Chanel Rouge Noir

Chanel Rouge Noir
CHANEL Rouge NoirRouge Noir

4.4

on 10/29/2015 6:28:00 PM

Overpriced, overhyped, the color looks completely dated on the nail, plus there are about a million dupes out there for it.

It wasn't nearly as special as I thought it was going to be. And in some lighting it just looks black (a pet peeve of mine). I wouldn't buy this one again.

on 10/27/2015 4:46:00 PM

Love, love, love this nail varnish!
I wear it on my toes quite often and it lasts for ages and never chips. I always use a base coat as it does stain the nails. It's not cheap but it's worth it. Such a deep colour and applies easily.

You definitely need a base coat and a good top coat for Chanel nail varnish. I'm quite surprised how easily the varnish chips. I treated myself to this colour, my daughter bought a vibrant red Chanel polish which also chipped after wearing for only a day. With Chanel being an expensive nail polish, I thought it would be longer lasting than the cheaper varnishes.

on 1/22/2014 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I am very, very disappointed by this polish. ok the color is beautiful, but it started chipping after one day. the brush is too thin, it seems that Chanel wants to save money on the bristles! another thing that I noticed and that I do not like is the label sticker. I'm sorry but for what it costs, I think they should take more care about details. I will never buy it anymore, Essie nail polishes are of better quality and half the cost.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

If you only own one Chanel nail polish, it needs to be Rouge Noir. It's such a deep, classically sexy color. It's a color that men have complimented me on and it's rare that I get a man's compliment on nail polish. The quality of the polish is outstanding. It's opaque in one coat but I use two to deepen the color. The application is even and the finish is a glossy shine. It wears well and I recommend using a base and top coat to prevent nail staining and to prolong wear time. If I had to wear one nail polish for the rest of my life it would be Chanel Rouge Noir. I highly recommend.

The best. Period.

on 12/23/2011 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my favourite dark polish along with Lincoln Park After Dark. While Lincoln Park After Dark has cool purple/blue undertones, this is a very dark burgundy/red. It's a really great classic colour and I think it would suit most skin tones.

Also, I'm a fan of the Chanel formula on this - it dries fairly quickly and lasts about 5 days on me.

on 10/24/2011 3:39:00 PM

A true classic <3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The cult classic, Rouge Noir, is a very dark red, almost like blood. As I'm one to reach for dark polishes, this is actually my favourite. I've had this nail polish for a while but at around AUD$39, it doesn't come cheap. However, I don't wear nail polish all the time but when I do, this is the one I reach for first. I love the packaging: it's so chic. The brush is so easy to work with and it doesn't really matter how messy I apply the polish on, it ends up look smooth and nicely done when it's dried (for some reason)
As for drying time, I think it dries pretty fast. I don't really have anything bad to say about it except the price, but considering that it's Chanel, it's worth it because the first time I applied it on, I felt like a million bucks.

on 2/28/2011 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I was hoping Rouge Noir going to be the blackened red creme I've been searching for. I mean, it's called Rouge Noir right?

Should have called it Rouge Marron instead.

It's dark red in the bottle, but it's definitely got a distinct brown tinge to it. Doesn't work with my True Winter colouring at all. It doesn't look anything close to red once I get it onto my nail, just brown.

Popular Polishes