Chanel Rouge Noir

CHANEL Rouge NoirRouge Noir

4.4

on 1/22/2014 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I am very, very disappointed by this polish. ok the color is beautiful, but it started chipping after one day. the brush is too thin, it seems that Chanel wants to save money on the bristles! another thing that I noticed and that I do not like is the label sticker. I'm sorry but for what it costs, I think they should take more care about details. I will never buy it anymore, Essie nail polishes are of better quality and half the cost.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a present, so Im glad I didnt have to shell out the money for this dissapointment! What a ripoff!
Granted, the color is great, and application is good if you use a basecoat...but only after an hour of wear it started chipping!!! I hardly had done anything in the meantime, basically rested my hands the whole time...
With a name like Chanel I would really expect a better quality polish! I have dirtcheap ones which NEVER chip!

on 10/29/2015 6:28:00 PM

Overpriced, overhyped, the color looks completely dated on the nail, plus there are about a million dupes out there for it.

It wasn't nearly as special as I thought it was going to be. And in some lighting it just looks black (a pet peeve of mine). I wouldn't buy this one again.

I've always loved this colour but never had the guts to splash out on such an expensive nail varnish. I always opted for lookalikes! However, last year I treated myself and I have to say I was less that impressed with the results.

The colour is stunning, perfect for when you want a near-black polish but don't have the guts to go full on. Aesthetically it's perfect, including the bottle.

The huge downside is the durability, though. It started chipping after a couple of hours, even after using a base and quality top coat and by the end of the first day of wear I'd lost 70% on both hands. It's such a shame and not what you'd expect from such a quality brand. I also found the brush too thin, which made application hard.

My advice would be to go for lookalike colours (there are loads about) and save the massive bashing your wallet will get. It really isn't worth it.

on 2/11/2013 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Looking for dupe? Flormar 323 is the answer. Chanel is sold for 50 lira where Flormar is sold for 2,50 lira in my country. I really don't think Rouge Noir deserves this price tag.

I really, really wanted to like this nailpolish. Thought about it ages before purchasing, then went for it. I admit the colour is great but I have NEVER had a nailpolish that has chipped this quickly with top coat and all. Seriously terrible, also application is really bad. Unbelievable that such an expensive product could be so rubbish.

on 12/19/2007 10:46:00 AM

Beautiful color, terrible quality, it chips and no good for persons that do not have a very steady hand applying it.
Very disappointed, not worth the money.

on 12/8/2007 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The good news: this colour is amazing. Looks good with everything, whether you are wearing red, pink, brown, black outfit. If you have an outfit and you don't know which colour polish will look good with it, this will be a safe bet. Strangely it looks 'neutral' and not 'in your face'. Always looks elegant, never cheap.
The bad news: it streaks. Realy, really, really bad. And if you don't trust my amateur application technique, believe every manicurist that I have taken it to. They have cursed me at the end of my manicure and looked with amazemed at the bottle, they can't believe that a Chanel polish would be such bad quality.
The polish is thick and is a nightmare to apply. To top it all off, I get chips the day after, which never ever happens with Essie or OPI.
As the previous reviewer said, 'wicked' by Essie is not an exact match, but it is very close and the quality is much much better. Save yourself some money and the trouble to apply this thick bad quality polish and go for Essie's wicked instead. It will also last you at least 3 days instead of 1. So no, I won't buy rouge noir or any other Chanel nail polish again!!!
If anybody knows an OPI dupe for this colour, please PM me, I think that the OPI nail polish quality is unparalleled to all other nail polishes.

on 9/9/2007 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The colour is good but this varnish looks cheap on. It chipped off the next day. Doesnt go on very well. Think you get more value from Bourjois nail varnish and the colour is better. Will never purchase chanel products ever again (apart from the perfume!). Bought a lipstick pencil from chanel total waste of money.

I was feeling indulgent so I splurged on this because the color was so damn sexy!

I really wasn't impressed. It stank worse than some of the cheapie drug store stuff I own and it was thick and gloppy to put on. It took forever to dry after 2 coats (even with my freezer trick).

The color is fabulous though - it's a deep burgundy-wine with no sparkles or frills in it. It's just rich and gorgeous. The bottle I have will last me a while so I won't need to repurchase. In the meantime, I've been totally turned off of Chanel's nail polish.
continued >>