Chanel Rouge Noir

4.2

on 2/11/2013 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Looking for dupe? Flormar 323 is the answer. Chanel is sold for 50 lira where Flormar is sold for 2,50 lira in my country. I really don't think Rouge Noir deserves this price tag.

on 11/11/2009 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

What can I add about this polish that hasn't already been said? As you know, it's a gorgeous blackened creme red that really is the epitome of vamp. After OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark, this is my favourite polish. The wear is fantastic (as it should be with the hefty price tag). I use three coats for optimum colour saturation and while I do experience tipwear, I've rarely had chips or cracks. I will say I think Chanel brushes can use a serious revamping. After using OPI's Prowide Brushes for so long, the Chanel brushes seem kind of old-fashioned.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

this is a terribly amazing color!! believe all whats been said about it!! i just cant get enough of its beauty. specially its winter season now.. it matches well with all my outfits believe it or not :D needless to say anything about chanel's nail polish quality! absolutely theeee best!! this is the most unique color ever + black satin! i am in love madly with these two!

on 10/12/2006 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

First of all, Rouge Noir IS different from Vamp; they are not the same shade. I own a bottle of each: Rouge Noir is a deep, dark, red creme, and is made in France; Vamp is a lighter shimmery mulberry shade, made in the USA. Both are beautiful and unique, but they are very different indeed.

In the bottle, Rouge Noir looks like every other shade of deep brownish red, and there's nothing special about it. But on your nails...WOW! The color is dark and rich with so much depth to it, just like blood in the sunlight, black cherry indoors, and black in candlelight. It's a high-maintenance color, all right (don't let that intimidate you!), but the formula is perfect: not runny, not goopy, and the brush is easy to control. I didn't find it to be especially streaky, but I did need two good coats for an even application. It lasted a week before I took it off, nary a chip (just a little wear at the tips). I wore it to Las Vegas and a companion (who never notices things like what polish someone has on) complimented me and remarked that he'd never seen a color like it before.

I'm not sure if Rouge Noir is sold at the Chanel counters here in the USA (I got mine online), but it is well worth looking for if you want a really dark, glamorous shade. Beautiful!

on 9/16/2006 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

No matter how many similar shades of polish you have in your collection, rest assured there is nothing quite like Rouge Noir. Other colors, like Revlon's "Vixen," may approach the red-black hue, but only Chanel can load on this much shine. I slapped a couple of coats on my nails one Friday and spent the weekend getting distracted by bright flashes of light reflecting from my dark, decadent nails.

The high-gloss shine made my half-assed home manicure look luxe and professional. Can't say enough good things about the shine. I wish that held true for the smell and the drying time, but those two aspects of this lovely little product definitely leave a lot to be desired. I don't think I've ever used a nail polish that smelled quite so bad - but I'm willing to live with that for the shine!

The manicure (base coat, 2 coats polish & top coat on short nails) lasted three days - but I didn't expect longer. Polish this dark and shiny shows even the smallest chips, and flaws that would not have been noticable in a lighter-colored manicure were glaringly apparent with Rouge Noir.

Lastly, Chanel must have reformulated "Vamp" because the polish that currently goes by that name is a dull, uninspired mulberry number devoid of any real drama. "Rouge Noir" is the shade I remember from the mid-nineties that seemed to take the world by storm one fall. I'm glad I read these reviews and got the real deal before I mistakenly ordered Vamp.

Popular Polishes