Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater Hand Therapy

4.2

on 7/15/2008 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smells great,
but not moisturizing enough, very light cream.

on 2/8/2010 9:34:00 AM

I like the smell and package, and how silky it feels. But its not really moisturizing enough for my hands...

on 10/29/2008 5:32:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using the C&E Hand Therapy creams off and on for quite some time now, and I think for the price and quality it is a good hand cream. It soaks in well, not greasy, but not overly moisturising. Good for during the day when you need just a softening effect rather than a good super moisture fix (ie: overnight sort of deep treatment). I will repurchase in another scent probably, as the rose is too strong for my liking, and when I do it will be in the large-size canister with the pump, because I personally find the metal tube a p-i-t-a. Maybe in the Gardeners Therapy too.

UPDATE 11/11/2008: I changed my mind- won't be repurchasing in any scent. They are all too strong and need to be reapplies too often. I'm going back to my old favourite, L'Occitane. Money well spent imho.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

nice hand cream...makes my hands nice and soft and makes them smell pretty like pretty soft roses...so happy to have this nice cream...

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

My hands love this stuff and the fragrance is divine, I carry it with me everywhere so I have it when I need it.

on 7/11/2015 1:03:00 PM

Another exquisite, beautifully fragranced offering from Crabtree and Evelyn. Non-greasy, smells divine and absorbs quickly - as an added benefit, massage it gently to your pulse points; rose provides natural anti-depressant, mood lifting qualities.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was my first "big girl" cosmetic product. I remember going into the Crabtree & Evelyn shop and buying this with a little bit of reluctance. I think I spent 10$ on the small one and right after I walked out, I felt so guilty. I'm young, so money is a treasure! After a while, I got over it and realized that it was a pretty good product.

I thought that this was an amazing hand lotion. It's really nice and moisturizing, and my hands are very dry. It's a little slippery at first (I gave some to my classmate who sits beside me LOL and he said he couldn't hold his pencil well) but it goes into your skin and you get baby soft hands! It's amazing.

Maybe it's because of my age but I thought that sometimes the rose scent smelled slightly like funerals? Idk, there's something about the smell of roses/flowers that just always smelled so old/funeral-y to me. It's probably because I'm very young. My mom loved the scent of it, and I know my friend's mom did as well.

Overall, the product was really good. But I had one problem - THE PACKAGING!

I was totally pleased with the product but being very busy with school, it was just tossed in my backpack and when I had nothing to do or my hands were so dry they hurt, I took the effort to grab it and put some on. One day, I opened the pocket I tossed it in and I could smell some kind of flowery/rosey scent and I wondered if it was my lotion.

I dug out all the things and saw that there was lotion all over my backpack and things! Lotion got on my calculator and it was just everywhere. It wasn't hard to clean up but it was sort of troublesome. My backpack wasn't expensive or anything, but I could imagine older women having the same experience with more expensive bags like Coach or Juicy - and that's clearly a problem.

I realized there was a HOLE on the packaging. I thought that was the oddest thing ever, but maybe I lugged it around too much.

Overall, it's a good product, but if you're someone like me who would just toss it in, it's not worth to buy. Maybe moving it to a better/sturdier packaging would be a good idea. I had to throw the tube away and I still had about half of it. It felt like such a waste.

on 9/14/2010 4:34:00 PM

The smell is good. It has very soft lotion which can be absorbed by skin very quickly.

It does not moisturizing enough though. I also do not like the tube package. It is so hard to squeeze when quantity is low.

on 3/2/2010 5:42:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I actually like the scent of this, but I thought this was a bit too expensive(it was around 14euros). It makes my hands moisturized for a while, but after about an hour I need to reaply... If I aply this in school or in my workdesk all the dirt sticks to my hands too. I don't know, the stuff I usually use(Nivea or OLIV) don't do that so I was really suprised first
I wouldn't repurchase because this product isn't moisturizing enough for me

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Moisturizing power is really good but I took off 2 lippies because of the smell. I am a fan of rose scent but I don't know why this doesn't smell right for me. The best thing is that it's really non greasy, which is good for ppl that sweats on palms like me. The other lippie I took off is for the stupid packaging, which happened on my other tube. The metal tube cracked and the cap was hard to screw back!

Popular Lotions / Creams