Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish - #502A - Dark Pink Frost

Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish - #502A - Dark Pink Frost

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

I am a huge fan of these Silk Finish lipsticks by Wet N Wild - I have multiple shades! They smooth on easy and just feel good on my lips. Can't beat the price either! My Grandma was a big fan of red and went through multiple tubes.

Just tried this today, based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews. I, however, am underwhelmed. This gave me an insipid wash of multi-tonal shimmer, and left my lips with a burning rash after one use!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Probably one the best beauty buys every. It cost 1-2 dollars and wears absolutely awesome. I hardly reapply during the day. Give a pretty pink gold sheen. Wore it to a wedding recently stayed several hours throughout the night, not flaky or dry , and it kept my lips moisturized.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a pretty and unique color. A mid-toned mauvey pink base color that is close to MLBB (a bit cooler) with a golden shimmery overlay.

The combination of mauvey pink and golden frost is unique in my collection. Because the frost is gold, I can get away with it (I'm pale yellow/olive and silver frost is bad), and the nearly MLBB base actually makes this totally wearable on a daily basis.

It goes on smoothly, doesn't seem to emphasize flakes, or do major gathering in creases. Wears nicely, good adhesion and isn't too slippery for a Silk Finish lipstick, but won't survive food.

on 12/29/2016 12:58:00 AM

This is WnW 'Breeze' pink sister. Both of these are 99 cent dupes for Mac Eden Rock, High Tea, angel and on and on. I think when I read this is too frosty it's because people are laying down too much product. Try 2 swipes for a healthy Tom Ford Metallic glow. I love this color.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to love this one. The lip swatches look so good online. But I bought this twice and both times it looked nothing like that on me even though every other swatch looked the same on me. This doesn't have any kind of pink to it when applied...it is straight up gold frost. It is too greasy and slippery to have any good pigmentation so it looks like your lips plus gold frost and honestly it makes me look sickly. I love the gold shimmer and on top of the smokey pink would have looked great....too bad this shade doesn't have the same pigmentation as Cashmere from the same line. It might look good as a lipstick topper but this shade is so greasy I think it would be too messy so I won't be using this.

on 6/30/2016 5:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A pretty coral peachy pink very frosty but that's what makes it pretty. It is like Mac bombshell but better more thicker applies smoother and shows up without having to put10 coats

This lipstick is possibly the one thing I cannot live without. Mascaras come and go, blush fades, and hairspray fails, but THIS LIPSTICK is forever. Well, maybe not forever, I mean it's not suuuuper long lasting, but in my heart, forever for sure! If this is ever discontinued, I will mourn its passing until I pass, and I'm not even kidding.

Let me illustrate the many ways I love WnW Dark Pink Frost:
First - the color. It's the perfect blend of a gorgeous cool toned pink, neither bright and bold nor pale and washed out, just the exact color I wish my lips actually were, with a subtle hint of gold shimmer to keep it from looking too cool. I've been wearing this for about 10 years, and I will say that when the packaging was most recently revamped I think they also added in a bit more multi-tonal shimmer, which I like. It's barely noticeable. This color goes with anything - no-makeup makeup, smoky eyes, winged liner, it's just enough color to bring my lips to life without making them the center of attention.
Second - the formula. It's creamy, silky, and relatively long lasting. I tend to reapply more often than I probably need to, because I like the way it feels so much. I do notice though, that if I don't use something hydrating on my lips underneath (Lip Medex is my go-to) they do dry out in the winter as this is not hydrating enough on its own. Also - it does sometimes leave behind a bit of a pink stain, but I don't mind that, considering I wear this pretty much 99% of the time. And it is gone when I wash my face and remove makeup later anyway, so really it's a non-issue.
Last - the price. At full price it is 99c in CVS and Walgreens where I live. I often get this when it's on sale buy one get one 1/2 off, so I rarely pay full price. And seriously, for what is my favorite makeup product ever, 99c is so great I sometimes can't believe it! I hope WnW makes this color forever and ever, because that's how long I'll be wearing it.

on 12/13/2015 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This has a really nice creamy formula. Frosty pinks usually make me look quite washed out, but this one didn't. Really can't beat the price.

on 11/25/2015 10:11:00 AM

Under a buck at the drugstore, the very literally named Dark Pink Frost is definitely worth checking out. On me it's a deep shimmery rose, incredibly flattering and pretty in a soft way. It's creamy and almost opaque. I like to blend it into my lips well with a finger - with this application your lips look just-bitten, plush, and illuminated. It's not too garish if you blend it out. Wears well too. It sinks in, so if your lips start to feel naked and dry, apply some balm and it's all good.

This color may look and feel dated to you, but sheered/blended out it looks almost identical to the NARS Rikugien pencil on my lips...without the price tag and annoying sharpening. Wear it when you'll be out in the sun, your lips will catch the light ;)