La Maison de la Vanille Vanille Noire du Mexique

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
No Image

4.4

on 8/30/2015 2:47:00 AM

Vanille Noire du Mexique is a cottony, powdery vanilla that dries down sweet like the other La Maison del la Vanille scents. There's something very enveloping and comforting about it, like putting on a cozy sweater. If you like Burberry Brit, you will love this because there's something very similar about the 2, but La Maison de la Vanille does not test their products on animals and Burberry does, so I switched to the La Maison brand because I could wear this one with a clear conscience. Their scents are superior in terms of quality as well as ethics than most department store brands anyway!

on 12/27/2008 12:17:00 PM

I agree that this smells a bit like a light version of Shalimar, which isn't a bad thing--no funky leather or mysterious balsams to challenge you, just the powdery-sweet bits. Perfume should sometimes be easy and comfortable. I also agree with the review at 1000scents that the opening is reminiscent of Tocade--sweet rose-vanilla brightened by bergamot. Powder-haters be warned, but otherwise, this is easy to love. Not too sweet, just hints at foodiness, perhaps a bit more strongly than the vanillic Guerlains, but still grown-up enough for me to wear unhesitatingly.

on 9/22/2008 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

One of the finest vanillas i have smelt so far. This is refined and not musky. Delicately sweet and spicy without being cloying. It is a better version of Allysa Ashley's Vanilla. One of the fewest vanillas that doesn't give me a headache. It is yummy without being too foody. I prefer this to Lavanila's Pure Vanilla which is a floral vanilla to my nose.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I got this fragrance from Sephora and it has turned into one of my favorites! Definite vanilla, with a bit of a chocolate musk. It's warm and sensual, slightly sweet but not sickenly so. Stays on for hours and doesn't give me that 'perfume headache. Light enough for day use and sexy enough for evening use. Pretty cheap for 10 bucks a bottle. Will repurchase!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is utterly gourmand, sweet, velvety, and rich. The vanilla in this is a bit more buttery (more "french vanilla") than many. It does not smell like you spritzed on vanilla extract. The base notes are rich and chocolatey. It smells like a decadent dessert, and keeps on going strong, with only a little fading. The scent stays true, perhaps getting a bit more coffee-like as time progresses. Major gripe: the silver enamel on the bottles peels and chips and leaves glitter on your hands.

on 9/21/2006 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am not a fragrance expert by any means, but I love this stuff soooo much, that I had to review it. I took samples of all the La Maison de la Vanille fragrances and this seemed the most vanilla like to me. The others were either too spicey or too floral scented. This one is categorized as being a 'Soft Oriental' fragrance by Sephora. This is my everyday fragrance because it is not overbearing, but strong enough to last practically ALL day! Plus, I got several compliments while wearing this one & not the others. I am obsessed w/ vanilla scents & this by far is my absolute favorite!Definitely a HG fragrance. I use B&BW Warm Vanilla body lotion & body splash before applying this & the combo is perfectly vanilla!

This my HG vanilla fragrance. I bought this based on the reviews on this board, and just love it. The price is awesome(about $35 for 3.4 ounces). I would definately buy this again!

on 8/8/2005 6:51:00 AM

This is an absolutely gorgeous, sofisticated vanilla, my favourite of the LMdV line (followed by Sauvage de Madagascar). It's a powdery vanilla scent that has just enough spice and a smokey kick to keep it from being too sweet. I do wish it was an EDP instead of EDT with more lasting power, but this lasts several hours on me. Of course it will evaporate faster in the summer heat, but it has more lasting power than most of the CSP fragrances. These are also more sophisticated vanillas than CSP. The dry down of Mexique is intriguing, melting into a smooth vanilla w/ a little smokiness still coming through. I will definitely be buying this again, and getting the lotion to go with it. The price can't be beat for this complex a scent, IMHO.

I received a bottle of Vanille Noire du Mexique in a swap and I've been really enjoying it! It's a complex, creamy vanilla with a spicy/peppery kick. In my personal opinion it is not as foody as other vanilla centered scents, but I did once hear a comment that 'something smelled like good, roasted marshmallows'. When I revealed it might be me, they admitted that I was indeed the source, but that it smelled great! A romantic interest found it "amazing". I feel it also has potential to be combined, to give a creamier or sweeter note to another scent.

after reading the reveiws here I was so excited to get my sampler....until i got it. Most of these, include the Mexique, dried down to a musty smell. yes, I said musty, not musky. I smelled like a dirty attic. yuck! I was expecting something sweet and smokey but the vanilla is so not prominant in these. The smell better in the bottle than they do on me but I was expecting something a little more vibrant. I barely smelled the floral notes at application and on drydown, they were gone. I got musty patchouli.

Popular Fragrances