Chanel Le Vernis Nail Color

Chanel Le Vernis Nail Color

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

If this was cheaper I would give 5 stars but it's really waaaay too expensive for no good reason. I'm willing to spend extra on good products but there's so much you can do with nail polish and even the maximum performance wouldn't justify this price. And this one isn't even one of the nail polishes that have maximum performance. It's pretty average on how long it stays, how much color it gives, how quickly it dries, and how long it lasts without going bad.

Honestly in this age brands should see the competition and get real. The name 'Chanel' doesn't make the price worth it. Yes the colors are gorgeous but I can find the same colors from MUCH cheaper brands. In Turkey, Golden Rose, FlorMar just to name two very cheap nail polish brands that have a large color selection and they have quick-dry nail polishes, intense color products that you can only use with one layer, etc And they are more than x80 cheaper in price. More than x80!

The packaging is very lovely and looks chic, this is one of the stars in my rating.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Badly overpriced for what it is, but I won't buy it even for 10$.
I like manicure that lasts, Chanel doesn't. 2-3 days it's all you're gonna get.
It becomes too thick in a bottle after about 10 times of use.
Spend your $ somewhere else, there is nothing special in this product, you're paying just for the brand.

on 9/24/2017 2:21:00 PM

What a disappointment, it last one day! Seriously, it chips easily. The colour is definitely amazing but it is too expensive and the
performance so poor. The ingredients aren’t also the healthiest.

I want d to love this product I really did but it is a massive fail for me. I bought organo and the gel top coat. I've used a lot of long wear polishes and when I saw this range I had high hopes I'd get a week out of it. No such luck. It chips on me after one day. It's a PITA to get on as the brush is crap and and it looks crappy very fast.

For what I'd paid I'd at least expect to get a few days at least. So off to eBay these will go.

Really disappointed. ☹️

I buy these as a treat when I've been given money as a present because I just can't get enough of the colours. Every colour I've had is stunning and I'm always getting compliments. The problem is that when I apply it I have to accept that it'll only last for one day before it chips (maximum), or I have to go to some lengths to make it last longer (e.g. gel top coat).

on 11/17/2016 7:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I actually have a few shades of these, but I have to say that they aren't that good. Sure, the colours are beautiful and the packaging is gorgeous. And also there is quite a lot product. But it's not staying very well, looks decent only for a couple days, and I don't like the brush that much either. Just not worth the price. I have quite a variety of nail polishes from the low-end to high-end and I have to say that H&M polishes are actually maybe the best ones, at least for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using Chanel Nail polish for 30 years! The colors are always unique and, even when they look crazy in the bottle, they're great in real life. Never tacky. I bought Rouge Coromandel and Pirate several times and I miss Cobra: I wish they'd put it in production again.

on 8/29/2013 7:36:00 PM

This product is way to expensive!
Costs about 30 dollars a bottle! What a rip off. It is deffinatly not worth it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I used Chanel nail polishes in the 90s and loved them. I recently went back to them, and I've been really disappointed. Don't know whether they have changed their formula or whether I've just chosen bad colours. Or perhaps I'm now spoiled having recently discovered Butter London. The latest Chanel I bought is 521 Rose Cache. It is a dirty colour on me. It looks as though I haven't washed my hands in ages. It goes on very streaky and the streaks remain after three or four coats. It isn't shiny once dry, and in fact looks and feels quite gritty. The brush is terrible: too thin and with too much give, making it hard to control. It also loads poorly with either too much or not enough polish. Although the colour might look better on someone with darker or lighter skin, where there would be more contrast, I definitely wouldn't recommend it because of the streaking.

on 8/2/2013 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this polish, it has great coverage eve with the lighter colours, like 599 Frenzy and even with one coat it's very opaque. The durability is also superb, and I also love the colour range. Defs worth the money and I'd go back for more anytime.

Popular Polishes