Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil-Free Makeup

Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil-Free Makeup
Skin Clearing Oil-Free MakeupSkin Clearing Oil-Free MakeupSkin Clearing Oil-Free Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5% Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl 4 Oleate, Silicone Polyether Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Matricaria Flower Extract (Chamomilla Recutita), C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetyl Lactate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Polysilicone 11, Polymethylmethacrylate, Dimethicone, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, PEG 8 Propylene Glycol Cocoate, Silica, Silica Silylate, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Ethylene Brassylate, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a good foundation and it does improve my complexion a little. The lightest shade they have is kind of orange. I still use it though with another foundation. I try to blend it to make it seem not as orange. I would like it more if it was less orangey and came in a lighter shade. I like their complexion perfecter more. It's more of a bb cream and does give pretty god coverage. I've also noticed more of an improvement in my complexion than when I've used the liquid foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the shade 20 Natural Ivory in Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil Free Makeup when it's freshly applied. It goes on well w/damp beauty sponge, brush, or fingers. I get a high medium coverage from one layer. Natural Ivory is pink toned & has a very faint medicinal scent. My issue w/it is oxidation. I've used it w/my Hard Candy oil control primer, my N.Y.C. Smooth Skin Primer, & the Covergirl primer for Combination Skin. No matter whether I use a primer or leave it alone, I get oxidation pretty quickly. I also see oxidation whether or not I use a translucent powder or a tinted powder to set it. It's such a shame b/c I love the matte finish & blendability of it w/out mixing it into other foundations. The other "Ivory" shade is too warm for me & still oxidized. Staying power alone & w/powder is about 4 hours. After that I notice it breaking down where my cheeks meet my nose & center of my eyebrows. I found improved lasting power when I mixed it w/Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot Foundation in Cool Sand. I can't wear that on its own b/c it's Not cool despite its name & is too dark. I also like the NSC w/Covergirl Clean Normal Skin Foundation in Creamy Natural. That particular shade runs darker than other foundation formulations w/the same name by Covergirl. I don't experience oxidation w/those combos for whatever reason, thank goodness. I have oily/combo skin & like how the 2 combos & how NSC feels on its own b/c they're not sticky.

SUPER GREAT FOUNDATION. I got this because my sensitive skin has been breaking out daily. I got some Clean and Clear cleanser with benzoyl peroxide which is helping but was fearful to put anything on my face! This isnt breaking me out so thank goodness! I have the color buff and it's a pretty darn good match for my NC15-20 skin. I use Neutrogena Healthy skin enhancer prior and this over top. I do powder a little with Covergirl Simply Powder Foundation (which is the only powder I have EVER tried that keeps me matte). This foundation is the one in the pump...maybe new formula? Love the pump. Very blendable and doesnt settle into pores and lines like many do and it doesn't make me look cakey. It gives probably medium coverage but I'm really loving it! Probably the best foundation I have ever tried for looking natural, giving coverage and not turning into an oil slick. i have very combo skin so I be sure to moisturize prior. The acne wash I'm using is making me slightly dry so this foundation is not to blame. Color choices could be a tad better but this one is nice as it does have some yellow undertones

UPDATE: I think this is a very nice foundation but I changed over to the creme foundation in Neutrogena's brand as I wanted a litte more coverage and I love it. I think the cream foundation feels better on my skin. This was a little drying or at least made my skin feel a little tight during the day and a little more oily then the cream to powder foundation. I have very combo skin . Not going to try the liquid healthy skin as per Paula it has some ingredient that causes flare ups. Try the cream foundation. It didnt break me out and I have the most sensitive skin on the planet

If I could sum up this foundation in one word, it would be, BLEHCK! I got this because of the reviews I saw for oily/acne prone skin, but I was not impressed. Here are the reasons I hate this makeup:

1) I got the lightest color they had, and I still ended up having an orange tint to my skin.
2) The packaging is cute, but it is a pain in the butt trying to get it out of the bottle.
3) I applied the foundation with the beauty blender dupe that you can get at Walmart (forgot the name), and it was bad. I had to use A LOT of the product, which had little coverage for my acne scars, and it was oily and sticky on my skin.

So, to sum up, this may work for some people, but it DID NOT work for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Ooooh the irony. This foundation broke me out faster and harder than anything else I've ever tried. I wore this once. My face felt a little itchy throughout the day but I ignored it. When I washed off my makeup I almost had a heart attack. It was crazy broken out! But on to the rest of the review.
Coverage and finish-this really looks like makeup on your skin. It's a solid medium bordering on full coverage. Very matte with an almost powdery finish when it dries down. You look unnaturally matte and flawless and flat/monotone. If you want that look, go for it but I'm much more into skin like foundation.
Wear time-it gets cakey over time. At first it just looked heavy but over the day it pooled around my nose and into my pores and got cakey. Not cute. I'd say it wears all day, but not well. I didn't get shiny at all and from a distance it still looked heavy, flat, and makeupy. But up close I could see the pooling and cakey face.
Shade-I got the lightest shade and it was actually a good match for my nc 15 skin. I was worried that it would've too dark but it wasn't. And it didn't oxidize-yay! The lightest healthy skin foundation shade is too dark for me so I think that's why I expected this to be too dark too.
Packaging-in a bottle. Not my favorite but it was pretty easy to get it out of the bottle.
Horrible breakout aside, I was still debating if this foundation was worth the effort. I had been planning to expiriment with brush and beauty blenders to see if I could sheer it out, but after the breakout I just felt like it wasn't worth the effort. Returning!!

on 4/12/2016 4:52:00 PM

I like the idea of being able to wear makeup and know that it's actually helping clear up my skin but this product fails at that :( I use real techniques beauty blender to apply my liquid foundation and it just feels sticky going on and when it dries it's really shiny. Not much coverage either which is a shame because I love all other Neutrogena products. Wouldn't purchase again

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I started using Neutrogena SkinClearing Liquid foundation back in 2001 when I was in 8th grade. My skin has always been horribly sensitive and I needed something to cover the red spots and even my skin tone. $10 was a lot of money to spend on a makeup product when you're 14 but I was desperate! It's now 2016 and I'm still using this foundation in the same color. I see a noticeable difference in my skin after I apply it. It provides fantastic coverage without looking heavy or cakey. My skin just looks natural and healthy. I love this foundation!

bought this because some yt gurus were praising this, but it's such a sh*tty product i hate this so much lmao it is literally just a bottle of tinted garbage. EXTREMELY cakey, not that great coverage, clings to dry patches and looks flaky on my skin (i have oily combo skin), and is always hard to get the right amount of product out of the bottle but i tend to not like bottle foundation anyway. very drying formula, but that's to be expected because i think it's supposed to be a matte foundation. has not helped my acne either.

on 12/22/2015 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I tried this a few years ago and hated it so much I didn't even finish the bottle which is really saying something considering it's pretty pricey for a drugstore foundation. It's a small bottle and it's very hard to get the product out. Once you get it out and onto your face the coverage is terrible, the color is terrible, and it's SO dry. I'm a girl with super oily skin who loves a matte or oil control foundation but I hated this!! Would not recommend.

on 12/21/2015 1:08:00 PM

This stuff is a-ok for combination/oily/break out prone skin. The catches being the coverage is light/medium so you might want a concealer. The bottle sucks because it's hard to get the stuff out and isn't the most hygienic
I like using this stuff in the summertime because my thicker foundations tend to get runny. This has a very dry matte finish I like but don't recommend for someone with dry skin.
This definitely isn't a foundation for everyone, but if you fall into any of the 3 categories I think you should give it a try.