La Maison de la Vanille Vanille Noire du Mexique

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/19/2011 7:24:00 PM

This is the only la maison vanille that I like, and at first I did not love it. All the others were a little old smelling and kind of like rotten fruit with florals. I ordered the sampler. I kept on trying different ones trying to see if I would like them because they are so raved about..and I love vanilla. After trying all of them over and over again I kept on coming back to Vanille Noire du Mexique. I am not a huge fan of the opening notes but the complete dry down is amazing!!! Its warm and inviting with just a touch of a powdery note so it is not too sweet. I love it! YUMMM! I do think this is more of a fall to winter fragrance because of how warm it is.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this fragrance. Gourmand without being foody, it goes on dark, rich and spicy, and the drydown is powdery, creamy vanilla but still retains a hint of the opening spicy kick. On me the lasting power is very good. This was much more wearable in winter when I purchased it, though; it's a little too overbearing in summer for me. Makes me think of thick, rich, bittersweet Aztec chocolate and dark, mysterious nights. I get lost in the richness of this scent. I love the bottle too.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This is a nice vanilla, not very heavy, a combo of vanilla, rose, jasmine and gentle incense, with a hint of iris, which makes it a bit powdery. It is one of the best in the La Maison de la Vanille line. The only thing is that in the drydown it tends to get this sort of plastic note, which I didn't like, hence the 3 lippies. It might work on others though. Notes include: vanilla, rose, jasmine, iris, tonka bean, bergamot.

on 2/24/2004 3:31:00 PM

I ordered a sample pack a while ago
and I ended up buying a whole bottle
of La Maison de la Vanille- Vanille Noire du Mexique.
Here are the notes--
Bergamot, Rose, Jasmine, Vanilla Iris,
Tonka Bean, Patchouli and Vanilla.
It's warm, soft, comforting, and delicious.
Patchouli haters, don't let it steer you away,
I was afraid too, but you can not detect it strongly.
On me it smells very similar to Shalimar, or the way
I want Shalimar to smell on me. (Shalimar turns BAD on me!)

Popular Fragrances