4.6

price range

Reviews

from

5 years ago

The other reviews have pretty much covered the description of La Boheme so I will just say I agree with the ones that say it is nothing short of spetacluar. I have no clue why OPI never brought it back since it sold out almost immediately. After I ran out of my first bottle I lucked into a decent deal on 10 bottles on ebay. I have been hoarding them for the past few years. I gave one to my daughter and when she ran out she would come over and use mine. I let some friends and family borrow it once in a while and now I am down to my last bottle. :( Soon it will probably be too old to risk purchasing it on ebay. OPI if you read these, BRING IT BACK PLEASE!

About reviewer (781 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

8 years ago

I received a message from a friend last week stating that her mother was doing a major sweep of her polishes, and would I like them? Well...HECK YEAH! When she brought them over to me I was absolutely stunned to find not one, but SEVEN black label OPIs, all never used. Of course, I now knew what my plans for the night were! It was hard to decide which shade I wanted to try first, but I finally settled on La Boheme. I wasn't sure what to expect upon application, as the product has obviously aged quite a bit, but was pleasantly surprised to find it went on perfectly smooth. It's quite sheer, and I ended up putting 4 coats on each nail. I finished up with OPI Glitter Bit of Music Top Coat. I am in love with this color!! Indoors it appears as a deep brick red with subtle gold sparkles (which also has to do with my top coat), outdoors- oh my! It sparkles like no other, and appears as a dark red, almost plummy shade. It's absolutely incredible. The bottle I got was one of the minis, and came in a 4 pack of the Broadway Babies collection, so I decided to check the shade out on Ebay. Of the few bottles available, the cheapest one was $53.00. So, while I would absolutely buy this again, I doubt I will. If I ever find one someone has decided to let go again, I promise to love, honor, and cherish it:)

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair

HairBlack

EyesGreen

from

10 years ago

La Boheme is completely unlike anything else in my stash of 1,000+ polishes. It's a very complex mesh of deep burgundy/berry with loads of micro-glitter. This polish on it's own, it's very wow-worthy because it is quite sheer, however, where this beauty *shines* is layered over a deep rich burgundy/purple or over black. I love putting this over Lincoln Park at Midnight, or a stark black. That really highlights the shimmer in this and really pulls forth the incredible glimmer in this! Totally a must have, and a tragedy that it was discontinued :(

About reviewer (1078 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3.0

11 years ago

OPI's La Boheme in the bottle seems to be a dark red with sparkles of gold, green, and red. On my nails, after two coats, I saw none of the green and only slight gold sparkle. Under indoor lighting it seems to be a very dark sparkly red; however, when you go outdoors it turns a dark sparkly plum color. (This is why I gave it 3 lippies instead of 4 - I don't like plum.) Also, when I took this off the cotton ball was plummy-purple so that would be the base color tone of La Boheme - plum. I was looking for dark red. (If your looking for La Boheme but in RED I would suggest Changing of the Garnet.) The application was perfect in two coats - totally opaque and looked like glass. It lasted five days with only minor tip wear (which one would get with dark colors) and minor crazing. Overall, it's a great polish but I wouldn't buy it or use it again because of the plum base; however, if you can wear plum this would be perfect.

About reviewer (176 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

11 years ago

IMHO OPI makes the best reds out there. that said, la boheme is the most amazing red nail color you will ever lay your eyes on. it's complex and totally hypnotizing. definitely in my top 10, one of my all-time faves.

About reviewer (277 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

11 years ago

Wow. I finally understand the hype. I found my bottle at a dusty, which I'm glad of because the online prices for LB are ridiculous. But once I got it home to try out, I was converted. This is a remarkable color, and I'm being very stingy with it because I'm terrified it'll run out before I can find more. In the bottle, it's a complex mixture of gold, red, magenta, green, and everything in between. Once you've seen a bottle, you won't need to look at the label to know whether something's LB or not, it's a very unique color. On my nails, it doesn't show the full range of colors in every light, but different lights make it look entirely different, and it's always deeply, deeply shimmery. This is the kind of polish that I get distracted by while driving because it looks so different in different light conditions. Application was perfect, very easy, and a great texture: not too thick or too thin. It's got that great old-school chemically smell to it when you open the bottle. At first I wondered what everyone was going on about, but after giving this one a chance I've seen the light. It's a HG for me.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

11 years ago

Te first time I wore, LB, I was underwhelmed and didn't understand the popularity of it. I decided to give it one more try, and totally understood the popularity of it! It's a rusty red base that's like a kaleidoscope of colors in different light. Truly amazing. I took off one lippie because it's a three coater for me, and because it doesn't come cheap any more...

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair

EyesGreen

12 years ago

I just received 2 bottles of this polish and I finally know what all the hype is about. This is a gorgeous shade with tons of depth and sparkle. In the bottle I see flashes of green, gold and slight bits of blue. These combine to create a gorgeous berry-burgandy-gold on the nail. Just fabulous. It was well worth the $9 I paid to get it from eBay. Application was so smooth...just like buttah. I had great coverage with 2 coats but I went for a 3rd and the result is just stunning. It’s a beautiful purple-berry shade when the light hits it one way but a gorgeous, sparkly copper when it reflects a different way. Even under the lights in my bathroom it’s easy to see the sparkle and depth this color has. I can’t wait to see it in the sun! It’s perfect for my skintone and looks great on my short-but-growing-out nails. I just can’t stop staring at it. This is one I might leave on more than a day and that hasn’t happened since I tried ChG Frostbite. If you can get your hands on this one, do it!

About reviewer (147 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

12 years ago

DDD NC/43 Meh. Saw this on transdesign.com for about $4 and bought a bottle after hearing all the hype for this color. This is a beautifully complex color in the bottle, but on the nails, it was a shimmery magenta. Beautiful, yes, but a letdown compared to the color in the bottle and not wildly different in depth or tone than some of OPIs other shimmery berry/burgundy colors. I'm finding that the case with a lot of OPIs actually -- they look amazing and different in the bottle, but once on the nails, many of the colors look very similar. :(

About reviewer (164 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

12 years ago

La Boheme is dark, deeeeep metallic red w/ berry in some lights, but in most other lighting it has an amber/orange/copper flash. Be warned if you're on the cooler end of the spectrum or if you just don't care for orange-based rust/coppery tones...but take heart if you're warmed toned, it could be a holy grail. Interestingly, La Boheme's copper tones mellow considerably when the polish is fully cured...put it on and you'll wake up to less rusty flash the next day. As many have said, this polish is loaded with depth and fire, packed with shimmer and just so full of life...it looks two inches thick on your nails. It's rrrrrich, deep, unmistakably elegant and would be at home whether it's a holiday party, night at the theater or just any ol' Monday in January. Interesting polish in that its base is cool toned (daaark berry red) yet its shimmer is warm. While I find it beautiful, reds are tricky on me as any, any hint of rust or sienna will have me running for the door. The very obvious coppery flash in this makes it short of perfect for me, but its drop dead grown-up elegance makes it a keeper. La Boheme needs a fat application of a clear topcoat to truly shine...the polish alone has a rather dull finish. It took me three coats to achieve flawless, deep bottle color. Availability: discontinued. Swap here, find in forgotten rack at small manicurist place, or be prepared to pay around $10-$14 on eBay.

About reviewer (339 reviews)

Age36-43