Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater Hand Therapy

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater Hand Therapy

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Thank goodness I got this as a gift. Not moisturizing and smells AWFUL! Absorbs quickly but the nasty smell lingers. At the retail price, NOT worth it! I do like the toothpaste like packaging though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was my first "big girl" cosmetic product. I remember going into the Crabtree & Evelyn shop and buying this with a little bit of reluctance. I think I spent 10$ on the small one and right after I walked out, I felt so guilty. I'm young, so money is a treasure! After a while, I got over it and realized that it was a pretty good product.

I thought that this was an amazing hand lotion. It's really nice and moisturizing, and my hands are very dry. It's a little slippery at first (I gave some to my classmate who sits beside me LOL and he said he couldn't hold his pencil well) but it goes into your skin and you get baby soft hands! It's amazing.

Maybe it's because of my age but I thought that sometimes the rose scent smelled slightly like funerals? Idk, there's something about the smell of roses/flowers that just always smelled so old/funeral-y to me. It's probably because I'm very young. My mom loved the scent of it, and I know my friend's mom did as well.

Overall, the product was really good. But I had one problem - THE PACKAGING!

I was totally pleased with the product but being very busy with school, it was just tossed in my backpack and when I had nothing to do or my hands were so dry they hurt, I took the effort to grab it and put some on. One day, I opened the pocket I tossed it in and I could smell some kind of flowery/rosey scent and I wondered if it was my lotion.

I dug out all the things and saw that there was lotion all over my backpack and things! Lotion got on my calculator and it was just everywhere. It wasn't hard to clean up but it was sort of troublesome. My backpack wasn't expensive or anything, but I could imagine older women having the same experience with more expensive bags like Coach or Juicy - and that's clearly a problem.

I realized there was a HOLE on the packaging. I thought that was the oddest thing ever, but maybe I lugged it around too much.

Overall, it's a good product, but if you're someone like me who would just toss it in, it's not worth to buy. Maybe moving it to a better/sturdier packaging would be a good idea. I had to throw the tube away and I still had about half of it. It felt like such a waste.

on 11/10/2009 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i always like the package of C&E rosewater. It smells great but compare to Loccitane shea butter, it is not moisture enough. but i love the package anyways, i will keep buying it.

on 11/28/2008 4:08:00 PM

Great hand cream that really moisturizes my easily-dried out hands and I love the thick white cream texture.
However the scent is too strong for me, as with the La Source one.
This one smells like roses which is nice, but feels a little old-fashioned so I only use this during night-time.
I selected "no" to whether or not I will buy this product again because I'm going to try to find something with a more mild scent or unscented.

on 5/10/2004 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The hand therapy from C&E is great. But I can't really stand the smell of this one. At first, it was great rose smell, but after a while, it's a little sickening. . But still great hand cream!

Popular Lotions / Creams