Urban Decay Hotpants Lip Gunk

No Image

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/10/2008 2:26:00 PM

I was scared to try this, since frosty pinkish-purple colors look awful on me. But I was pleasantly surprised when I had it on. Instead of looking metallic-y it simply left a nice wearably pinkish tint on my lips with a bit of shimmer. The smell is yummy, and I like the consistency of the gloss. I don't find it overly sticky.

I wanted to love this color, because it smells so awesome! But next to my PPP complexion, the color was too fuschia. Plus, it leaked all over my handbag. Well...at least my bag smells nice now.

on 10/19/2006 9:52:00 PM

I have to admit that I have more or less, sentimental values attached to this shade. It was my first real lipgloss ever, and I loved the Fruit Loops-esque smell. The color was a perfect mid-pink on my lips, and the texture was just sticky enough to stay for a while. Since then, I've moved on to other shades and brands, but once in a while, I come back to this. :) My only peeve is that the tube isn't too durable -- my first tube cracked pretty badly.

on 5/22/2006 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Hotpants is a medium purpley pink that goes on very thick. It has a nice (at least on my opinion) tangerine smell and a wand applicator. The stickiness factor sort of bothers me. On a windy day, this is not the gloss to wear. The color goes well with my yellow undertones (MAC's C40), green eyes and black hair, and it carries itself alone or over l/s. The tube is very thin, yet there is enough product distribution. This is a good neutral pink for tan and darker skins.

When i bought hotpants, i thought that it was going to be lke the highlighter - which i loved. I don't appriciate the blue based - close to purple - pink shade. It does nothing for me at all. I think the scent is supposed to be tangerine. Thats okay. I don't mind the smell because some are quite strong.That was about all i liked about it!

on 7/17/2005 9:40:00 PM

This was an extra in a swap and I'm very glad it was included. The gloss is somewhat thick and sticky, more so than Revlon's Super Lustrous glosses but less so than MAC's Lipglasses (both of which I also love). I feel that gunks are more like liquid lipsticks than glosses, at least on my pale lips. This particular shade is a medium bright-ish (but still wearable) cool pink. It looks great on me with either bare-faced look (though it is too cool, IMO,to look like a 'natural' lip color) or when I'm wearing more makeup too. I love versatile products and I think that I will get a lot of wear out of this. Another yummy plus -it smells like Fruity Pebbles breakfast cereal to me, which happens to be a personal favorite. Mmm. I would recommend this gloss. I am a medium-to-dark brunette with hazel eyes and a medium neutral skin tone.

on 4/16/2005 6:29:00 PM

Just not my style. The color didn't really work for me; it looked more purple than pink on my super fair skin. It did have a yummy scent though, it reminded me of jellybeans. The gloss also wore really well, it was really shiny and made my lips look plump. I liked the gloss enough that I'm returning hot pants and trying again with another shade.

I think I might be addicted to Hotpants lip gunk. I can almost always be found carrying the full size in my purse *and* the mini in my pocket. This is the most perfect cool-toned pink, and the scent and taste are wonderful. I'm not usually into scented/flavored lip products, but this tangerine is so gooood! I have to try very hard not to eat it off my lips. I pray that UD never ever ever discontinues this color!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this! A goregous medium pink shade with shimmer. Yummy tangerine flavor. Lasts pretty well on me. Will definitely repurchase if I ever run out!

This is a nice gloss. Nice consistency and staying power with a fruity-tangerine smell. The color is too wild for me though. I'm not into fuschia lip color and wouldn't wear this everyday.