Chanel Rouge Noir

Chanel Rouge Noir
CHANEL Rouge NoirRouge Noir

4.4

on 10/27/2015 4:46:00 PM

Love, love, love this nail varnish!
I wear it on my toes quite often and it lasts for ages and never chips. I always use a base coat as it does stain the nails. It's not cheap but it's worth it. Such a deep colour and applies easily.

Today, after beeing a MUA member for yeeeaaars, I am actually writing my 1st review :-)

So here goes: Chanel Rouge Noir nail polish.
Of course I checked the other reviews before. Very helpful was the one pointing out how much cash I would spend in trying to find a dupe. Yep, Essie Wicke, while very nice, just didnt do it. in comparison wicked looks "dead" on the nail, While very shiny it does not have that slightly translucent quality and the livelyness of the red somwhere deep in the base. It beats me how Chanel did it.

I am from Germany. The bottle here says "18 Rouge Noir"

Packaging & Handling:
Very classic, what makes Chanel polishes different from all the others is their dainty brush. Yes it is longer and more floppy than others. You have to hold the tiny round top with a kind of elegant grip.
When putting on your Chanel you cannot rush! The brush almost orders you to sit down on your beautiful butt and celebrate the whole application process. No sturdy brush to just swap it on. No Lady, either you do this right or your manicure is doomed.

Staying power:
Surprise, surprise! On my thin nails 4 days with almot no tip wear. Something happens on day 5 that just makes the polish come off in really big sheets.

Finish:
First application uneven, streaky. Second application and the magic sets in. Even, self levelling and very glossy!

Base Coat: P2, really cheap about 2,50 EUR
Top Coat: Sally Hansen Insta Dry about 7,95 EUR
Rouge Noir: 23,00 EUR
It seems to be all about between what base and top coat you sandwich your Chanel.

I hope this helps you make your decision. Could I live without it before, well yes. Can I live without it now? Well no :-)
It just makes you feel so elegant and sexy.

I am afraid this is the beginning of a Love for Chanel Polishes. Well you have been warned ;-)

Happy Polishing!

on 11/21/2014 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really love all the Chanel nail polishes, but in particular I'm crazy for this beautiful colour! So classy and sexy at the same time.. And very shiny!! It last for 6/7 days if you apply on your nails good top coat! Seriously, one of my favorite polishes of all the time!

on 10/13/2013 1:16:00 AM

I first bought Rouge Noir in the mid Nineties when it was called Vamp - it was the worst polish that I have ever purchased. I swear it started to chip before it even fully dried. I have been purchasing countless bottles of Revlon's Vixen since then. Last fall I purchased Chanel's Frenzy and the formula was flawless. This was certainly not the same formula I had last tried! Fast forward to this fall, and when my current bottle of Vixen was depleted I decided to try Rouge Noir. It is perfect! A better formula and better lasting power than Vixen, this polish lives up to its pedigree and its price tag.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

If you only own one Chanel nail polish, it needs to be Rouge Noir. It's such a deep, classically sexy color. It's a color that men have complimented me on and it's rare that I get a man's compliment on nail polish. The quality of the polish is outstanding. It's opaque in one coat but I use two to deepen the color. The application is even and the finish is a glossy shine. It wears well and I recommend using a base and top coat to prevent nail staining and to prolong wear time. If I had to wear one nail polish for the rest of my life it would be Chanel Rouge Noir. I highly recommend.

on 11/5/2012 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had to search for this......that being said I have now come to the understanding as to why this polish is so sought after. I adore DL polishes, they last forever and have the most interesting colors. My first from DL was "JWAR" and that is a true blood red. My second DL polish was "BB". It is a mulberry red and gorgeous as well. This Rouge Noir by Chanel is the perfect blackened blood red! I didn't think that Chanel could do what my HG polish could do.
This color is a good color in one coat, but two look so much better. It's darker than that "vamp" color they put out and Rouge Noir carries much more black to it, it has no shimmer or sparkle, just a bold creme that carries the color perfectly! It is my new favorite red that I'll wear on my fingers anytime of the year!
The brush is ok. It does the job without a lot of streaking. The formula is good. It dries fast and is exceptionally shiney! I was amazed after 5 days that the shine was still strong. I used a great top coat, but It does not matter what top coat you use if the polish is crap the polish will chip and wear away in minutes. It is like any polish, if you use brillo pads to clean anything, the polish will be destroyed. If I can wash a sink of dishes (with a sponge) and the color stays for the most part on the nail bed itself and I have a bit of wear on the edges, then the polish is worth it, this polish did that and survived! The shine did not dull either.
I had to search out this shade since they don't sell it at the counters anymore. I found it and bought it and I've worn it well. I had so many compliments I'm not sure I want to wear any other color this winter. I don't want to run out of this shade, so I'll save it for special occasions and use it then. No, my best friend may not use it on her toes, I know she will want to and this is not a color to hide! LOL

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Wow, well, I have to say that just putting this on my toenails made me feel sexier (despite it being fall and so my toenails are almost always concealed). Let me start by saying that I did try to find a dupe for this but it's surprisingly hard. However, the formula convinced me that I made the right choice in going for the original. The formula is self-leveling, the consistency is good, and the shine is beyond belief. Seriously, you don't need a topcoat for shine (but as with reds/purples it will streak surfaces without one). The colour is blackish brown-based red so I won't be wearing this too often, but when I do, it'll be a sophisticated treat. Gave this a 4 for packaging bc of the floppy long brush and the brush handle could be longer. Will repurchase but hopefully not too quickly, it's too pricey!

on 3/22/2012 3:19:00 PM

This is my all-time favourite nail polish. Nothing is as good for depth of colour, texture, or durability. I wear this for days on end without touch-ups, it looks classy and it goes with absolutely everything. Other deep reds don't even come close.

This is the only Chanel polish I own - because there is no dupe for this one. (Trust me, I've looked.)

The best. Period.

on 12/23/2011 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my favourite dark polish along with Lincoln Park After Dark. While Lincoln Park After Dark has cool purple/blue undertones, this is a very dark burgundy/red. It's a really great classic colour and I think it would suit most skin tones.

Also, I'm a fan of the Chanel formula on this - it dries fairly quickly and lasts about 5 days on me.

Popular Polishes