Clarins Normalizing Facial Mask

No Image

3.6

This is a deep cleansing mud mask that doesn't dry out my skin. It did tighten more pores (always something I look out for as my pores are huge), but it didn't do anything extraordinary that a cheaper mud mask cannot do.

on 12/2/2006 10:54:00 AM

I havent used this product that many times yet but i can feel it working from the beginning. Like a lot of people say, the smell isnt that pleasant but thats only because i dont like scented skincare. I do believe that my skin has gotten less oilier and thats the important thing!

on 11/12/2006 11:34:00 PM

I also suggest using it on yr oily areas only. For me, i use on my oily nose as mask, feel a biting sensation for the first few minutes, there after ok. Relatively gd deep cleansing effect for oily areas. Can also used as an emergency mask , leave on pimples over night. It works for me (advised by clarins SA).

on 8/5/2006 8:30:00 AM

This mask is OK. Not too drying, although I never felt it deep-cleaned as much as I would like. The tube lasts forever. A bit pricey for the small tube. Next time I will get the Mary Kay Clarifying mask again, it deep cleans better without stripping and costs half the price of the Clarins for twice as much product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Even though this dries on the skin, it doesn't seem to strip my skin, and it washes off so easily with water!! It also clears out the pores really well and gets rid of blackheads.

UPDATE: Caused me to breakout.

on 9/18/2005 6:43:00 PM

This is a very drying mask, so use it only on problem areas. Can see a big difference as it completely clears out blackheads.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

One of many masks I've tried for my combo / acneic skin. This mask didn't make my skin better or worse. The packaging was okay. This mask may work for some people, but was a complete waste of money for me. Will definitely not repurchase.

on 1/29/2005 7:17:00 AM

This is my HG clay mask. I use it once (sometimes twice) a week and it takes away all excess oil, without drying out my skin. It leaves my face soft, moisturized and radiant. Highly recommended.

on 11/5/2004 4:04:00 PM

I have been using this mask twice a week since May and am loving it. I use the Gentle Exfoliating Refiner to remove dead skin cells then apply this mask. I leave it on for 10 minutes that rinse. It applys very smoothly and doesn't dry hard. It is very easy to rinse. I notice that my skin looks clearer and healthier and my pores appear smaller. I have very sensitive skin and have not had any type of negative reaction to this product. I think it is very expensive($24.00 for 1.7 ozs.) but lasts forever. The biggest complaint I have is the packaging! After having used the majority of the product the bottom of the tube busted! I put it in a zip lock baggie and so far it hasn't dried out. I'm just using a makeup spatuala to remove the remaining product. I just feel that if I'm going to spend this much money for a product, the packaging should be of a high enough quality to last as long a the product does!!!!UPDATE: 11/19/04 Repurchased this mask last night since I ran out. With twice weekly use, this small 1.7 oz mask has lasted 6 months. Even though this is expensive ($24 for such a small amount) it lasts forever and is very cost effective!Helpful hint: when you think you're out of product, cut the end of the tube off and use a long makeup spatula to get the rest out. You'll be surprised at how much is actually left. Just keep it in a ziplock baggie so it doesn't dry out!

Overall, I think this is a good mask. It did a good job of removing unwanted oils & dirt without drying my face out. I took off a lippie because I didn't think it did as good a job as Biotherm's Hydra Detox mask.