Chanel Le Vernis Nail Color

Chanel Le Vernis Nail Color

I want d to love this product I really did but it is a massive fail for me. I bought organo and the gel top coat. I've used a lot of long wear polishes and when I saw this range I had high hopes I'd get a week out of it. No such luck. It chips on me after one day. It's a PITA to get on as the brush is crap and and it looks crappy very fast.

For what I'd paid I'd at least expect to get a few days at least. So off to eBay these will go.

Really disappointed. ☹️

I buy these as a treat when I've been given money as a present because I just can't get enough of the colours. Every colour I've had is stunning and I'm always getting compliments. The problem is that when I apply it I have to accept that it'll only last for one day before it chips (maximum), or I have to go to some lengths to make it last longer (e.g. gel top coat).

on 11/17/2016 7:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I actually have a few shades of these, but I have to say that they aren't that good. Sure, the colours are beautiful and the packaging is gorgeous. And also there is quite a lot product. But it's not staying very well, looks decent only for a couple days, and I don't like the brush that much either. Just not worth the price. I have quite a variety of nail polishes from the low-end to high-end and I have to say that H&M polishes are actually maybe the best ones, at least for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using Chanel Nail polish for 30 years! The colors are always unique and, even when they look crazy in the bottle, they're great in real life. Never tacky. I bought Rouge Coromandel and Pirate several times and I miss Cobra: I wish they'd put it in production again.

on 8/29/2013 7:36:00 PM

This product is way to expensive!
Costs about 30 dollars a bottle! What a rip off. It is deffinatly not worth it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I used Chanel nail polishes in the 90s and loved them. I recently went back to them, and I've been really disappointed. Don't know whether they have changed their formula or whether I've just chosen bad colours. Or perhaps I'm now spoiled having recently discovered Butter London. The latest Chanel I bought is 521 Rose Cache. It is a dirty colour on me. It looks as though I haven't washed my hands in ages. It goes on very streaky and the streaks remain after three or four coats. It isn't shiny once dry, and in fact looks and feels quite gritty. The brush is terrible: too thin and with too much give, making it hard to control. It also loads poorly with either too much or not enough polish. Although the colour might look better on someone with darker or lighter skin, where there would be more contrast, I definitely wouldn't recommend it because of the streaking.

on 8/2/2013 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this polish, it has great coverage eve with the lighter colours, like 599 Frenzy and even with one coat it's very opaque. The durability is also superb, and I also love the colour range. Defs worth the money and I'd go back for more anytime.

on 7/25/2013 7:21:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I just got my first Chanel nail varnish (Rebel Blue, at the duty free in San Francisco airport...) and I'm just absolutely in awe of its lasting power. I don't know what it is with my nails, but NO nail polish ever (tried Essie, Opi, Lancome, Mavala, H&M etc) sits on my nails for more than 48 hours without severe chipping. This does, though. I've had it on for about 5 days now, and only did a litte touching up at the tips yesterday. Love it. Also, the colour is a lovely, very denim-y soft blue. Too bad it's super expensive, beacuse most of the colours i saw in the shop were gorgeous and now I want them all....

on 4/20/2013 5:43:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This review is for Chanel Nail Polishes as a whole. I've worn Chanel Polish for many years now, and have quite a large collection. In fact, the only polish I use is either Chanel or YSL. Chanel's colors are unrivaled, and stand out from the cheaper brands with their amazing and often unique colors. Sure, knockoffs abound. But the formula, rich deep colors, and quality of the polish is unrivaled.

on 3/23/2013 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This was my very first time buying a Chanel product, and it surely won’t be the last! For years, I’d been hearing about how wonderful their nail polish was, and I thought I would try it for myself. I purchased Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour 455-Lotus Rouge, which is a beautiful, rich, deep red. The formula glided across my nails smoothly and evenly with no streaking. The color looked so good that I only used one coat because there was no need for second unlike some of the drugstore brands. I absolutely love red polish and Lotus Rouge is my new favorite!

Popular Polishes