La Maison de la Vanille Vanille Noire du Mexique

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
No Image

4.4

on 5/31/2008 12:43:00 AM

LOVE this! I bought it untested when Sephora had it on clearance so it was really cheap and when I first smelled it, it was fine, but nothing exciting. If you smell the bottle, it smells like soap, but once it starts to meld with the skin the warmth of the vanilla comes out. This is not as sweet as other perfumes from this line (Madagascar and Tropiques) and there is a spicy, woodsy scent that tames it. Makes me feel like I'm wrapped in a cozy blanket. If you are a fan of gourmand/foody fragrances, definitely give this a try!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I got this fragrance from Sephora and it has turned into one of my favorites! Definite vanilla, with a bit of a chocolate musk. It's warm and sensual, slightly sweet but not sickenly so. Stays on for hours and doesn't give me that 'perfume headache. Light enough for day use and sexy enough for evening use. Pretty cheap for 10 bucks a bottle. Will repurchase!!

on 3/13/2008 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My body chemistry tends to wreak havoc on fragrances, and Mexique is one of the few that seems to really work for me. On me, it becomes this soft, sensual & smoky vanilla - the powdery notes become less obvious and seem to become almost a hint of amber. I usually hate patchouli, but this fragrance uses it so well that it just adds a hint of warmth and a "close to the skin" aura without being stank or dirty. There's a reason that this is one of the very few scents that I've loved for years - I tend to be pretty ADD with fragrances. But this is a match made in heaven, for me.

The bottle is incredible, as well - hammered silver metal, almost Southwestern in aesthetic. I love everything about this fragrance! continued >>

Skin: Other, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Bought this stuff online because of the raves at MUA. Smelled very boring on my skin, like a mixture of cheap vanilla Bodylotion and a floral drugstore soap. Sold it immediately at ebay (5,00 ), my hubby didn't like it, my daughters refused to use it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I had to edit this review for a third time. I own all the original 5 of the LMdV line, and it took me a while to "get" this one. I find the sillage in this one, quite sufficient. In warmer weather, it has been almost oppressive at times, which I think is why I may have had problems reviewing it. It's an extremely rich fragrance. Rich with vanilla and powdery, edible tonka that imparts a bit of a cocoa-mix note to the scent. Other notes of jasmine, rose and bergamot kick it up and make it feminine. I am LOVING this. Just don't wear it HOT weather.
Fabulous scent, very long lasting, LUSCIOUS!

Popular Fragrances