NARS Lip Gloss (All Shades)

NARS Lip Gloss (All Shades)

3.9

I have this in a few colors, yet my favorite is the shade Orgasm, which is an almost completely universally-flattering coral pink shade. The lip gloss is not as sticky as many other glosses. This tends to fade evenly. I love that after using this my lips feel moisturized the rest of the day.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a mini in Gold Digger & reg sized in Dolce Vita, Turkish Delight, O, Super O, Chelsea Girls, & Angelika; & I love them! They are hella expensive so that's why I only own a few. $28 eek that is a lot of money but I would certainly buy more of them as a splurge! My fave lipglosses are NARS, Chanel Glossimers, & MAC Lipglass. My current obsession is NARS!! The packaging is cute too so chic & doesn't taste nor smell like anything--I don't get the wet sheep comparison althou lanolin normally doesn't agree w me these don't bother me in the least. Winning!!

on 10/28/2015 4:34:00 PM

While pricey, I justify that it IS Nars and they make good stuff. I keep coming back to this brand after years of trying DS and HE stuff. It is one of the best I terms of color, staying power and consistency. It doesn't dry my lips out yet gives strong color, which is better for me than some lipsticks. My lips tend to be dry so I like glosses which help that, not hinder it. I'm going to ruthlessly purge my lip gloss stash soon as I can't stand keeping things around if they are no longer useful. My latest Nars lip gloss is called something like Sixties (_____) ?, which is a great dark vampy shade. It is new shade and I was reminded of why I love this line (customer since 2002).

The lip gloss of my life. It's great - shine, pigment, hydration - all with cute packaging.

Terrible product. Overhyped and expensive plus you don't get your money's worth.
The only redeeming quality is the packaging. The product itself is sticky,tacky and has the texture of glue. As far as the color range,it's okay but no way does that justify the price.
My Nyx lip gloss is way better and costs much less.

on 7/3/2016 1:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in the shade orgasm and it's beautiful. It's quite expensive and it also doesn't last long on my lips. Nothing special with these. Buy a drugstore lip gloss instead of this one. It disappears after an hour or two without even drinking or eating. Will not buy this again.

I purchased this gloss in a neutral pink color to wear over bolder red lipsticks and defuse some of their color. I'm not usually into wearing gloss on my lips but this isn't a typical sticky gloss and it's also much more pigmented. It creates a beautiful shine while moisturizing the lips and on top of that it has decent staying power.

on 8/21/2015 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I spent a good hour at Sephora trying to find my new favorite lip gloss (there really should be a law against companies discontinuing popular lip gloss lines- that's highly traumatizing to women). I tried almost every gloss in Sephora. I wanted something neutral with a little shine but not glittery, and a smooth application that blends easily. I can't stand sticky/tacky glosses (there should be a law against that too!). I tried the Nars glosses early in my search, walked away from them and then came right back. I liked them enough to start out, but after comparing them to everything else out there, I realized they were much better and offered a better variety of shades. Then I tried on the color "Striptease" (which might be the best name ever for a lip gloss) and I fell totally in love. It's the best neutral shade ever! Search over! I picked that right up. I've now been wearing it or alone or layering it over a light pink or nude lip pencil filled in lip, or a nude matte lipstick, or a light sheer coral lipstick. Striptease fits perfectly with everything.

on 7/27/2014 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got this in Super Orgasm from Sephora. It cost about $30 which is pretty expensive but I can never seem to find a lip gloss that looks nice on my lips. I have tan skin and dark lips (the top on is darker than the bottom) and so everything looks weird on me. This is a really nice product because it looked decent. The problem I had was it fades really fast and when it is gone you are left with these sparkles stuck to your lips. I will probably buy it again but I'm still looking for a better gloss.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Got this in Tasmania - a pastel pink that looks great in the tube but on the lips it's just your lips with a moist shine. Ah, really wanted to love this, but the color spoiled it all for me. Otherwise, the texture, packaging, wear is OK, I wouldn't say it's up there, but pretty decent. I think I'll still try the other colors for names if for nothing else)). The other thing is Tasmania may be a great gloss to layer over another lipstick, I think that would be the best use for it, because to achieve any slight pink pastel shade, you really need to layer for an hour.