Chanel Rouge Noir

Filtered by age: 25-29
Chanel Rouge Noir
CHANEL Rouge NoirRouge Noir

4.4

I own quite a few chanel make-up items, but didn't get one of their polishes yet. I splurged on this beautiful colour and did not regret it at all! It is a quality polish, and stayed extremely well on the nails. I got a bit of tipwear during the 3 days that I wore it. I don't mind that. Surprisingly the tipwear was only on my middle finger, and my thumbs stayed impeccable, usually my thumbs chip first! So yes, love it!

I've always loved this colour but never had the guts to splash out on such an expensive nail varnish. I always opted for lookalikes! However, last year I treated myself and I have to say I was less that impressed with the results.

The colour is stunning, perfect for when you want a near-black polish but don't have the guts to go full on. Aesthetically it's perfect, including the bottle.

The huge downside is the durability, though. It started chipping after a couple of hours, even after using a base and quality top coat and by the end of the first day of wear I'd lost 70% on both hands. It's such a shame and not what you'd expect from such a quality brand. I also found the brush too thin, which made application hard.

My advice would be to go for lookalike colours (there are loads about) and save the massive bashing your wallet will get. It really isn't worth it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

If you only own one Chanel nail polish, it needs to be Rouge Noir. It's such a deep, classically sexy color. It's a color that men have complimented me on and it's rare that I get a man's compliment on nail polish. The quality of the polish is outstanding. It's opaque in one coat but I use two to deepen the color. The application is even and the finish is a glossy shine. It wears well and I recommend using a base and top coat to prevent nail staining and to prolong wear time. If I had to wear one nail polish for the rest of my life it would be Chanel Rouge Noir. I highly recommend.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Wow, well, I have to say that just putting this on my toenails made me feel sexier (despite it being fall and so my toenails are almost always concealed). Let me start by saying that I did try to find a dupe for this but it's surprisingly hard. However, the formula convinced me that I made the right choice in going for the original. The formula is self-leveling, the consistency is good, and the shine is beyond belief. Seriously, you don't need a topcoat for shine (but as with reds/purples it will streak surfaces without one). The colour is blackish brown-based red so I won't be wearing this too often, but when I do, it'll be a sophisticated treat. Gave this a 4 for packaging bc of the floppy long brush and the brush handle could be longer. Will repurchase but hopefully not too quickly, it's too pricey!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

So chic: perfect colour payoff and good durability. I love all the tinted black Chanels as I also have Blue Satin and Vendetta.

on 3/22/2012 3:19:00 PM

This is my all-time favourite nail polish. Nothing is as good for depth of colour, texture, or durability. I wear this for days on end without touch-ups, it looks classy and it goes with absolutely everything. Other deep reds don't even come close.

This is the only Chanel polish I own - because there is no dupe for this one. (Trust me, I've looked.)

on 8/24/2010 9:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Rouge Noir is my all time fav nail color.
I am not really a "nail girl" and don't really do a lot with my nails. I'm lucky to have naturally "good" and strong nail, so most of of the time I just keep it not too short and bare.
But once a while I love to paint them dark and I find this vampy red color to be perfect.
With two coat you will get a dark red gorgeous color. One of the reason I love it, it's the same exact color as my my fav fruit, dark chery.
Its not overly shiny (I don't like shiny blingy nails) but it has enough dept to make it interesting. Its sexy but classy.
It does chipped after a day or so and doesn't last that long. For me its not really a big deal, weird but I actually like the worn out, dried blood looks =P
If I do want a more neat sophisticated looks, for a fancy dinner etc, I make sure i put it on the same day as the event. So i know at least it will stay perfect during that time.
I'm sure there are a lot of better nail polishes out there for a cheaper price. But I don't really feel like experimenting with nail polishes. For me this is good enough. And beside I'm already fallen in love with Rouge Noir.

To say i am a frequent chanel customer would be such an understatement!!! Chanel is all i buy when it comes to make up and skincare!
When i first saw Rouge Noir years ago i fell in love instantly, its such a perfect, sexy, classy dark red.
When doing my nails i ALWAYS use a base coat, two coats of colour and a high shine top coat. One thing i will say about Rouge Noir is the end result of the colour on nails is slightly darker than it looks in the bottle. With two thick coats the result is almost black, which isnt really what i want.As dark as possible but with a strong tint of wine red is how i want it. This is achievable if you apply the first coat quite thinly,then make the second coat thicker.
The packaging as always with chanel is classic and sophisticated, which suites my taste. Colourful packaging e.g Benefit always look like teenagers make up to me
Yes you could argue its on the expensive side, but if your going to buy chanel this is expected. The only downfalls of this product is i find it chips quite easily,and for some reason doesnt seem to hold the shine for long,even with top coat i find it somewhat mattes after a day or so. And i like my nails super shiny, so i end up re doing them.
I continue to buy this over and over again,its the original classic dark red. Timeless and sexy, looks better when my nails are short and squared off.

on 6/6/2010 7:23:00 PM

Love the colour. Got so many compliments when I wore it. Chips easily and requires a lot of coats. Love it anyway :p

on 3/5/2010 5:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This polish is my absolute all-time favourite polish. I rarely wear anything else on my nails, even during the summer, and it's now become my "thing". The compliments this polish garners from complete strangers is unbelievable - random strangers in the supermarket, other diners in restaurants etc. You do pay a premium because it's Chanel but it is a quality polish. After 2 coats the colour payoff is amazing and I find that it lasts around 7-10 days (as long as I wear rubber gloves whilst doing the housework!) with Sticky base and S.V top coat. 3 coats works well but it looks more black than I prefer. I wouldn't recommend 1 coat unless you have a flawless application - no matter how hard I try, it still looks streaky. Whilst it looks fine with longer nails, I've found it looks classier when my nails are shorter. Would I repurchase? Ha! I keep back ups for my back ups (I currently have 7 boxes in my fridge...and no food), and I pray to God that Chanel never discontinues this polish - I'd be lost without it!

Popular Polishes