Chanel Rouge Noir

CHANEL Rouge NoirRouge Noir

4.5

on 11/21/2014 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really love all the Chanel nail polishes, but in particular I'm crazy for this beautiful colour! So classy and sexy at the same time.. And very shiny!! It last for 6/7 days if you apply on your nails good top coat! Seriously, one of my favorite polishes of all the time!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Well, this really is the only option it you want that colour. I'm not too impressed with the quality of chanel polishes, but I'm pretty sure this wont be my last. I need three coats, and with top and basecoat (Essies 3-way-glaze and Good to go) it lasts 3-4 days without chipping. I don't really know what else to say...If you like the colour, just get this as it will be cheaper that trying all the dupes!

on 6/27/2011 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Most gorgeus and classic nail colour. I always find myself coming back to it <3

on 2/28/2011 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I was hoping Rouge Noir going to be the blackened red creme I've been searching for. I mean, it's called Rouge Noir right?

Should have called it Rouge Marron instead.

It's dark red in the bottle, but it's definitely got a distinct brown tinge to it. Doesn't work with my True Winter colouring at all. It doesn't look anything close to red once I get it onto my nail, just brown.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE this colour! Amazing coverage and wear. The most beautiful deep red. I have been re buying for years. Classic!

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I aboslutely adore this colour. Beautiful with pale skin and a colour that everyone from Audrey Hepburn to Kate Moss could wear, timeless yet highfashion I'd say.
Howeveeer, the stayingpower is not what it should be for this beautiful yet pricey nail polish, (yes I do use base and topcoat) and I have to say, sorry Chanel, but h&ms nailpolish does it better than yours.
In the end I still love it and will ignore the fact that I have to re-paint my nails every fourth day.

on 2/21/2010 1:47:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

What can I say, I love the color!
I was on a search for a blood red, and when I encountered rouge noir I knew it was the one. haha. Even my dad said it was nice, he usually doesn't notice these things.

The application was very smooth for me, although I would prefer a wider brush.

2 coats is all you need!

Swatches: http://milanandvanaily.blogspot.com/search/label/Chanel

on 10/23/2009 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Probably my favorite nail polish shade of all time. It makes my claws look so chic without being over the top. I think the deep vampy shade is universally flattering on short nails. The color is completely matte (love!). I lost my first bottle and just managed to repurchase this on ebay... I'm so glad I did! I just wish it was more available here in the States so I can share the love with my girl friends for Christmas. This is a staple in my humble collection and probably the most used, as well.

The first coat usually comes out streaky and uneven. The brush is on the thin side. Mistakes are forgivable when applying the first coat, as the 2nd coat will smooth everything out and make the color much more opaque. I usually apply around 2-3 coats of this, and use a top coat (SV). I took a lippie off however, for the high price and the fact that sometimes I get tiny bubbles when applying. The tricky application is worth going through for this gorgeous, classic shade!

on 3/16/2009 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this colour but I found that Chanel nail polishes do not last as long as I'd like. Usually mine chip in a day (I don't use base but I use top coat) and the consistency isn't my favorite for nail poslishes. Lovely deep red though with 2-3 coats it's almost black.

This is a very, very dark red. It looks dark brown in certain lighting, but really, it's a blackened red that kind of reminds me of dried blood. Application was a little tricky; the first coat came out streaky and uneven...my nails looked horrible after the first coat. It improved a lot after I applied the second coat but to achieve a nice, even colour, you probably need some serious concentration/semi-steady hands.

I wore this over Witchcraft Nail Hardener, OPI Ridge Filler and Creative Stickey Base Coat (my usual three before colour) and I put on a coat of Sally Hansen Double Duty top coat before finally finishing it off with Creative Super Shiney top coat. It's a lot of coats, I know, but the first three coats take less than 5 minutes and the SH dries pretty fast.

I only wore this colour for 5 days, but after 5 days there were no chips at all...only minor tip wear. I did apply another thin coat of Super Shiney on the fourth day, so that could've helped. If you read the reviews for the SH Double Duty though, you will notice that many people's polish did not chip for a long time. The only downside is that it's not a very shiny top coat, that's why I wear it under Super Shiney.

It did "bleed" a little though even after I let it sit for an hour. It wasn't completely dry, I guess, so it turned my SH brush pink. Now the top coat is ever so slightly tinted pink...but not very noticeable at all. This, together with the application, were the reasons why I took off one lippie.

Other than that, it dried to a very high shine, was super even (although streaky, it wasn't goopy) and just looked great on my nails...I got lots of compliments!

Popular Polishes