La Maison de la Vanille Vanille Noire du Mexique

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
No Image

3.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love Mexique, just as well as I love all of the others in the La Maison de la Vanille line. It's an incredibly unique interpretation of vanilla. The entire line is a vanilla-lovers dream. At least, it is on my part ;). Strangely enough, Mexique smelled like citrus dish-washing soap mixed with vanilla shampoo at first spray. I instantly hated it. After a while, I kept getting wafts of something smoky and rich. The dry down of Mexique took me away! It's deep and soft, full of delicious vanilla. I get the most out of the bergamot at first, and then after a few minutes I can pick out a beautifully blended aura of rose, iris, and patchouli and what must be the opoponax that makes it smell so smoky. I can't really detect any jasmine note, unfortunately, because I do love jasmine. I usually consider fragrances with a lot of vanilla to be too heavy for summer, but this one can be worn through summer during the day or even the night. I'd buy this over and over again!

Notes as mentioned on Sephora:
Bergamot, Rose, Jasmine, Vanilla, Iris, Opoponax, Patchouli.

About the sweetest vanilla that I can stand without feeling ill, it has a touch of spice and slight creaminess that tames it, but I still find it overwhelmingly strong.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is not a bad vanilla, as it is not sharp or cloyingly sweet like many. However, to me it smells like pure vanilla extract. Cute bottle, but only for lovers of stright-up vanilla, I prefer my vanilla blended into a more complex fragrance than this one.

on 9/21/2006 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am not a fragrance expert by any means, but I love this stuff soooo much, that I had to review it. I took samples of all the La Maison de la Vanille fragrances and this seemed the most vanilla like to me. The others were either too spicey or too floral scented. This one is categorized as being a 'Soft Oriental' fragrance by Sephora. This is my everyday fragrance because it is not overbearing, but strong enough to last practically ALL day! Plus, I got several compliments while wearing this one & not the others. I am obsessed w/ vanilla scents & this by far is my absolute favorite!Definitely a HG fragrance. I use B&BW Warm Vanilla body lotion & body splash before applying this & the combo is perfectly vanilla!

on 1/7/2005 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I agree with the reviewer directly below me, this smells like a combination of vanilla lotion and floral soap -- and not in a good way. The one saving grace is that it didn't last forever on me.

This by far is my favorite out of the whole line followed by the Madagascar. It smells like Shalimar when you first spray it on, Shalimar smells horrible on me but this smells great, the Shalimar scent only last a few minutes then it drys down to a beautiful vanilla.

Popular Fragrances