La Maison de la Vanille Vanille Noire du Mexique

No Image

4.3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Very unique just like the other vanilles. Itīs an elegant, misterious, dark type of vanila. Itīs more mature, I believe the jasmine note makes it more comfortable, more wearable than the other ones. But I still love Sauvage du Madasgacar. The evolution on the skin is what I find very interesting about these fragrances. Itīs amazing to see how they really change everytime on the skin. So try it out on your skin before you dislike it completely.

on 10/1/2008 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I spray this on as I'm getting dressed for work. At work I sit quietly in my office and hear most people at the corridor discussing on what that nice smell is. One of them eventually comes in to my office and says "so this is where that nice smell is coming from".

Yes, Vanille Noire du Mexique's sillage is MASSIVE. There is not a day when I have this on that no one asks me what I'm wearing. It is a lovely vanilla scent, sweet and spicy and one that everyone will agree on as being a pleasant scent.

Vanilla's are usually warm and are better worn in cooler weather but this has got something refreshing about it at the same time. It starts off with some spice, reminiscent of Zenzero to my nose but in a friendlier way, then all the spice smooths out and turns in to a light sweet vanilla. The fragrance is generally light, bright and quite transparent despite the massive sillage.

Downside is that it's a little too clean and feminine for me. After wearing this for a day, I dont feel quite myself. I come home and start rummaging through my fragrances looking for something with a bit more "kick" or "edge" to it. I also dont like the usual comment I get which is "I smell chocolate". Chocolate is nice but I dont want to smell like it (and to my nose it does not smell like chocolate!).

Others seem to have commented that this does not last but it does indeed on me. It last better than my Passage d'Enfer, Hiris and Le Chevrefeuille. Sprayed on before work it last until about lunch time.

Update: I dont really reach for this anymore. It's too sweet and feminine for my liking. It's not "me".

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Mmmmmm this is one of the best vanillas that I have ever smelled. I like this one the best out of all of the LMDVs. It is very long-lasting and sexy. Such a rich vanilla fragrance.
***UPDATE: Oh no, this fragrance isn't quite as lovely as i thought it was at first. There is something a little off about it now, so I took off a lippie. It still remains one of my LMDV faves though, but Madagascar is a little more my style.***

***UPDATE yet again: I pulled this out of the dpeths of my fragrance cabinet and wow it does smell amazing. The last time I wore this it was warmer outside, which made it more cloying. Now that it is winter it is working much better for me. It is spicy, yet sweet...almost a deep rich slightly fruity (but very tolerable) unique vanilla. Lasts soooo long too.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This one has become a staple for me. I use this as a nighttime fragrance and it really works to induce sleep and helps me relax-I love it! Its so sophisticated & sweet and I don't detect the patchouli note that others have noticed. All I get is sweet cinnamon & vanilla that's not so foody and blended so well-I like the Madagascar too. All the scents in the LMDV are awesome but this one is my current fave!