if you buy natural products that it is always fine, the alcohol, fragrances and essential oils can be very harmful for the skin.

on 12/7/2014 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This cream smells exactly like the stale air in an airplane.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is awful! I bought it because my skin gets very dry over winter and it doesn't help that I live in Scotland where it gets quite cold and windy making everything even worse. After having tried out lots and lots of different moisturisers but still not having been able to find the right one for my skin I decided to buy the Weleda Skin Food since it had amazing reviews.

The product comes in a tin tube, which is ok (the only problem with tin tubes in my experience after a while it starts cracking and it ends up leaking everywhere). The consistency of the cream is terrible. It's very heavy and sticky and it also feels oily in my opinion. When I apply it my skin isn't able to absorb it properly and it leaves my skin sticky and shiny, which makes it impossible to wear make up on top of it.

So I used it as a night cream but it has not made any difference to my skin whatsoever. On top of that this cream has a very weird and unpleasant smell. It kinda smells like herbs and smoked bacon I think.

I'm very disappointed and it was a complete waste of my money. You're better off using Vaseline.

I've managed to improve my skin by using Leaders Insolution Aloe Soothing Skin Renewal Masks. It definitely helped to rescue my skin.

on 10/19/2012 10:23:00 AM

Honestly this didn't break me out or anything but it did exasperate blackheads AND didn't even moisturize properly , in fact it made my skin feel drier..

on 12/15/2011 4:10:00 AM

I have such sensitive skin it's not even funny, and recently from the Weleda Baby Calendula to Skin Food because of the great reviews here, and Skin Food is actually cheaper and bigger size!

I'm super impressed with this cream as it seems to have calmed the slight rosacea associated acne on my cheeks, and helped control (but not eliminate) my unavoidable monthly hormonal breakout. I love the smell, and find that after putting a few drops of Sweet Almond Oil this stuff goes on beautifully, and you only need a tiny tiny amount!
I am hooked and can't believe I haven't tried this earlier! I have tried so many things, Arden, Origins, Clinique, Clarins, you name it but this is absolutely wonderful! Fantastic results and no harmful Retinols or Parabens!
Mind you, I do have really dry skin so not sure how someone with oilier skin would find this..
****
****
Now found that it broke me out, must have been the lanolin. Didn't end up working for my rosacea prone skin, so just using it for hands and feet now. Too bad :(

RE EDIT:
09/03/2012
Found that it was too sticky and smelly even for my hands.. had to bin it :(

on 10/31/2010 5:08:00 AM

Yes, it is sticky. Yes, it smells bad. Yes, it is way too heavy (but it is not a problem because my super dry dehydrated skin needs a heavy cream). But the real problem is it irritated my skin so badly (or gave me allergies, I don't know). I will definitely stay away from it.