Chanel Rouge Noir

Chanel Rouge Noir
CHANEL Rouge NoirRouge Noir

4.6

on 10/29/2015 6:28:00 PM

Overpriced, overhyped, the color looks completely dated on the nail, plus there are about a million dupes out there for it.

It wasn't nearly as special as I thought it was going to be. And in some lighting it just looks black (a pet peeve of mine). I wouldn't buy this one again.

on 10/27/2015 4:46:00 PM

Love, love, love this nail varnish!
I wear it on my toes quite often and it lasts for ages and never chips. I always use a base coat as it does stain the nails. It's not cheap but it's worth it. Such a deep colour and applies easily.

Today, after beeing a MUA member for yeeeaaars, I am actually writing my 1st review :-)

So here goes: Chanel Rouge Noir nail polish.
Of course I checked the other reviews before. Very helpful was the one pointing out how much cash I would spend in trying to find a dupe. Yep, Essie Wicke, while very nice, just didnīt do it. in comparison wicked looks "dead" on the nail, While very shiny it does not have that slightly translucent quality and the livelyness of the red somwhere deep in the base. It beats me how Chanel did it.

I am from Germany. The bottle here says "18 Rouge Noir"

Packaging & Handling:
Very classic, what makes Chanel polishes different from all the others is their dainty brush. Yes it is longer and more floppy than others. You have to hold the tiny round top with a kind of elegant grip.
When putting on your Chanel you cannot rush! The brush almost orders you to sit down on your beautiful butt and celebrate the whole application process. No sturdy brush to just swap it on. No Lady, either you do this right or your manicure is doomed.

Staying power:
Surprise, surprise! On my thin nails 4 days with almot no tip wear. Something happens on day 5 that just makes the polish come off in really big sheets.

Finish:
First application uneven, streaky. Second application and the magic sets in. Even, self levelling and very glossy!

Base Coat: P2, really cheap about 2,50 EUR
Top Coat: Sally Hansen Insta Dry about 7,95 EUR
Rouge Noir: 23,00 EUR
It seems to be all about between what base and top coat you sandwich your Chanel.

I hope this helps you make your decision. Could I live without it before, well yes. Can I live without it now? Well no :-)
It just makes you feel so elegant and sexy.

I am afraid this is the beginning of a Love for Chanel Polishes. Well you have been warned ;-)

Happy Polishing!

I own quite a few chanel make-up items, but didn't get one of their polishes yet. I splurged on this beautiful colour and did not regret it at all! It is a quality polish, and stayed extremely well on the nails. I got a bit of tipwear during the 3 days that I wore it. I don't mind that. Surprisingly the tipwear was only on my middle finger, and my thumbs stayed impeccable, usually my thumbs chip first! So yes, love it!

on 1/22/2014 10:46:00 AM

My only previous Chanel nail polish was Dragon, which was an absolutely beautiful red but didn't wear particularly well. I figured I was done with Chanel polishes - however, I'm currently going through some kind of delayed goth phase and I just couldn't find a colour similar to Rouge Noir. It looks so beautiful in the bottle, and in fact it is just as beautiful on my hands (I'm extremely pale, NC15). Finally I plonked down the ÂĢ18 at Selfridges during my lunch break and hoped for the best. As with Dragon, it doesn't have amazing staying power and chips within a day or two. However, it will look pretty damn good for that first and second day.

I've heard that using the Chanel topcoat is the best thing for keeping Chanel polishes in their place, but I don't have the $$$$ to find out. To sum up: short lived but perfect for the vampire babe within.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

If you only own one Chanel nail polish, it needs to be Rouge Noir. It's such a deep, classically sexy color. It's a color that men have complimented me on and it's rare that I get a man's compliment on nail polish. The quality of the polish is outstanding. It's opaque in one coat but I use two to deepen the color. The application is even and the finish is a glossy shine. It wears well and I recommend using a base and top coat to prevent nail staining and to prolong wear time. If I had to wear one nail polish for the rest of my life it would be Chanel Rouge Noir. I highly recommend.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Wow, well, I have to say that just putting this on my toenails made me feel sexier (despite it being fall and so my toenails are almost always concealed). Let me start by saying that I did try to find a dupe for this but it's surprisingly hard. However, the formula convinced me that I made the right choice in going for the original. The formula is self-leveling, the consistency is good, and the shine is beyond belief. Seriously, you don't need a topcoat for shine (but as with reds/purples it will streak surfaces without one). The colour is blackish brown-based red so I won't be wearing this too often, but when I do, it'll be a sophisticated treat. Gave this a 4 for packaging bc of the floppy long brush and the brush handle could be longer. Will repurchase but hopefully not too quickly, it's too pricey!

on 3/22/2012 3:19:00 PM

This is my all-time favourite nail polish. Nothing is as good for depth of colour, texture, or durability. I wear this for days on end without touch-ups, it looks classy and it goes with absolutely everything. Other deep reds don't even come close.

This is the only Chanel polish I own - because there is no dupe for this one. (Trust me, I've looked.)

on 12/23/2011 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my favourite dark polish along with Lincoln Park After Dark. While Lincoln Park After Dark has cool purple/blue undertones, this is a very dark burgundy/red. It's a really great classic colour and I think it would suit most skin tones.

Also, I'm a fan of the Chanel formula on this - it dries fairly quickly and lasts about 5 days on me.

on 10/24/2011 3:39:00 PM