CHANEL Rouge Noir

CHANEL Rouge Noir
CHANEL Rouge NoirRouge Noir

3.3

on 10/29/2015 6:28:00 PM

Overpriced, overhyped, the color looks completely dated on the nail, plus there are about a million dupes out there for it.

It wasn't nearly as special as I thought it was going to be. And in some lighting it just looks black (a pet peeve of mine). I wouldn't buy this one again.

on 1/22/2014 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I am very, very disappointed by this polish. ok the color is beautiful, but it started chipping after one day. the brush is too thin, it seems that Chanel wants to save money on the bristles! another thing that I noticed and that I do not like is the label sticker. I'm sorry but for what it costs, I think they should take more care about details. I will never buy it anymore, Essie nail polishes are of better quality and half the cost.

on 1/19/2011 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Love this nail polish. I first bought this after Pulp Fiction first came out, when I was a student, and it was the first top end nail polish I bought. The colour is great, with a fantastic shine/finish. You can tell this is a good quality polish. I usually use DS polish, but this just feels like a real luxury to use. Love it. Wish it wasn't so expensive, but I have re bought this and use it regularly on and off.

on 11/29/2007 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Rouge Noir is similar to the Original Chanel Vamp which came out in 1994.
It is a dark blood-black creme colour which looks absolutely divine on the nail. It is one of my all time favourites which I would not hesitate to buy over and over.
It is a high gloss colour and should be worn on short nails, in my opinion.
Imagine wearing a creme black nail colour (no shimmer), and adding a coat of red creme colour (also no shimmer)...rouge noir is the result. It is lovely.
Unfortunately it is not a Chanel USA colour, so your best bet is to look on eBay or to purchase it on your next trip to Europe or Asia.

Popular Polishes