CHANEL Rouge Noir

CHANEL Rouge NoirRouge Noir

1 review

on 11/5/2012 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had to search for this......that being said I have now come to the understanding as to why this polish is so sought after. I adore DL polishes, they last forever and have the most interesting colors. My first from DL was "JWAR" and that is a true blood red. My second DL polish was "BB". It is a mulberry red and gorgeous as well. This Rouge Noir by Chanel is the perfect blackened blood red! I didn't think that Chanel could do what my HG polish could do.
This color is a good color in one coat, but two look so much better. It's darker than that "vamp" color they put out and Rouge Noir carries much more black to it, it has no shimmer or sparkle, just a bold creme that carries the color perfectly! It is my new favorite red that I'll wear on my fingers anytime of the year!
The brush is ok. It does the job without a lot of streaking. The formula is good. It dries fast and is exceptionally shiney! I was amazed after 5 days that the shine was still strong. I used a great top coat, but It does not matter what top coat you use if the polish is crap the polish will chip and wear away in minutes. It is like any polish, if you use brillo pads to clean anything, the polish will be destroyed. If I can wash a sink of dishes (with a sponge) and the color stays for the most part on the nail bed itself and I have a bit of wear on the edges, then the polish is worth it, this polish did that and survived! The shine did not dull either.
I had to search out this shade since they don't sell it at the counters anymore. I found it and bought it and I've worn it well. I had so many compliments I'm not sure I want to wear any other color this winter. I don't want to run out of this shade, so I'll save it for special occasions and use it then. No, my best friend may not use it on her toes, I know she will want to and this is not a color to hide! LOL

Popular Polishes