Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by age: 30-35
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.2

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

on 2/16/2019 2:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

LOVE this moisturizer. I mainly use it at night over my face oil (herbivore botanicals emerald). I warm it up in my hands and then tackle the driest parts first (cheeks, chin) and then spread everywhere else, including my neck and chest. I wake up every morning with glowy skin thanks to this. I rarely use it during the day as it’s a bit thick, but if I want a bit of extra glow I add a tiiiiiiny bit to my cheekbones so it shines through my makeup as a natural highlight. Katie Jane Hughes recommends this product which is why I purchased in the first place.

on 1/23/2019 9:40:00 PM

Omg so good for everything!!!! I love skin food for hands especially. I’ve been using it on my face, after my Epicuren Rose Otto, and loving how soft my skin is once it’s absorbed. It stays shiny tho so maybe not the best under makeup

on 11/14/2018 11:28:00 PM

I've recently added this to my skin care routine now that the colder months are approaching and my skin has never been better. I use this at night more because it's thick and I really slather it all over my face and when I wake up in the morning my skin is so moisturized and makeup application is better because the dry patches are gone. I've stopped using eye creams and replaced it with this instead. I also mix with my hand creams for added moisture. I use it on my elbows, I mix it with Nuxe dry oil for my feet... I've incorporated it with everything because it's so good! I have it in the car, office, purse, everywhere! It's that good!

on 10/26/2018 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ughhh, I was SO excited to try this. My skin has been dry lately and I wanted an occlusive to really seal in my moisturizers, and was also hoping for a nice dewy effect under my makeup.

That worked. But it also broke me out TERRIBLY. to be clear, I am extremely acne prone (which is why I only test a new product every couple of months). Obviously, YMMV, but I always appreciate a review from anyone who gets a zit every time they sneeze because...that’s me!

Silver lining: my lips have been incurably chapped—none of my go-to chapsticks or anything have made a dent—and I slept with this on them and 1 never noticed a bad taste and 2 it helped!!!!!

TIP: Whole Foods sells tiny tester sizes. Start there.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Do I see an organic 'Beauty Flash Balm'? 1 product that can multitask and have so many different uses is a product that I absolutely have to try! Unfortunately it just wasn't what I expected it would be and for one reason alone: it was too heavy. Nothing else bothered me about Skin Food other than its heaviness and inability to absorb into my skin - whether used on my hands, feet or roughest areas such as elbows or knees, it left a greasy after feel that I did not like (Lanolin perhaps?). The only use I did get out of this was as a lip treatment - a small dab each PM left overnight on lips and they would be softer and slightly plumper looking by the morning.

Bottom line: despite my high hopes, this is not the natural/organic alternative to my beloved Clarins Beauty Flash Balm...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is much different than most moisturizers I have used, but it is very nice. I like the herbal-citrus scent, and it doesn't seem to irritate my sensitive skin. It has a somewhat waxy-creamy hybrid feel, but since I have quite dry facial skin I like that, since it seems to be helping the moisture to sink in. The packaging is simple and nice, and for the amount of product I use each time I know the tube will last for a while. When I put it on my face I only use about a pea-sized amount, or maybe a little more, and then rub it in. It does leave my face shiny for a while, but when I wake up in the morning my skin looks and feels plumper and smooth. I do have reactive skin, and so far I haven't noticed any adverse effects in about a month of use. I've also used it on my hands, and I think it would be nice for dry feet and elbows as well.

This stuff works extremely well in the West Texas winters where it rarely rains, super windy, and no discernible moisture in the air. Add in I’m a retin-a user and I’m left with flaky skin for a full 7 days after one retin-a application and my skin looks awful. I don’t use it all of the time, but it’s my go to night cream on dry chapped facial skin. It’s also an amazing cream for hands, and it stays in my purse in case my kids’ faces get chapped. I don’t need to use a lot most of the time so it lasts forever and it magically has never broken me out. Definitely a gentle product with many uses.

on 1/12/2018 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use this on my face, mostly at night in the summer but sometimes when I have dry patches during the day in winter I'll use it then, too. I put a tiny amount on my fingers and pat it onto damp skin. My skin LOVES this product, and I love the herbal citrus smell. They sell a tiny travel/sample size tube, which should be plenty to find out if this product will work for your skin.

on 11/30/2017 5:53:00 PM

The best natural multipurpose classic cream.
Great for face cream, face mask, lipcare, knees an elvows, antiwrinkle, hair mask, hand cream, cuticle care, healing cuts and bug bites.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Had to think twice about whether I would buy again or not. This very oily and nourishin cream is highly natural, so always worth more for our skin than chemicals. But the oil sits on the surface of your skin. It also smells of the more citronella-end of the citrus scent. The texture is amazing, that’s for sure. For a hand cream it might be ok if 1, you have really dry hands but also 2, you’re prepared for a thick cream to not penetrate and dry. It really coats your skin which can be a good or bad thing. I put it on my lips if I don’t have lip balm, rub it into spots like fingers, elbows etc. I’d buy again but not to use as frequently as I thought I would.