La Maison de la Vanille Vanille Noire du Mexique

No Image

4.4

on 1/21/2012 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

"Elegant and refined, this powdery fragrance has sparkling top notes of bergamot soothed with the richness of rose, jasmine, iris and patchouli."
This is my favorite of the La Maison de la Vanille scents. It surprised me, because I thought that it would be my least favorite based on the description. I'm usually not into powder, citrus, or florals, and this blend is all of those things, but in the best way possible.
First on, Vanille Noire du Mexique starts off a bit vanilla-powdery and with lots of the prettiest bergamot I've ever smelled (like a smooth, creamy, sweet lemon candy). As it dries down, the florals come out, but it's jasmine and rose at their best. The rose smells candied and the jasmine is warm and sunny and reminds me of honeysuckle. After about an hour, it settles into a warm, rich amber and marshmallow-y vanilla on my skin. Warm and pleasant in all of its stages <3
I wish it were a bit stronger/longer lasting, but it does last about five hours on me with decent throw.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this fragrance. Gourmand without being foody, it goes on dark, rich and spicy, and the drydown is powdery, creamy vanilla but still retains a hint of the opening spicy kick. On me the lasting power is very good. This was much more wearable in winter when I purchased it, though; it's a little too overbearing in summer for me. Makes me think of thick, rich, bittersweet Aztec chocolate and dark, mysterious nights. I get lost in the richness of this scent. I love the bottle too.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I got this fragrance from Sephora and it has turned into one of my favorites! Definite vanilla, with a bit of a chocolate musk. It's warm and sensual, slightly sweet but not sickenly so. Stays on for hours and doesn't give me that 'perfume headache. Light enough for day use and sexy enough for evening use. Pretty cheap for 10 bucks a bottle. Will repurchase!!

on 6/9/2007 1:26:00 PM

I can't say that this is a bad fragrance, because who can argue that wet brownie mix smells bad? But that's essentially all I get from this fragrance after the drydown. There were no layers of scent...no patchouli, no florals for me. Its fate was sealed when the dog came over and licked my arm.

on 10/22/2004 11:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Never, never, never have I received SO many compliments on one fragrance! I'm a (Philosophy)Falling in Love girl but that product has to re-applied about every two hours, norm. LOVE the staying power here, as well as all the Maison products. Color me vanilla...again, luv this one AND de Hahiti...layer them and oh, so FAB!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Mexican chocolate, spice, mexican vanilla (not as rich as Madagascar, but still pungent and lovely) make up this scent, one of my favourites of the LMdV range. It's got a tiny bit of powder as well, thus "the powdery accord". Sincerely lovely, and something I'll use all winter.

This by far is my favorite out of the whole line followed by the Madagascar. It smells like Shalimar when you first spray it on, Shalimar smells horrible on me but this smells great, the Shalimar scent only last a few minutes then it drys down to a beautiful vanilla.

Popular Fragrances