Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick

3.9

RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CANDELILLA CERA/ EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX/CIRE DE CANDELILLA, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, VP/HEXADECENE COPOLYMER, MYRISTYL LACTATE, LANOLIN, OZOKERITE, CASTOR OIL/IPDI COPOLYMER, MYRISTYL MYRISTATE, MEADOWFOAM ESTOLIDE, PARFUM/ FRAGRANCE, SILICA, BENZYL BENZOATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, TOCOPHEROL, PROPYLPARABEN, LINALOOL, EUGENOL, TIN OXIDE, BENZYL CINNAMATE, CINNAMYL ALCOHOL, CERA CARNAUBA/ COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, AQUA/ WATER/EAU. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/ /-: MICA, FD&C YELLOW NO. 6 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 15985), D&C RED NO. 7 CALCIUM LAKE (CI 15850), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), D&C RED NO. 6 BARIUM LAKE (CI 15850), D&C RED NO. 27 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 45410), FD&C YELLOW NO. 5 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 19140), D&C RED NO. 33 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 17200), FD&C BLUE NO. 1 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 42090), CARMINE (CI 75470)].

I have this in Bordeaux and I love it! Super pigmented and smooth. Dries out during the day, like any other lipstick would, but nothing a little lip balm won't fix. Definitely one of my favourite lipsticks, right next to the Marc Jacobs, and Mac ones. Would buy more colours when I get a chance!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have used many of these for quite a few years now. Color selection is good, it feels nice on, and stays put very well. The price is nice too, is an inexpensive drug store brand. I tend to like the regular lasting finish colors better than the Kate colors they have now. The Kate colors are bolder and brighter. I tend to like a less dramatic looking lipstick, though they do have some very bold colors to choose from. One thing I liked about this brand is there is no blue tone to many of the reds. The reds came out looking exactly like what was in the tube on my lips. A great product for the price!

To Read all 38 Reviews, Login or Join

Absolutely LOVE these lipsticks!

PACKAGING: Pretty sturdy, almost black tube with a sliver ring around it and the Rimmel crown logo on the top. Chic, sleek, and works well.

FORMULA: Yeeeesssssss pleeeassse! So happy with the formula, it's creamy, but not too creamy, hugs the lips, smooth, moisturizing, and long lasting. The finish is slightly glossy and gorgeous as well. Rimmel blew it out of the water with this formulation.

LONGEVITY: These last about 5 hours in perfect condition. After those hours, it begins to fade, but they're is still noticeable color. The slightly glossy finish lasts for those 5 hours as well. Happy with the wear time.

COLOR: I have the shades Airy Fairy and Kiss. Both have a medium, buildable coverage. In 2-3 swipes they are completely opaque. Airy Fairy is a pinky nude with a hint of mauve and Kiss is a medium pink with a red tint in there and purple and silver shimmer washing through it. Such unique colors that are still wearable for everyday.

SCENT: Yum! Pleasantly surprised with the scent of these. They smell like a combination of Red Hot candies, maraschino cherries, and vanilla sugar cookies. They don't have a taste and they're not too strong or overpowering.

Overall, definitely one of my favorite lipsticks. Give these a try!

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipsticks are of excellent quality and a good value, although not quite as inexpensive as they once were. I have "Kasbah" (pink/peach beige), "Nostalgia" (a shell pink), "Drop of Sherry" (discontinued), "Just So" (gorgeous mauve pink) and now the Kate Moss lipstick "05". My newest shade does not disappoint. Rimmel's color selections are never very easy to describe they're just different than what's available from other drugstore cosmetic brands, which makes it a real shame that retailers only stock a small subset if anything at all from Rimmel's Lasting Finish line. Rimmel Lasting Finish 05 is a strawberry pink, medium rich but too red to resemble a hot pink and not purple enough to appear fuchsia. If you've tried Rimmel's Moisture Renew lipsticks in the purple tubes and aren't impressed with the staying power, Lasting Finish is the answer. It isn't too drying, wears well for a drugstore brand, and the colors are not duplicated by every other brand in the cosmetics isle. These lipsticks are advertised to last 8 hours, which I suppose they can without eating or drinking, but expect to reapply every 4-5 hours.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I sort of have mixed feelings about this lipstick but I would buy it again because the things I don't like are pretty easy to overlook or fix. (By the way I have the color Airy Fairy)
CONS:
*the smell isn't the greatest. I would prefer it to have a typical lipstick smell or to be non scented but it has a very strong, kinda strange floral smell. Almost moth ball like? I know that sounds awful lol I usually end up putting some sort of gloss over top of it that has a nicer scent to cover it. Otherwise I can't deal with it.
*Rimmel lipstick's seemed to have gone up in price. Atleast where I live in FL. Mine was a little over 7 dollars which I think it kind of expensive for a drugstore lipstick. It's a lot more than some of the other drugstore lipsticks that I have. When I run out I will substitute for something cheaper till I feel like buying this one again.

PROS:
*The color I chose (Airy Fairy) is PERFECT for my skin tone. I'm quite tan/dark. I have a hard time finding pink lipsticks that don't wash me out or clash with my skin tone. This is one of the few that really does look perfect on me.
*Packaging is simple and sleek. Great for handbag carrying or to put in your makeup bag.
*Texture is very nice. Quite creamy and easy to apply but stays put throughout the day.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in 180 Jet Set Red and I love it!

formula: very rich and creamy, not too drying but not exactly moisturizing, best worn with a balm underneath. Without liner, lasts about 3 or 4 hours, with liner about 5 or 6, which I think is pretty good for drugstore, not amazing. Does need a touch up after eating or drinking. There is a scent but I never have a problem with scents; it's pleasant, kind of a sweet fruity scent, though some might be bothered. It does dry me out a bit after a few hours.

colour: this is really pigmented! one swipe was pretty much opaque on my lips. The colour is, I find, a pretty true red, though may lean warm on some others, I think. It's a really beautiful red lip and works really well on my fair, fair skin.

packaging: not the greatest, not the worst. It's a shiny dark tube with the same colour lid, no clear plastic window through which you can see the bullet. Doesn't come sealed so always pop the lid off and check it before you buy. I've had no problems with the lid coming off on me or anything, so that's good!

price: pretty good! I picked this up for about 6 or 7 dollars in Canada, and to me that's a win because everything seems to go for more here than it does anywhere else. definitely worth it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

They're okay. I have two. The colours I have are absolutely wonderful. However, there are some issues.
The main issue is that these lipsticks are extremely drying & no matter how much lip balm I wear under & over these lipsticks, my lips are dry like crazy. Plus, despite the fact that both of the colours I have are quite dark (a mauve & a dark blue-based red), in the light & with flash photography, they both look bright pink. It's really really weird. Inside, they are true to colour. But outside, they're just .. pink. And I hate pink lipstick =/
On the upside, they do have a faint vanilla scent which I like, & they're some of the cheapest lipsticks you can find in Australia.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this lipstick in Jet Set Red because I was looking for something similar to Estee Lauder's Nectarine lipstick, and Jet Set Red was very close to that shade - not to mention a LOT cheaper! It also complemented my warm skin tone very well since it is like a coral-red. It lasts for about 3-4 hours on average, though you could make it last a bit longer with the usual techniques to do so. As mentioned in another review, this lipstick is a bit drying, so you may wish to use a balm underneath. Overall, a good colour and product!

I went to walmart looking for a true red lipstick and my mom had a Rimmel coupon so I decided to get this in jet set red. This product was horrible. I deseches it on my wrist and it came out nicely but the next day I tried it out and the color came out very orange. I decided to keep it on and in an I drank some water from a bottle and when I looked in the mirror all of the lipstick had rubbed off. I will definitely be returning this.

I bought this lipstick in Jet set red because I wanted a versatile red to use for pin up looks but I found that the red tends to look dead on my cool pale complexion unless I wear a beige or yellow tinted foundation. Overall, the lipstick itself stays on well for about three hours and it is drying so it is necessairy to put a lip balm on first.This product would look much better on someone with more of a warm skin tone.