Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

3.9

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I would consider marrying it. Stole this from my mother when I had a reaction to a topical acne gel (acnatac) and it fixed the itchy, red and bumpy mess in a matter of days. It smells great and did not break me out (and I used it on the particular area where I usually get acne from pretty much just breathing). Feels so soothing too. Works great as a cuticle treatment, on elbows and well, anywhere dry.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought this for a fiver which I thought was ok and at the time I had patches of very dry skin so I decided to buy it. I wasn't sure if you should put it on your face but I did. Firstly the smell, it was very flowery and was too strong for me. The texture was also thick but not like conditioner. It completely messed up my face-it is too strong for faces. However I gave it to my mum and it completely restored her cracked feet along with the foot balm she also got of the same brand. I personally wouldn't buy it again but I know my mum would.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I just bought this because I wanted to see what all the hype was about, but I tried it and I don't like it at all. First off, I hate the smell, I'm not sure what smell it is, I think lavander or jasmine or something...whatever it is, I can't stand it...and second, the product doesn't spread well at all. You need at least 3 pea sized squeezes to spread on a normal sized area, like my stomach,(where I'm using it), and it does moisturize okay, but I've seen better moisturizers out there that can do the same job, without the smell and for a cheaper price.

This is the most wonderful face cream for nights. It smells nice, it's all natural, I wake up each morning with a glowing complexion and the packaging is adorable.

I apply a thick layer over my face nightly after I have washed and toned my facial skin. I then wait ten minutes of so and I apply a slightly thicker layer around my eyes. Not only has the skin around my eyes become smoother, but little creases and puffy bags have completely vanished.

I have heard it has caused break outs for some girls, however this has not been the case for me. Quite the opposite infact, I applied this cream to a blind spot and it had disappeared the next day.

I do understand what girls mean when they say it makes their skin feel congested and clogges up, however regular exfoliation decreases this effect.

Note: I have only used this product during winter, it may be too heavy during summer.

on 2/18/2011 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My mom received four .32 ounce sample tubes of this the last time she ordered something from Ulta, and she gave them to me knowing how much I love trying different things. Normally, I don't use samples unless I'm in a pinch, but I had four of them and they were pretty big, so I started using one. I instantly realized it was too heavy for day wear, so I it as a night cream. The first time I used it, I was really nervous that it would break me out because it seemed pretty greasy and heavy, but no. I woke up in the morning and my skin was SO soft, the redness was gone from my cheeks and nose, (something I've been trying to do since I got into makeup), and even the few pimples I had seemed to be better. Over time, it will greatly help with dry skin. It makes foundation application almost unnecessary. This is GREAT! The only thing I don't like is the smell. If you've ever tried Say Yes to Carrot's Carrot lip balm, it smells a little like that mixed with a little bit of mint. I wasn't crazy about it then, and I'm not now, but with the results it gives, I won't complain. :)

on 2/9/2011 7:49:00 AM

I love this product. I don't agree with the ones saying that it is too heavy to wear under make-up.
I apply a little to my cheeks (I have some dry patches), and let it sit for five minutes while I do my hair. Then I wipe off the excess oil and apply my foundation. I no longer have any problems with dry patches on my cheeks, and my skin does not look oily at all.
It's also great for dry hands and elbows.

on 2/4/2011 10:04:00 AM

I love Skin Food! It's super versatile, I mainly use it on my elbows and dry patches on my face. I struggle with those dry patches every winter and with this cream, I've managed to get rid of them! The cream is very thick, and the citrus smell is rather unpleasant. But I don't mind because the results are sooo good! Definitely 5 stars!

on 1/30/2011 8:32:00 PM

I'm on the fence about this product. I use it as my nightly face cream (note i say face...not eyes. do not get it near your eyes...mine sting like crazy if i get it close to them). As far as pros go, it does leave my face soft in the morning, and it has some good ingredients in it. But, it has a weird, sticky texture....hard to sleep on your side with it on. It does not spread very easily. And your skin has to be perfectly dry before you put it on...if my skin is damp, it seems to just disappear and not apply....weird. It also takes forever to dry, hence the complaint of it being difficult to sleep in. All in all, I don't think i'll repurchase.

After reading reviews such as: "Don't walk, run, to get this product," I decided that I needed to try this. My instincts were right. This hasn't irritated my skin, unlike a few of the reviewers here. It actually has more of a liquid consistency as opposed to traditional moisturizers, which are more creamy. It goes on very watery, but eventually dissolves into a cream formula as your skin dries. The formula is very heavy, and gives your skin a very radiant glow. This highlights my skin almost, if not just as well as my Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer. I usually just dab highlighter on my cheeks and eyes though, otherwise I will look shiny as opposed to glowy thus I only use Skin Food during nighttime. In the morning, I use Argan Oil which is just as fantastic as this, but slightly lighter.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

this stuff is way too thick & greasy for the face. feh. i wouldn't put it near my oily forehead. to use up my small $2 tube from target, i've been using this on my hair. i rub a tiny dab between my palms to melt it, and then massage it into my ends and the length of my hair. its really moisturizing and gives my hair a really nice shine.