CHANEL Rouge Noir

CHANEL Rouge NoirRouge Noir

3.9

on 1/22/2014 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I am very, very disappointed by this polish. ok the color is beautiful, but it started chipping after one day. the brush is too thin, it seems that Chanel wants to save money on the bristles! another thing that I noticed and that I do not like is the label sticker. I'm sorry but for what it costs, I think they should take more care about details. I will never buy it anymore, Essie nail polishes are of better quality and half the cost.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The cult classic, Rouge Noir, is a very dark red, almost like blood. As I'm one to reach for dark polishes, this is actually my favourite. I've had this nail polish for a while but at around AUD$39, it doesn't come cheap. However, I don't wear nail polish all the time but when I do, this is the one I reach for first. I love the packaging: it's so chic. The brush is so easy to work with and it doesn't really matter how messy I apply the polish on, it ends up look smooth and nicely done when it's dried (for some reason)
As for drying time, I think it dries pretty fast. I don't really have anything bad to say about it except the price, but considering that it's Chanel, it's worth it because the first time I applied it on, I felt like a million bucks.

on 1/19/2011 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Love this nail polish. I first bought this after Pulp Fiction first came out, when I was a student, and it was the first top end nail polish I bought. The colour is great, with a fantastic shine/finish. You can tell this is a good quality polish. I usually use DS polish, but this just feels like a real luxury to use. Love it. Wish it wasn't so expensive, but I have re bought this and use it regularly on and off.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a present, so Iīm glad I didnīt have to shell out the money for this dissapointment! What a ripoff!
Granted, the color is great, and application is good if you use a basecoat...but only after an hour of wear it started chipping!!! I hardly had done anything in the meantime, basically rested my hands the whole time...
With a name like Chanel I would really expect a better quality polish! I have dirtcheap ones which NEVER chip!

on 8/22/2008 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my very favorite nail color. It is genius. It is dark but still red. Sometimes you just can't wear black...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

this is a terribly amazing color!! believe all whats been said about it!! i just cant get enough of its beauty. specially its winter season now.. it matches well with all my outfits believe it or not :D needless to say anything about chanel's nail polish quality! absolutely theeee best!! this is the most unique color ever + black satin! i am in love madly with these two!

on 9/16/2006 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

No matter how many similar shades of polish you have in your collection, rest assured there is nothing quite like Rouge Noir. Other colors, like Revlon's "Vixen," may approach the red-black hue, but only Chanel can load on this much shine. I slapped a couple of coats on my nails one Friday and spent the weekend getting distracted by bright flashes of light reflecting from my dark, decadent nails.

The high-gloss shine made my half-assed home manicure look luxe and professional. Can't say enough good things about the shine. I wish that held true for the smell and the drying time, but those two aspects of this lovely little product definitely leave a lot to be desired. I don't think I've ever used a nail polish that smelled quite so bad - but I'm willing to live with that for the shine!

The manicure (base coat, 2 coats polish & top coat on short nails) lasted three days - but I didn't expect longer. Polish this dark and shiny shows even the smallest chips, and flaws that would not have been noticable in a lighter-colored manicure were glaringly apparent with Rouge Noir.

Lastly, Chanel must have reformulated "Vamp" because the polish that currently goes by that name is a dull, uninspired mulberry number devoid of any real drama. "Rouge Noir" is the shade I remember from the mid-nineties that seemed to take the world by storm one fall. I'm glad I read these reviews and got the real deal before I mistakenly ordered Vamp.

Popular Polishes