MAC Frost - Phloof! (Hollidazzle)

MAC Frost - Phloof! (Hollidazzle)
MAC - Handwritten, Bronze, Phloof, Seedy PearlFrost - Phloof! (Hollidazzle)MAC Ploof! vs NYX Cream Cheese

4.6

on 5/6/2017 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

One of my classic favs to use. Cream tone white with high sheen! Very pigmented and blends like a dream. Can be used in a multiple ways. A defin eye brightener! As a shadow I love pairing it with black (Carbon) it's so dramatic- almost as a smokey eye application. A must have in any shadow repertoire. Always being repurchased!

on 10/23/2016 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I couldn't resist getting this shade. Great for the inner corners of my eyes and for highlighting under the browbone. It works for the day as well as night for me. I combine it with darker shades to add some sultriness to my lids.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Super awesome!! I have tried this as a lid wash (w winged eyeliner); as a tear duct/brow highlight; & w a bit darker (matte) brown e/s in the crease/V w this on my lid. It's very versatile. [Boo!! I think mature women can still pull off a subtly frosted color unless it's all the way up from ur lashline to ur brow w black eyeliner on the bottom only (reminds me of how I looked in my early 20s/h00pty girl/stripper)]. I've got Gesso & White Frost also by MAC & Phloof is much prettier becoz it's less stark. It's a champagne that pulls slightly pink not gold so it's not garish. Really pretty. I went on a "slight MAC binge" this month. U really do pay 4 what u get. I had been using DS dupes & Loreal Infallible e/s in Iced Latte is about the closest DS dupe I kno of, but it doesn't have the pinkness (very subtle pink which makes this warmer & uniquer), I am NC15 but I think this would be gorg on WOC. I like MAC Saddle w this, nice coz Saddle is Matte I don't like something like MAC Woodwinked coz too much frostiness esp since I am pushing middle age.

this is one of the eye shadows that I have in my 15 pan palette. this is a nice inner eye corner highlight but is a bit too much to put all over the lid. it is very pigmented. I don't really think I will be hitting pan on this I shadow anytime soon so once in awhile I use a very light hand to use it as a cheek highlight. I will not repurchase because it is a little too frosty for anything else.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Alright mature, middle aged ladies, listen up! If used by itself on its own, Phloof is a frosty, wrinkle-accentuating, crepey-eyelid nightmare. BUT, if used appropriately (check out the Wayne Goss video "Makeup for Mature Eyes") it adds a brightening glow to the eyes which is absolutely gorgeous. The formula is phenomenal, pigmented, and the light pinky frost color isn't as harsh as a bright white. Use it all over the lid but don't use it all the way up to the brow bone (hello, tacky), then blend it out with darker crease and outer V colors. Looks amazing with purples and pinks and browns. Again, check out how Wayne uses it in his video. Love, love, love!

Edit: I DO still love Phloof, but I returned it because it was still a bit too frosty for me, no matter how much I blended. Definitely worth a try though!

on 3/4/2014 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just goes to show that us older gals should not use frost eyeshadows. I had hoped to use this on the inner corner but it is just too bright and intense. Best left to the younger crowd as it is a gorgeous colour.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my favorite shadows from MAC that I use pretty much on the daily!

It's a light frosted color with just a tiny hint of pink; enough to brighten the eye area without making me look sick (anything with too much pink or red makes my eyes look puffy and gross)

It makes an AMAZING inner corner highlight or all across the lid. I can use either brown or grey in my crease and it brings out the personality of the shadow in different ways! With a warmer color in the crease it has a warmer tone and looks cooler with a more grey-toned color in the crease!

This little workhorse is definitely a favorite and it's starting to get quite a dent in it!

I have this in a 4 pallet with: orb, bronze, and satin taupe (all of which I have also reviewed!)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I have a huge dent in this eyeshadow because I wear it every chance I get. I love it. It's the perfect pearly white with the slightest hint of pink in it. I always wear this all over my lid with a light wash of MAC Copperplate in my crease.

on 10/6/2013 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a very pigmented shade which is hard to find with some highlight color. It has a pink reflexion to it. It's very frosty and intense so you don't need to put that much in there. I apply it most of the time as a light wash with a fluffy brush.

I love this product!! It gives a nice glow to the eyes and face! This is truly one of my HG items!