Umberto Giannini Sleek and Chic Blowdry Cream

No Image

4.4

on 1/13/2011 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is an awesome product, and not just for those needing extra straightening help. I have straightish hair that can get kinks and waves here and there, and this knocks them out to give me smooth, straight locks, but I can still curl the ends with a brush and a blowdryer if desired. I recently ran out of the product and washed and dried my hair without it, and saw a *huge* difference. My hair lacked the shiny, silky quality this cream creates, and was a bit rough, dull and overly soft, meaning it would not hold any style, nor could I create the salon blow-out look I so often can with a dose of this. If you like smooth hair that's easy to control and holds its shape well, you'll love this stuff.

this review is for Umberto blow dry lotion. i love this stuff i just ran out and got a 2nd bottle and i rarely do that. this is the only hair product i use on a normal day for either blow-drying hair straight(ish) or just leave my kinda crazy wavy hair to air dry. this leaves my hair shiny frizz free (notice the date, i'm writing this in July) but not oily or weighed down. i get very consistent results with this which is amazing, curly headed girls you know what i mean.
if i want to curl my hair with a curling iron i can skip the hairspray! -well the pre-curling iron hairspray not the finishing spray. a bottle lasted me about three months but i have very thick curly/wavy hair and i use it every other day.

on 10/25/2009 12:58:00 PM

I'd seen this product at my local Target, and, after reading the positive reviews here, decided to give it a try. I've only used it once (yesterday), but this stuff is amazing! It left my hair silky soft, and has such a nice, light smell to it.

The biggest plus, though, is that it helped smooth down my gray hairs! I color my hair, but, at the age of 38, my grays have a habit of sticking up since they are so coarse (esp. along my part line), and nothing I've used in the past has helped tame them. This smoothed them out so that they were not sticking up.

Also, this product isn't just for straightening your hair. I have a short, Lisa Rinna-type shag that flips, and this gave me nice definition. I only had to use a bit of my styling paste after blowing my hair dry to piece it out. I love this stuff!

on 7/4/2009 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So, I'm not sure if this is the same stuff I have but I have been using an Umberto Giannini product for about a month called "Blow Dry Lotion" and it is amazing. I have fine hair but alot of it and this product is like a one stop shop. It protects my hair while blow drying, it helps to hold a style after the blow drying and leaves my hair light feeling, shiny, strong and texturized. If I don't blow dry and just use some of this product when I let my hair air dry - it does all the same things - leaves my hair light, shiny, strong, and stylable. Sometimes hair products work for a while fo me and then their effects kind of wear off. I am hoping this is a keeper for along time!

on 5/12/2009 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Fab product a little expensive but worth it. I have mid length hair with short layers on top, highlighted and this stuff does what it says, leave sit Sleek and chic. I dont have to spend as much time using straightners on it an it looks too straight when i do. Use a brush with a metal core so that the heat builds up along with this cream leaves straight hair!

on 9/17/2007 5:55:00 PM

I love this product. I found out about it through MUA. My hair is wavy and I mostly wear it wavy with some gel or mousse. When I want to straighten my hair I use this. I barely have to put effort into it. I put it in my hair and blow dry randomly brushing my hair. That's it, it stays smooth all day. I bought a trial size and I have had it for a long time.
This saves me so much time, I love it!

on 9/6/2007 11:46:00 AM

I got this as part of a gift set but haven't used it before, until today :) It was quite good and definatley make my hair silky and too shiny in my opinion, i think it's because I'm light blonde and it just makes my hair look kinda greasy if I use to much, but i can see that it would be good on darker hair colours

on 3/25/2007 4:45:00 PM

Makes hair shiney and straight. Reduces frizz, doesn't weight hair down or make it greasey. Is quite good, bet you need a lot of product to get the best results. It's best for someone who rarely straighteners and wants quick results without much fuss.

One word. Ca ca!

on 11/28/2005 7:47:00 AM

I got this as a freeby with a magazine so can't comment on the price. I wasn't too impressed; my hair is fine but a real pain to straighten. This cream, just like any other straightening product I've ever tried, didn't work miracles. It made my hair slightly difficult to comb through (I used the amount suggested on the packaging). I still needed to iron my hair afterwards for the really sleek look. Redken Heat Glide works a lot better for me, more lightweight but more effective, too and you only need to use a tiny bit.

Popular Styling Products