Chanel Rouge Noir

CHANEL Rouge NoirRouge Noir

4.6

on 10/31/2010 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This nail varnish is gorgeous. The colour is soooo classy and chic and the quality is outstanding. It lasts three times more than any nail varnish but as the times goes by and the varnish becomes older it starts chipping sooner. The shine is premier league. However, the price is far too expensive given the huge amount of similar shades much cheaper in the market.

on 8/24/2010 9:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Rouge Noir is my all time fav nail color.
I am not really a "nail girl" and don't really do a lot with my nails. I'm lucky to have naturally "good" and strong nail, so most of of the time I just keep it not too short and bare.
But once a while I love to paint them dark and I find this vampy red color to be perfect.
With two coat you will get a dark red gorgeous color. One of the reason I love it, it's the same exact color as my my fav fruit, dark chery.
Its not overly shiny (I don't like shiny blingy nails) but it has enough dept to make it interesting. Its sexy but classy.
It does chipped after a day or so and doesn't last that long. For me its not really a big deal, weird but I actually like the worn out, dried blood looks =P
If I do want a more neat sophisticated looks, for a fancy dinner etc, I make sure i put it on the same day as the event. So i know at least it will stay perfect during that time.
I'm sure there are a lot of better nail polishes out there for a cheaper price. But I don't really feel like experimenting with nail polishes. For me this is good enough. And beside I'm already fallen in love with Rouge Noir.

To say i am a frequent chanel customer would be such an understatement!!! Chanel is all i buy when it comes to make up and skincare!
When i first saw Rouge Noir years ago i fell in love instantly, its such a perfect, sexy, classy dark red.
When doing my nails i ALWAYS use a base coat, two coats of colour and a high shine top coat. One thing i will say about Rouge Noir is the end result of the colour on nails is slightly darker than it looks in the bottle. With two thick coats the result is almost black, which isnt really what i want.As dark as possible but with a strong tint of wine red is how i want it. This is achievable if you apply the first coat quite thinly,then make the second coat thicker.
The packaging as always with chanel is classic and sophisticated, which suites my taste. Colourful packaging e.g Benefit always look like teenagers make up to me
Yes you could argue its on the expensive side, but if your going to buy chanel this is expected. The only downfalls of this product is i find it chips quite easily,and for some reason doesnt seem to hold the shine for long,even with top coat i find it somewhat mattes after a day or so. And i like my nails super shiny, so i end up re doing them.
I continue to buy this over and over again,its the original classic dark red. Timeless and sexy, looks better when my nails are short and squared off.

on 11/20/2009 6:08:00 AM

This is the industry standard when it comes to rouge-noir nail polish. I have been using it since the beginning of 1990s. Rouge Noir is the perfect blend of red and black without any unflattering brownness therefore it accentuates the blue undertones in the skin, making it appear whiter, not yellowish or reddish. There must be a reason why Chanel charges soo much more than drugstore brands. You just don't pay for the brand name and classic packaging. The consistency is beautifully creamy and the precise small and short brush makes it easier to apply the colour without smudging it outside the nail. I regularly trim my cuticles and of all nail polishes, Chanel is the only one I found that can be applied closest to the cuticle without ruining the manicure. I also found that it lasts longer than many other nail polishes, OPI, Essie or Nails Inc. I layer it with OPI Nail Envy and top it with Sally Hansen's Insta-Dry, refreshing with a fresh coat of Insta-Dry everyday and it looks perfect.

on 11/2/2009 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Chanel Rouge Noir is the definitive "vampy" polish by reputation, so naturally, I had to acquire this for my stash, and I can honestly say .. BEST POLISH EVER! This is probably one of my "Top 10" shades of all time.

Rouge Noir is totally sexy, sophisticated and rich. It's a dark blackened red, that doesn't go "black" after a couple of coats. I have Vamp as well, but I prefer this over Vamp because it's slightly deeper, and sans "shimmer", which makes it beyond classy. It's rich but not gothic, and is just perfection for my vampy loving self. This is definite HG for me! continued >>

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Rouge Noir is such a cult colour and I had to have it after watching Pulp Fiction. I agree that it looks smart on short nails because it would look too OTT on longer nails. I gave it 4 ratings because it took forever to dry and also I found that it chipped within 5 days of application on my fingernails. It is also not the easiest of polish to apply without creating a mess. Having said that, I adore the colour and would definitely repurchase.

on 10/19/2007 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Well, what can I say? A really nice colour, sharp! Doesn't stain your nails either! The packaging is really nice, really stands out! Goes onto your nails smoothly too. One of the best. Really worth the price.

on 3/14/2007 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This stuff kills me! I love the shade and glossy finish to pieces (have worn it since it came out) but like all of the Chanel polishes I have used I find that it doesn't take long to chip. Even when using topcoat. The colour is the best though!

on 10/12/2006 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

First of all, Rouge Noir IS different from Vamp; they are not the same shade. I own a bottle of each: Rouge Noir is a deep, dark, red creme, and is made in France; Vamp is a lighter shimmery mulberry shade, made in the USA. Both are beautiful and unique, but they are very different indeed.

In the bottle, Rouge Noir looks like every other shade of deep brownish red, and there's nothing special about it. But on your nails...WOW! The color is dark and rich with so much depth to it, just like blood in the sunlight, black cherry indoors, and black in candlelight. It's a high-maintenance color, all right (don't let that intimidate you!), but the formula is perfect: not runny, not goopy, and the brush is easy to control. I didn't find it to be especially streaky, but I did need two good coats for an even application. It lasted a week before I took it off, nary a chip (just a little wear at the tips). I wore it to Las Vegas and a companion (who never notices things like what polish someone has on) complimented me and remarked that he'd never seen a color like it before.

I'm not sure if Rouge Noir is sold at the Chanel counters here in the USA (I got mine online), but it is well worth looking for if you want a really dark, glamorous shade. Beautiful!

on 7/15/2006 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Love this super sexy, sophisticated dark burgundy/almost black polish. I have had this bottle for 3 years (my bottle says Vamp on it), and it still goes on as striking and shiney as the day I bought it. I used to only wear it in the fall and winter, but I now wear it year round. I find it a refreshing change of pace in the summer from my usual pale pinks and sheer neutrals. I love seeing my girlfriends do a double take when they see my "Vampy" summer manicure. This color has become a classic for a reason. There are many other similar colors out there, and I have many of them, but Vamp unique. You can wear it if you are 15 or 50, it just works on everyone.

Popular Polishes