Chanel Rouge Noir

Chanel Rouge Noir
CHANEL Rouge NoirRouge Noir

4.2

on 10/24/2011 2:32:00 PM

A must-have colour for times when you want to look like you mean business. Given its depth of pigment, never fails to lend a level of sophistication to an outfit. Have had one for some years (used only occasionally) and it's still operational, so a testament to the quality of Chanel varnish.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

While I like the color it somehow doesn't really look too flaterring on me. It's somewhat too dark, almost black and I am not really into gothic style. I do wear it every now and then when the whole world seems to be against me and I would like to show that I am tougher than I look :-) Staying power is not impressive. It chips in about 3 days or so. Wouldn't re-purchase but I am not disappointed that I have it.

on 11/11/2009 3:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

What can I add about this polish that hasn't already been said? As you know, it's a gorgeous blackened creme red that really is the epitome of vamp. After OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark, this is my favourite polish. The wear is fantastic (as it should be with the hefty price tag). I use three coats for optimum colour saturation and while I do experience tipwear, I've rarely had chips or cracks. I will say I think Chanel brushes can use a serious revamping. After using OPI's Prowide Brushes for so long, the Chanel brushes seem kind of old-fashioned.

on 10/23/2009 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Probably my favorite nail polish shade of all time. It makes my claws look so chic without being over the top. I think the deep vampy shade is universally flattering on short nails. The color is completely matte (love!). I lost my first bottle and just managed to repurchase this on ebay... I'm so glad I did! I just wish it was more available here in the States so I can share the love with my girl friends for Christmas. This is a staple in my humble collection and probably the most used, as well.

The first coat usually comes out streaky and uneven. The brush is on the thin side. Mistakes are forgivable when applying the first coat, as the 2nd coat will smooth everything out and make the color much more opaque. I usually apply around 2-3 coats of this, and use a top coat (SV). I took a lippie off however, for the high price and the fact that sometimes I get tiny bubbles when applying. The tricky application is worth going through for this gorgeous, classic shade!

on 11/21/2007 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love the color, but have a hard time putting it on myself. On my second bottle.

on 10/23/2007 4:37:00 AM

Believe the hype, this is an amazing colour, dark enough to look black in low light, but a lovely dark dark vampy red in brighter light. I looked around for a cheaper colour that would be similar but couldn't find anything like it, finally bought the real thing and it's well worth it. Sexy and looks good with everything!

on 9/10/2007 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

There's no way you get more value from Bourjois, as the previous reviewer suggested. One coat of this lasts a long time and it doesn't go on streaky like cheaper nail varnishes can. Plus the colour is just beautiful. I wore this on my toes on my 21st birthday (it matched my dress perfectly), I'm still wearing it three years later, and I'm sure I'll be wearing it for years to come.

on 9/9/2007 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The colour is good but this varnish looks cheap on. It chipped off the next day. Doesnt go on very well. Think you get more value from Bourjois nail varnish and the colour is better. Will never purchase chanel products ever again (apart from the perfume!). Bought a lipstick pencil from chanel total waste of money.

on 7/1/2007 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

love love love rouge noir. the colour is divine, im not one to go for black but this is sultry, dark and sophisticated and still fun and unique because its a shade not many people wear. i prefer to wear 2 coats of this to really get optimum colour. my only gripe is staying power, chips off easily, but i will still continue to repurchase this shade.

on 9/27/2006 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a very elegant and sexy looking nailpolish. The quality is what to be expected of Chanel. I usually wear two coats, the third coat looks a bit too dark for my liking. It dries quickly, and doesnt chip easily. I also like to mix this with reds (one coat red n/p and then rouge noir) for a lovely red- burgundy colour.

Popular Polishes