Hanae Mori Butterfly EDT

Hanae Mori Butterfly EDT

4.1

I tried Hanae Mori Edp and Edt years ago and hate it. I thought it was heavy and sweet in a way similar to Angel by Thierry Mugler. Flash forward to the end of 2015, I had the opportunity to try the Edt again and upon first spritz it was love. Surprise and love! Either my body chemistry has altered, my taste in fragrance, both, or my nose is picking up on things it previously couldn't, but now all I smell is this clean, warm, light, creamy sweetness. I definitely smell the berries mixing with the almond, the jasmine, and the sandalwood and cedar. It melds together to produce a vanilla scent. Not pure vanilla, but definitely in that vein if that makes sense. If you spritzed this on without the notes in front of you, you'd probably think there was vanilla in there. I love it. It's so rare for a sweet smelling perfume to also smell clean. This is light and bright and lifts me up. I don't know why I thought this was so heavy and sweet like Angel. It's so light on me and airy. Creamy and warm. I wish I could explain it better, but it's just a delicious yet soft perfume. I liked the Edt a bit more than the Edp but both are really nice. I love the bottle. Very chic and simplistic. It's a clear glass rectangle with softened edges, white down either side panel and white on the folded butterfly wings that comprise the cap. And Hanae Mori in delicate gold lettering on the front. A beautiful addition to any fragrance collection.

on 1/16/2016 1:25:00 AM

Love this scent. It's creamy, sweet, but not overly sweet, and a great comfort scent. Got it for a great price too.

To Read all 302 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Vanilla burning but not burnt. A lit candle in a fragrance, sweet can be girly, can be homey and cozy, could read elegant if the occasion called for it, but never truly austere or stately. A perfume for any occasion for a woman just wanting to be in her own bubble of warmth. This does not read sweet to me as in sugar or even in a grown up gourmand (like La Vie Est Belle) it is a cloud of scented candles with sweet warm and even some kind of spice notes that wear close to the skin. Oddly there is a strawberry note, but it is more like a strawberry impression, it does not smell fruity to me, on me in the slightest nor berry-like nor again, sugar sweet, any of the qualities a strawberry note or essence may bring to a fragrance normally.

I would recommend and repurchase for a flight of fancy from my woodsy spicy loves and my dark rose and wood fragrances and sensuous fig ones I so typically and will always go for on default. This is unique for something that may seem on the surface so generic and crowd-pleasing and common place in type. Not immature at all too me like a Pink Sugar or even a Flowerbomb or most of the fragrances from Bath and Body Works or even Juicy Couture.

on 8/4/2015 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have to say that I agree 100% with the reviewer, Cyncerity, below me. It's playful yet sophisticated, it's innocent but alluring. This scent is so sweet and comforting but not sickly sweet, cloying, or childish like some perfumes tend to be. It's a very feminine scent that's creamy and smooth. Light enough to wear as an everyday fragrance but still noticeable. Also it lasts quite awhile as I was still getting whiffs of it 12 hours later. It smells like strawberry shortcake to me, and I think the pink butterflies on the box are perfect because that's how I feel when I wear this, light, free, and girly. I haven't gravitated to sweet scents as of lately, and this was a blind buy, but I'm so glad I got this.

on 6/11/2015 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Will always have a special place in my heart even if I outgrow it. When I first smelled it from the bottle, it reminded me of my childhood because it was so sweet, like Asian soft drinks/candy. It's quite harsh upon initial spray, but on the skin, it blooms into something so feminine, romantic, sensual, warm, comforting, and dreamy. To me, it's creamy strawberries, vanilla, and a bit of mixed florals and woods. Itís sweet and innocent, yet complex, unique, beautiful and alluring. Despite its sweetness, I feel like you could wear it at any age. At the very end it smells like a fluffy marshmallow vanilla cookie. I prefer the EDT to EDP because EDT is airy and pretty with way better sillage. EDP is too closed, syrupy sweet, and reminds me of a cute thing rather than a lady. Lasts 12+ hours on me.

Not a perfume I usually gravitate towards. I tend to avoid sweet powdery vanilla fragrances. This one is different. It's warm and creamy. When someone hugs you while wearing this, it'll leave the faintest most haunting scent on you. I always get asked what I'm wearing when I wear this.

The vanilla that people detect is actually almond. There is no vanilla in this scent.

on 10/27/2014 3:50:00 AM

while the bottle is beautiful the fragrance is not. I find it to be just plain strange. A blend of things that don't blend. It smells overly sweet with a weird chemical aftertaste

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been interested in this perfume for nearly 10 years now (you read that right), and even though I'm a serial perfume hoarder it was only a few months ago that I finally decided to purchase this. Oh how I wish I'd done it sooner! I've never enjoyed gourmand scents or anything with more than a trace of vanilla, which is why it took me so long to buy this. But Butterfly is exactly what I needed in my collection. It's creamy vanilla and berries but doesn't smell foody at all to my nose. It's sweet, innocent and sexy all at the same time. The lasting power is incredible (I can still detect it on my clothes days after) and the drydown smells just like the initial spray. I know I'll be getting a lot of use out of this during the fall and winter months.

on 7/12/2014 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Flagrantly artifical fruit mixed with slightly powdery vanilla and woods. Super sweet and jejune. Not a fan of this at all-- sorry folks!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This fragrance leans sweet on some, but on me it smeels just like roses and vanilla. Not what I was looking for. Luckily I had a sample to try this out. I will not purchase.

Popular Fragrances