Rusk Sensories Calm

Rusk Sensories Calm

3.3

on 7/8/2016 3:21:00 PM

My hair usually responds okay to most shampoo. However, high quality shampoo obviously works better. :) I ran out of my great shampoo a few weeks ago and grabbed some travel bottles of Rusk Sensories calm from a few previous hotel stays. I have been using this shampoo consistently for a few weeks now. My hair is ruined! It has never been drier and has never felt more fried, and lost length, and has been falling out. I stopped heat styling, thinking that was the problem. I had my hair trimmed hoping it would start to grow again. My stylist said that she has never seen anything like this. My hair looks like it has a shorter layer cut underneath the hair on top and is all uneven. Overall, I lost about 6 inches of growth in 3 weeks....which took almost a year to grow in the first place. So sad! I am tossing this shampoo. It may work for some, but is dangerous to my hair.

on 5/16/2016 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wish I'd read the reviews before I bought. I started using the Rusk Calm Shampoo and Conditioner three weeks ago. After one week I noticed my hair was coming out by the handful whenever I washed and conditioned. Thought it was a fluke but it continued and got worse. I've NEVER seen so much hair in my shower drain! I cannot get over how much hair I've lost! I'm discontinuing and returning both items. Might not happen for everyone but something in the formula did not agree with my follicles :-(. Beware.

on 11/14/2013 4:02:00 PM

I used this shampoo for about two weeks or three weeks. I will say it cleanses very well, has a great, light scent, and a good lather. But my hair started falling out in handfuls. Every time I ran my fingers through my hair, I would get at least 6 or 7 strands. In the shower it looked like there were tiny hamsters coming out of my head. And then my scalp got insanely itchy and red and super irritated. I stopped using it and it went away in about a week. My hair still fell out though for a few weeks. Might have just been something my scalp didn't agree with, but I absolutely hated this shampoo.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have been using this and other rusk shampoos on and off for years, and I always come back to it. Its sulfate free, which is very important to me. It smells delicious (especially the light blue one with ginseng) and my bf loves it. He started using it when we started living together and hasn't stopped.
It doesn't lather too too much, which could be a downside for some, but coming from someone who is used to sulphate free shampoos, I love it regardless. Just because something doesn't lather, doesn't mean its not cleaning your scalp. It does a wonderful job of getting rid of the excess oils but leaving the beneficial ones. I have even applied coconut oil masks to my hair previous to washing with this and have come out of the shower grease and buildup free.
All in all a gentle and lovely product. Will always repurchase!
Ps- the matching conditioner is very very light. I usually skip buying it and settle for Joico sulfate free conditioners.
PPS- to be more helpful, my hair is fine, color treated, oily root/dry ends and wavy. People with different hair texture may get different results with this shampoo.

on 5/16/2016 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I purchased this yesterday and my hair looks great. very gentle, shine rinses out fast and easy and scent is mild

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The comments about this shampoo making hair fall out are so true. I was suspecting this shampoo was making my hair fall out in handfuls, but I never took it too seriously because no shampoo ever caused that reaction on me. I spent money on biotin and multivitamins thinking it would help, but my hair kept falling out in thick strands until I finished the bottle and switched to a different shampoo. Never buying it again. So if any of you are suspecting this shampoo to cause fallout, it most likely is.

on 10/21/2013 1:05:00 PM

I've been using this shampoo over two years now, on my double-processed hair, have bought a few bottles. It does not strip my color and gets my scalp really clean. This was recommended to my by the staff at ULTA when I asked for a clarifying shampoo for fragile, bleached hair. I am happy they turned me on to this shampoo.

on 6/17/2012 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

For the love of all that is holy, do NOT get any of this shampoo in your eyes. The burning!

That being said, this works well as an everyday shampoo for normal hair. It contains sulfates but it doesn't have silicones, which is a combination that I look for in a shampoo. It is cleansing but also a bit drying, so I try to use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards. It's not the most exciting shampoo since it doesn't really do anything special. But I personally don't need my shampoo to have a lot of bells and whistles. I just want something to clean my hair effectively, which this seems to do.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Rusk's Calm shampoo. It leaves my hair feeling fresh, soft, clean, and moisturized. My hair color looks gorgeous when I use this. My hair is wavy-straight, color-treated, fine, oily at roots, dry at ends, prone to frizz. For my hair type, I definitely experience above-average results when using this. And it smells amazing, as well.

on 2/24/2013 5:56:00 PM

I usually like Rusk and what it does for my hair, however, this Shampoo does nothing! It doesn't lather, and it makes my hair very dry. I was very surprised, however, the smell is nice, and the conditioner is pretty nice as well. Overall not the best, but not the worst.