Clairol Jazzing

3.1

We bought this as temporary color for our daughter's hair for her role in a play - she's a natural blonde and needed to be a redhead for the role. We used the shade "Red Hot," and it did tinge her hair kind of red - but the red was very subtle. You have to leave it on for longer than the package recommends to get the color to show, and even then it's not hugely noticeable. It does stain skin and clothes, though - you definitely need to apply Vaseline along your hairline before using this.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this product. Back when I used to dye my hair a lot, this stuffed worked like a charm! However, I have not dyed my hair for two years, and after I did a strand test there was no change on my virgin hair. The clear IS fantastic for just about anyone, however unless you have porous hair, it probably isn't the best for you. I used "red hot" and it MAY have added a reddish tinge to my hair (my hair dark blond with highlights, slight wave, style resistant), but only to my highlighted areas. You really have to look HARD to see it. If you have chemically treated or relaxed hair, this would probably be a great find as it DOES add a sleek shine:) In the end, not good for virgin hair, great for processed :)

I bought the color mood indigo and racy wine. Both did not come out well. I followed the bottle and the color came out tealish instead of blue. Don't expect the color to last long, after 3 washes it completely came off. I tried it a second time leaving it in for 2-3 times longer then the bottle says, after a couple washes the color came out and left in a green tint on my hair for a week. Someone suggested that I leave it in a couple hours because thats how she gets her colors that bright. I listened to her advice and it came out similar to before. Also because the color came out so easily, it dyed my skin. Within the process I washed my hands (I wore gloves but rinsed with my hands) and arms multiple times because the color would keep coming off and going on my skin. I just did it a third time today and I could have sworn I washed my hands clean but they have blue blots and spots on them again. Racy wine came out a dark brown purple instead of a bright red/pink. The colors don't even go on even, I have parts of my hair teal, blonde, and green. Save yourself time, water, soap and don't buy.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Utter crap. I used Bold Gold amongst other brown shades on my bleached blonde hair and none of them worked. As soon as I rinsed my hair the dye went with it. At $7 a bottle it's a total waste of money.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This is for Fuschia Plum. I've seen other people use it and have their ears and clothes stained and I didnt want that. What I did was do an Aphogee treatment (the one where you let it get hard), then put the rinse in. I made sure to sit under the dryer for at least 30 mins. Worked like a charm. My hair is dark so it was just a tint, but it gave me color without damaging my hair which is what I wanted.

I recommend using the Aphogee and making sure to sit under a dryer. I think the Aphogee trick only works if you have a perm.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This review is for the shade CREAM SODA. When my hair was red, I mixed it with a cherry color, and it looked great. Recently, I dyed my hair black with a very misleading shade that turned out navy blue. I remembered that I had a bottle of cream soda left from long ago, and figured that since blue tones out the orange in blonde hair, then it would make sense for an orangey gold to tone out blue. Thankfully I was right. Worked like a charm! I have nothing but good things to say because of that!

I didn't expect much from this product,and while I wasn't overwhelmed by the results,I was pleasantly surprised. I got "Ruby Red" with the intention to turn my dark brown shoulder length hair a nice red-violet burgundy with out any bleach or anything else that would severely damage my hair.,just to experiment over Thanksgiving break.I did a strand test and it turned a very nice purple-red brown,which I was pleased with. Although the color does not show up in pictures,I think it's a quite pretty color of maroon. However,this dye stains fast,and it is the ugliest color of cheeto-orange I have ever seen.My mom and most of my bathroom are stained with this color and it is not coming off. Also, I'm worried the color has begun to fade and it's only day 2!

I have bought the Jazzing in Moon Indigo twice now and been disappointed both times.

The first time I purchased it, it literally had no effect on my hair whatsoever. It just washed out like children's fingerpaint. I ended up throwing away whatever I hadn't attempted to use.

My second encounter with Jazzing was born out of desperation (My hair had just been buzzed and my muddy-colored roots were showing) and cheapness.

My usual go-to, L'Oreal's Starry Black is a wopping eleven bucks at my local Wal-Greens, a bit more than I'm willing to spend. Especially since I don't need a whole bottle, just enough to do the buzzed sides of my mohawk.

So I went next door to the local hair supply shop and poked around for some alternatives. I spied the Jazzing display again and upon seeing the six dollar price tag and conveniently resealable bottle, was promptly hypnotized into forgetting my prior disappointment with it.

Fast-forward to me on my next day off, having bleached my hair in preparation the night prior. I open the bottle and pour out the dye, finding that it appears inordinately oil and runny-looking for a modern semi-perm. I expected it to be messy as hell and a hassle to use by the consistency alone and really, that was the only expectation of mine Jazzing lived up to.

I heat treated it and left it on even longer than the bottle directed, crossing my fingers that I did 'something right' this time around and would get the results promised on package. But as I hinted at earlier, Jazzing really let me down.

Not only did its runny, syrupy texture leak everywhere around my neckline and hairline - permeating barrier gel, and stubbornly stained the hell out of my skin - it didn't stick to my hair at all! I had a few tiny patches of faded teal, not even indigo, that looked like someone had rubbed my head with Aldi's brand Kool-Aid mix.

So I don't know. It ended up being a waste of time and a waste of money that stained my skin but not my hair. I guess this would be totally awesome if you were into turning yourself into a smurf or one of those aliens from Avatar but it fails as a hairdye on all levels. continued >>

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I used this color in both Ebony and Ruby Red. I have relaxed hair and it is naturally dark, nearer black rather than dark brown. When I first used the Ruby Red color, it showed up pretty nicely. Though it was only a tint color in my dark hair, it was still seen quite nicely under light (bulbs and natural light) and especially with flash photos. Ebony was the same way for me; friends noticed when my hair seemed darker than usual, which was what I was going for. I'll caution though that application of this is pretty messy for wear clothes you don't mind getting ruined and wear gloves. I would also suggest treating this like a semi-permanent color, which means sitting under a heated dryer for at least 30 minutes.

I used the Jazzing Clear to seal, add shine, and refresh my color a few days after coloring. My hair is permed and I use Demi Permanent color every few weeks, and I wanted to add shine and make the color last longer. I applied the Jazzing Clear all over damp hair and used heat per the directions, and it lasted very well. It adds shine and makes my processd hair feel smoother and less frizzy. However: it has Hydrolized Wheat Protein, so when used all-over, it makes my hair smell like beer when damp. So I have stopped using it. I have yet to find anything to replace it. Every other clear shine product I have found so far also has the wheat protein.

Popular Hair Color Products