Chanel Rouge Noir

4.7

on 12/23/2011 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my favourite dark polish along with Lincoln Park After Dark. While Lincoln Park After Dark has cool purple/blue undertones, this is a very dark burgundy/red. It's a really great classic colour and I think it would suit most skin tones.

Also, I'm a fan of the Chanel formula on this - it dries fairly quickly and lasts about 5 days on me.

on 9/24/2010 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Lovely colour. I at first thought this would be the biggest fad but after having applied this, i fell in love with the rich and glossy colour it left. My HG vamp colour.

on 9/16/2006 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

No matter how many similar shades of polish you have in your collection, rest assured there is nothing quite like Rouge Noir. Other colors, like Revlon's "Vixen," may approach the red-black hue, but only Chanel can load on this much shine. I slapped a couple of coats on my nails one Friday and spent the weekend getting distracted by bright flashes of light reflecting from my dark, decadent nails.

The high-gloss shine made my half-assed home manicure look luxe and professional. Can't say enough good things about the shine. I wish that held true for the smell and the drying time, but those two aspects of this lovely little product definitely leave a lot to be desired. I don't think I've ever used a nail polish that smelled quite so bad - but I'm willing to live with that for the shine!

The manicure (base coat, 2 coats polish & top coat on short nails) lasted three days - but I didn't expect longer. Polish this dark and shiny shows even the smallest chips, and flaws that would not have been noticable in a lighter-colored manicure were glaringly apparent with Rouge Noir.

Lastly, Chanel must have reformulated "Vamp" because the polish that currently goes by that name is a dull, uninspired mulberry number devoid of any real drama. "Rouge Noir" is the shade I remember from the mid-nineties that seemed to take the world by storm one fall. I'm glad I read these reviews and got the real deal before I mistakenly ordered Vamp.

Popular Polishes