Maybelline New York Ultimate Wear Nailpolish

No Image

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/18/2008 8:27:00 PM

I got this color a long time ago in Sun Drops. Im halfway done with this bottle. I dont use sparkley colors often, but this is nice when you want to add a smooth shimmer to your nail color. Great for summer time.

The color goes on smoothly, the brush is wide.. Good product. I just hope that this color wasnt discontinued, or else I'll have to look for another sparkley color.

on 8/30/2006 8:28:00 PM

This review is for "Hot Hot Hot", a beautiful bright red color. Love the color, hate the formula. Although it applied pretty smoothly, no bubbles or streaks, and it dried quickly, it began chipping hours later! I applied 2 coats this morning, and by afternoon there were several chipped spots, especially at the tips. This is very disappointing, because aside from the lovely color, the reason I bought this nail polish was the "Ultimate Wear" claim that it "won't chip for 7 days". Hmmm. I'm looking at the bottle again, and after that claim it has an asterisk and a disclaimer. I guess you always have to read the fine print. Even so, any decent polish should go at least 24 hours without chipping!

on 10/10/2005 10:02:00 AM

I have this in Silver Plum, which I consider kind of a medium frosty taupe shade. If you prep your nails well and use a good quality base coat and top coat, this polish will wear very well. This shade is good too because it is very lovely, but even after 4 or 5 days when it will start to chip and show wear a little, it is not that unsightly. I have bought Maybelline polishes before and would definitely buy them again. You definitely can't beat this for the price.

on 11/17/2004 1:22:00 PM

I have this nail polish in go currant (a beautiful burgandy), and it's one of my favorites. It does last a good 5-7 days.

on 8/10/2004 12:09:00 PM

Goes on very smooth and easy. So far is lasting pretty good.

on 11/16/2003 1:23:00 AM

It really does last longer than 7 days! Color selection very limited and matt looking.

on 11/6/2003 1:32:00 PM

A great nail polish, goes on very smooth and evenly! I've only tried the red but will defintely give other colours a try. It's an average price for a drugstore polish and lasts long enough!

on 7/11/2003 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought the Gloss Base & Top coat in this formula and have not been that impressed. As a top coat it's decent in that it did help resist chipping but it also really matted/dulled down the colour underneath. Maybe just got a bad bottle but after a few uses it got very clumpy and hard. It's cheap, but think i can do better then this.

I have this in crystal clear- it's the best clear polish I've ever purchased. I only put on one coat and the finish is perfect and shiny. It also dries really quickly with only one coat- I'm typing all of this with no worries and I painted my nails less than five minutes ago. It lasts longer than my other polishes, but around the fourth day all these little cracks start developing all across my nails. It doesn't chip off, though, even when it's totally cracked.

on 5/7/2003 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like Maybelline's Express Finish Better (who doesn't want quickly dried nails?), but I do buy these if they're on sale. I enjoy the colors and durability.

Popular Polishes