Weleda Skin Food

Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.2

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

on 9/28/2001 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Who knew that such a rich emolient cream would work so well on my oily acne prone skin?! This cream is amazing. This is very rich, so you need only to use a tiny amount. This only would work well at night, because it is quite thick and is shiny on my face for awhile. Smells nice, a citrus smell. And not I have had no breakouts anymore since I have been using this, that is NONE. My skin is so silky soft AND it helped fade dark marks from past breakouts. A true holy grail product and for the price worth trying!

on 9/30/2001 2:14:00 PM

After hearing all of the raves about this product, I just had to run to my Apple Annie's Natural Harvest store and buy a tube. I used it for about five days, and my skin was rosy and well moisturized and evened out. Well, after about 3 days, the breakouts began. I got horrible painful zits in places that I never get zits (on my forhead, cheeks, and near my brows. I am on Retin-A micro and haven't had significant breakouts in over a year, only small ones on my chin and around my jawline). I have quit using it for about a week now and all the breakouts have cleared up, and the only thing I have changed is to quit using the Skin food. I gave it to my sister who has completely different skin (almost never any breakouts, she washes with dove, doesn't use fancy lotions, just St. Ives vanilla body lotion on her face for about six years now, and her skin looks perfect all the time.) She liked it because it reminded her of the Origins Night-a-mins sample that I gave her last year which she loved but refuses to pay 30.00. Well, after about a week she also had breakouts. I can't recommend the much lauded skin food, because it really wrecked my complexion for over a week, I still have red spots from breakouts it caused that will probably take me until halloween to get rid of. My advise is to order from sephora.com and use it because if you have breakouts, you have 60 days to return it. I am out 15.00 and can't give this tube away to my family, they have heard the horror stories!

on 10/11/2001 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

So far liking this. It does have a strange texture at first but after a little while it feels pretty good although thick. I have SUPER dry skin so this will be great when the winter weather makes it not so happy. I wouldnt use this all the time though. Not a day cream.

on 4/8/2002 9:43:00 PM

too thick and greasy. was hoping to use it as hand cream but the texture is too waxy & sticky. i like the way it smells though. didnt get rid of my horribly dry patches which is odd considering how heavy it is. had to go back to using my crabtree & evelyn gardener's hand therapy.

on 8/27/2002 5:43:00 AM

This reminds me of the myriad Scandinavian hand balms they sell at Ricky's, complete with the requisite green packaging. I've learned that if you apply VERY little of the orange/herbal scented creme into the hands and really work it in, you'll be rewarded with ultra-soft skin. I also have used it on the ends of my hair as a finishing creme while stuck without one and it performed quite nicely. I like this alot, though, I can see where some might find it too much of a pain to deal with.

on 11/19/2002 12:37:00 AM

This stuff does wonders for my skin, even on my terribly rough elbows and knees. Unfortunately, it smells really strongly like Orange Tang, and I certainly don't want to smell like that during the day, not even on my elbows and knees. If they had a different scent, I would buy it in a second. I only use this stuff at night due to the smell.

on 12/26/2002 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is the best hand cream for me in the winter when it's cold and windy.

I agree with the other reviewers who say that you only need a little bit of this. When I used too much, it was hard to work the cream into my skin.

It's also great for rough elbows and heels. continued >>

what a wonderful product to have found! this another mainstay for me I always have at least 4 tubes around in case... Have them everywhere great for dry skin and other skin conditions I suffer from terrible dry skin and this really helps me! have given it to many friends too that have ezcema and hard to cure dry flaky skin and it really helps to soothe... this is a great product everyone should have a tube... $13 for generous size just ask I might swap one away :)~

on 12/28/2002 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been using this now for well over a year and it just keeps amazing me! My skin (yes, face!) always looks much better in the morning for having used it the night before. Despite the heavy texture, it's never broken me out or clogged pores.

UPDATE 6/08--When I got a new tube a few months ago, it smelled the same, but my skin didn't respond the same way at all. Not even sure I'll keep it for my hands.

on 1/29/2003 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

My skin LOVES this stuff! I cannot use CDLM because of the magnesium sulfate and this is a fabulous alternative -- especially given the price! My skin is very sensitive and breakout-prone, but Skin Food has been a godsend for spot treating dry patches and irritation or as a fabulous night cream/balm.

UPDATE: even better now that it has been reformulated with sunflower seed oil (no peanut oil). The whole family uses this -- even the DH is hooked!