Chanel Rouge Noir

CHANEL Rouge NoirRouge Noir

4.9

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

If you only own one Chanel nail polish, it needs to be Rouge Noir. It's such a deep, classically sexy color. It's a color that men have complimented me on and it's rare that I get a man's compliment on nail polish. The quality of the polish is outstanding. It's opaque in one coat but I use two to deepen the color. The application is even and the finish is a glossy shine. It wears well and I recommend using a base and top coat to prevent nail staining and to prolong wear time. If I had to wear one nail polish for the rest of my life it would be Chanel Rouge Noir. I highly recommend.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Wow, well, I have to say that just putting this on my toenails made me feel sexier (despite it being fall and so my toenails are almost always concealed). Let me start by saying that I did try to find a dupe for this but it's surprisingly hard. However, the formula convinced me that I made the right choice in going for the original. The formula is self-leveling, the consistency is good, and the shine is beyond belief. Seriously, you don't need a topcoat for shine (but as with reds/purples it will streak surfaces without one). The colour is blackish brown-based red so I won't be wearing this too often, but when I do, it'll be a sophisticated treat. Gave this a 4 for packaging bc of the floppy long brush and the brush handle could be longer. Will repurchase but hopefully not too quickly, it's too pricey!

on 12/23/2011 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my favourite dark polish along with Lincoln Park After Dark. While Lincoln Park After Dark has cool purple/blue undertones, this is a very dark burgundy/red. It's a really great classic colour and I think it would suit most skin tones.

Also, I'm a fan of the Chanel formula on this - it dries fairly quickly and lasts about 5 days on me.

on 6/27/2011 4:29:00 AM

Most gorgeus and classic nail colour. I always find myself coming back to it <3

on 9/24/2010 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Lovely colour. I at first thought this would be the biggest fad but after having applied this, i fell in love with the rich and glossy colour it left. My HG vamp colour.

on 5/18/2009 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

It was my first Chanel polish. The colour is a "IT" colour: red with a hint of black. A classic of the brand. I wear this colour only on my toes and lasts during two weeks. Easily to apply, easily to wear...perfect and so chic!!!

on 9/16/2006 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

No matter how many similar shades of polish you have in your collection, rest assured there is nothing quite like Rouge Noir. Other colors, like Revlon's "Vixen," may approach the red-black hue, but only Chanel can load on this much shine. I slapped a couple of coats on my nails one Friday and spent the weekend getting distracted by bright flashes of light reflecting from my dark, decadent nails.

The high-gloss shine made my half-assed home manicure look luxe and professional. Can't say enough good things about the shine. I wish that held true for the smell and the drying time, but those two aspects of this lovely little product definitely leave a lot to be desired. I don't think I've ever used a nail polish that smelled quite so bad - but I'm willing to live with that for the shine!

The manicure (base coat, 2 coats polish & top coat on short nails) lasted three days - but I didn't expect longer. Polish this dark and shiny shows even the smallest chips, and flaws that would not have been noticable in a lighter-colored manicure were glaringly apparent with Rouge Noir.

Lastly, Chanel must have reformulated "Vamp" because the polish that currently goes by that name is a dull, uninspired mulberry number devoid of any real drama. "Rouge Noir" is the shade I remember from the mid-nineties that seemed to take the world by storm one fall. I'm glad I read these reviews and got the real deal before I mistakenly ordered Vamp.

Popular Polishes