La Maison de la Vanille Vanille Noire du Mexique

No Image

3.8

on 3/13/2008 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My body chemistry tends to wreak havoc on fragrances, and Mexique is one of the few that seems to really work for me. On me, it becomes this soft, sensual & smoky vanilla - the powdery notes become less obvious and seem to become almost a hint of amber. I usually hate patchouli, but this fragrance uses it so well that it just adds a hint of warmth and a "close to the skin" aura without being stank or dirty. There's a reason that this is one of the very few scents that I've loved for years - I tend to be pretty ADD with fragrances. But this is a match made in heaven, for me.

The bottle is incredible, as well - hammered silver metal, almost Southwestern in aesthetic. I love everything about this fragrance! continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just received this fragrance as a gift, and I absolutely love it! It's very similar to Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Amour de Cacao, but it's much cheaper. It's a very sensual, wearable, spicy vanilla. I usually find vanilla fragrances to be way too sweet and overpowering, but that is definitely not the case with this one. When I run out of the bottle I received, I'll definitely be going back to Anthropologie to buy more. This is honestly my new favorite fragrance, and I've never been someone who really likes vanilla perfume!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a nice, light, lovely vanilla scent, but from the description, I was expecting something spicier. Lasting power isn't all that great, but it's so cheap that's not a major complaint.

on 10/22/2004 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

For the record, I like Shalimar and Lea, but did not like this fragrance much at all. Vanille Noire du Mexique is very much like Angel by Thierry Muegler because of the rich, chocolate, vanilla scents mixed with patchouli. I don't care for Angel, and I don't like patchouli in my "foody" fragrances. That single note made it smell "bitter" and distinctly unappetizing. I wish I did like this more, as I could only purchase it online and had to buy unsniffed. I kept resmelling it as it dried down, hoping it would develop into something I could see myself wearing. I was disappointed. :(

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I had to edit this review for a third time. I own all the original 5 of the LMdV line, and it took me a while to "get" this one. I find the sillage in this one, quite sufficient. In warmer weather, it has been almost oppressive at times, which I think is why I may have had problems reviewing it. It's an extremely rich fragrance. Rich with vanilla and powdery, edible tonka that imparts a bit of a cocoa-mix note to the scent. Other notes of jasmine, rose and bergamot kick it up and make it feminine. I am LOVING this. Just don't wear it HOT weather.
Fabulous scent, very long lasting, LUSCIOUS!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

nice vanilla..but fades fast. I prefer the madagascar myself, which is more exciting, very complex and has better staying power.

Popular Fragrances