Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by age: 25-29
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.1

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

on 4/1/2019 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 9/10

This is a solid winter moisturiser for dry skin. I would avoid if you have combo-oily skin, as this cream is very thick and heavy. It has a similar texture to German formula Nivea Creme, but smells much nicer, like oranges. I slather this on before bed as it's too thick to wear under makeup. It's not super cheap but not expensive either - $23 AUD for 75 ml. I would repurchase.

on 1/2/2019 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This cream is a lifesaver for my dry and temperamental skin in the winter. The texture is a bit off putting at first (it is very thick and tacky), but it has a light and refreshing (not floral, thankfully) scent, and it does absorb into your skin as long as you warm it a bit/give it some time to really sink in. I like to let Skin Food have at least ten minutes or so before continuing with any additional products, although usually I slather it on before bed and just wait to make sure my pillowcase doesn't end up greasy.

In the winter my skin does go kind of nuts, it gets dry from the cold and the heating system in my apartment, and while my usual face cream: Dr. Jart's Ceramidin Cream does wonders, sometimes I need a little extra. When my cheeks or nose are particularly chapped, Skin Food really helps to soothe and repair my skin. I don't use this on my face daily by any means (maybe every other, at most), and usually only apply it to areas that need it. But about once a week I'll apply it all over for a deep hit of moisture, which has really helped.

I've never used it as a highlighter, although I do see how it could work as one. When I wear this during the day, you can see a shiny sheen even after it has absorbed, so I either ignore that (if I'm just running to the gym or the grocery store, I don't mind so much!) or dust a little powder on top. I know some people are hesitant to use it on their faces, and I'd suggest trying it in a small area before going crazy, but I've been fortunate and only had good reactions. I do also use it on my lips, elbows, hands (especially cuticles), feet, and knees as well as any rogue dry spots that pop up! So if you're not sure about its use on the face, I'd still recommend it for the body.

Pros: the metal tube is lovely and I really like it/haven't had any issues with the container, it is a rich and deeply moisturizing cream that just takes a little getting used to, a nice fresh scent, the best product I've found for coaxing some normality back into my skin (face and body) in the worst stretches of winter.

Cons: the tacky texture might be off putting, and it you needed to use this over extensive areas of the body (I once applied it all over my legs and it took a lot of product), I don't think it is quite worth the price for such a small tube. Not a product to apply at the last minute, as it takes some time to really absorb.

Honestly a holy grail for me. I even use it on my face during winter and combine with some rose hip oil. It’s a good dupe for La Met at a quarter of the price.

on 11/19/2018 12:29:00 AM

I love how soft it makes my skin feel BUT it clogs my pores and now I’m trying to find something tho unclog them. I wish it worked for me, I really do.

on 11/15/2018 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

When my undereyes get super dry during the winter, this is literally the only thing that helps. I am sooo grateful that this exists, because otherwise my undereye area would be a dry, flaky, puffy and sad mess from November through March every year. Other highly moisturizing creams just increase irritation and sting, but this is so gentle while still being moisturizing that it doesn't cause any issues.

This is a heavy, heavy duty moisturizer. I use it sparingly and only on areas that really need it. It comes out of the tube super thick, so I usually warm it up on my hands before applying. This isn't something that you apply to your full face if you have normal skin, and it doesn't wear well under makeup for me because it's so thick (it's definitely a night cream when I put it on my face). It has a pleasant, herb-y smell that I find to be very soothing. Aside from my eye area, I use it on my lips too, and any areas that are especially dry during the winter months.

Bonus is that it also makes a great, natural-looking dewy highlight on your cheekbones! Love a multi-use product ;).

I bought a small tube of this after seeing Katie Jane Hughes raving about it constantly on Instagram and I have completely changed my skin care routine because of how good it is.

It smells (to me) strongly of gin and tonic. The consistency is like an oily cold cream, so it's best used warm (I put it on the back of my hand for a few minutes). On the first night i used it in place of a night cream over a serum and it was hard work rubbing it onto my face and i wasn't happy about the consistency, but it did sink in after a while. On the second night I used it as a night cream again but without the serum and it was easier. When i woke up on the third day my skin looked noticeably better. It's the fastest I've noticed such a significant improvement using a product for the first time. My skin looked clearer, blemishes seemed smaller, I had no dry patches and I looked refreshed.

Since then I've been using it every day and experimenting with different uses and I now use it every night (nice thick layer an hour or two before going to sleep), and i use it under heavy makeup. It makes watery foundations look great and makes your skin glow. I hardly ever use serum now because nothing I've tried is worth bothering with now that I use this. It's going to save me a fortune in moisturizers, serums and primers.

I've tried using it on my hands, which are often dry and slightly flaky, and even though I've not been consistent with it (once every few days) I've noticed a small improvement. They're still sometimes dry but never flaky any more.

I've also use it on my elbows a few times because they were so dry that they were starting to crack, and since then they've really improved, almost back to normal.

This is miracle cream. I will never be without it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Finally! I've found my hg moisturiser. What I needed was something for dry skin that is also acne prone. I was using Nivea before and that did the job but I still had some breakouts here and there. With Skin food, my skin is finally clearing up. Another factor that was important to me was that it had to be natural (tick) and in sustainable packaging (aluminium is very recyclable). It has a lovely light citrusy scent. The price is right and it's readily available almost any where in the world. I wish i had tried this sooner because I would have saved so much time and money.

on 9/27/2018 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Where have you been all my life!? I was so hesitant to try this as I have very sensitive and extremely acne prone skin. Its heavy and scented which I generally try to avoid. I researched the I ingredients, read many reviews and decided to take a leap of faith and try it on my face. My skin appears very oily and shiny but is in fact dehydrated and requires a lot of moisture. This is perfect. I use it mainly at night, every night, over my regular serums and cream. I recommend warming it up in your hand before applying and then massaging it in. This has really helped my skin. During the fall/winter I get eczema and red flaky skin. This has saved me!

on 8/6/2018 2:55:00 PM

Edit: Dropped down to 3 lippies. The fragrance kind of bothers my eyes, and I no longer like using it as a hand cream because it's SO TACKY even after it dries down. Will not repurchase.

---

I'm not going to dwell on what other people have said: thick texture, herbal smell, awesome price. For reference, I have dry and dehydrated skin.

Here is how I use Skin Food:
1) Hair: This thing is SO GOOD at putting down small cowlicks. I have a halo of hairs that stand straight up, and one clump of hair near my hairline that also does something similar. This slicks it down (use only a TINY bit!) without making it look oily.
2. Eye cream: I use this very sparingly around my eye area. I use this from browbone to halfway down my nose. It's a great occlusive that also provides a bit of moisture. Occasionally (like once a week), I'll put a very thin layer all over my face.
3. Hand cream: I have insanely dry hands (not flaky... more like very dehydrated and overstretched skin that have no moisture at the fingertips), and I apply this at night to the back of my hands. I always avoid putting this on or between my fingers though; way too thick for that. It doesn't fix the dryness much but since it dries down to a non-slick finish, I'm more inclined to use it vs other hand creams.

This doesn't work well as a lip balm. It tastes like it smells (which isn't bad, but it tastes very bitter...), and isn't hydrating.

I have to mention that I LOVE the packaging. The metal tube makes it so that no air is going inside the tube. Ever.

If you're not sure about this product, they sell 0.34 ounce tubes (10 mL). I definitely recommend trying that first because the 1 oz or 3 oz will last you forever.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this. It has a herbal citris smell and is rich. Good for hands and cuticles. I gave mine to a friend with painfully dry hands because she had to wash them a lot. She said it helped. You do not need much to coat your hands as it is quite thick and .....how would I say, a little oily. I mean oily in a good way. I also like the calendula cream for babies. It makes a nice under eye cream as it is gentle. Weleda is awsome.