Chanel Rouge Noir

CHANEL Rouge NoirRouge Noir

4.3

on 11/21/2014 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really love all the Chanel nail polishes, but in particular I'm crazy for this beautiful colour! So classy and sexy at the same time.. And very shiny!! It last for 6/7 days if you apply on your nails good top coat! Seriously, one of my favorite polishes of all the time!

I own quite a few chanel make-up items, but didn't get one of their polishes yet. I splurged on this beautiful colour and did not regret it at all! It is a quality polish, and stayed extremely well on the nails. I got a bit of tipwear during the 3 days that I wore it. I don't mind that. Surprisingly the tipwear was only on my middle finger, and my thumbs stayed impeccable, usually my thumbs chip first! So yes, love it!

You definitely need a base coat and a good top coat for Chanel nail varnish. I'm quite surprised how easily the varnish chips. I treated myself to this colour, my daughter bought a vibrant red Chanel polish which also chipped after wearing for only a day. With Chanel being an expensive nail polish, I thought it would be longer lasting than the cheaper varnishes.

on 1/22/2014 10:46:00 AM

My only previous Chanel nail polish was Dragon, which was an absolutely beautiful red but didn't wear particularly well. I figured I was done with Chanel polishes - however, I'm currently going through some kind of delayed goth phase and I just couldn't find a colour similar to Rouge Noir. It looks so beautiful in the bottle, and in fact it is just as beautiful on my hands (I'm extremely pale, NC15). Finally I plonked down the £18 at Selfridges during my lunch break and hoped for the best. As with Dragon, it doesn't have amazing staying power and chips within a day or two. However, it will look pretty damn good for that first and second day.

I've heard that using the Chanel topcoat is the best thing for keeping Chanel polishes in their place, but I don't have the $$$$ to find out. To sum up: short lived but perfect for the vampire babe within.

on 10/13/2013 1:16:00 AM

I first bought Rouge Noir in the mid Nineties when it was called Vamp - it was the worst polish that I have ever purchased. I swear it started to chip before it even fully dried. I have been purchasing countless bottles of Revlon's Vixen since then. Last fall I purchased Chanel's Frenzy and the formula was flawless. This was certainly not the same formula I had last tried! Fast forward to this fall, and when my current bottle of Vixen was depleted I decided to try Rouge Noir. It is perfect! A better formula and better lasting power than Vixen, this polish lives up to its pedigree and its price tag.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

So chic: perfect colour payoff and good durability. I love all the tinted black Chanels as I also have Blue Satin and Vendetta.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Well, this really is the only option it you want that colour. I'm not too impressed with the quality of chanel polishes, but I'm pretty sure this wont be my last. I need three coats, and with top and basecoat (Essies 3-way-glaze and Good to go) it lasts 3-4 days without chipping. I don't really know what else to say...If you like the colour, just get this as it will be cheaper that trying all the dupes!

on 3/22/2012 3:19:00 PM

This is my all-time favourite nail polish. Nothing is as good for depth of colour, texture, or durability. I wear this for days on end without touch-ups, it looks classy and it goes with absolutely everything. Other deep reds don't even come close.

This is the only Chanel polish I own - because there is no dupe for this one. (Trust me, I've looked.)

on 10/24/2011 2:32:00 PM

A must-have colour for times when you want to look like you mean business. Given its depth of pigment, never fails to lend a level of sophistication to an outfit. Have had one for some years (used only occasionally) and it's still operational, so a testament to the quality of Chanel varnish.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

While I like the color it somehow doesn't really look too flaterring on me. It's somewhat too dark, almost black and I am not really into gothic style. I do wear it every now and then when the whole world seems to be against me and I would like to show that I am tougher than I look :-) Staying power is not impressive. It chips in about 3 days or so. Wouldn't re-purchase but I am not disappointed that I have it.

Popular Polishes