GUERLAIN Terracotta Voile D'Ete

GUERLAIN Terracotta Voile D'Ete

3.8

on 7/19/2014 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like this, but I'm not I like it enough to buy a bottle. It is a light, spicy, carnation fragrance. It has a Guerlain base with a beach vibe. There's a creaminess to it.

on 6/6/2014 12:25:00 AM

My goddess I love this one! Liked it when we first met, but it disappeared on my skin. A few years later, another friend gave me a decant and... LOVE! It helps that this is built on carnation/dianthus, certainly, because I love that construction. But TVdE manages to also hold this weird feel of old school sun tan lotion, a kind of creamy/vanillic lily/orangeblossom floral. TVdE is simultaneously the epitome of summer, and sun-warmed skin, and yet creamy, spicy, warm winter fragrances. This is one of those desert island perfumes because it is so adaptable.

The sillage is subtle, but I'll get wafts of this all day, and they're gorgeous. The bottle is beautiful, too. There are literally no downsides to this fragrance. BTW, yes, as with many, I got the vanilla, and a very "Guerlain" vanilla it was, but this is not, or not on my skin, one of those overpoweringly cotton candy/ice cream vanilla bombs. The vanilla is very subtle, subsumed into orange-blossom/powder, and clove, and elegant spice. I also get that brush of iris that takes this into Guerlain-world as well.

on 1/12/2011 11:35:00 PM

I inherited this from my late sister. It is a spicy carnation fragrance, reminiscent of the fumes of old. Not my fave by a longshot but looks like most of you love this. Wouldn't ever buy.

on 9/28/2010 11:18:00 PM

This is a boring lightly spicy floral, i really have nothing else to say.

on 8/23/2010 9:26:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

the most perfect carnation in a perfume!!!
fantastic!!!

A wonderful true dianthus opening, lightly spiced and warm with the Guerlain amber vanilla dry down that quietly melts into and becomes part of my skin. This final phase lasts for such an incredibly long time on me I couldn't believe this was an EDT. The bottle is also really lovely with its little conical hat. I prefer to wear this in summer as that is when the dianthus in my garden are in flower and I get to compare the real scent with the bottled one. Beautiful!

on 5/24/2010 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a light spicy carnation fragrance. I don't get alot of vanilla with it--just enough to say "I am a Guerlain". I agree with others who have found it to not be particularly summery. It is a nice casually elegant fragrance suitable for daytime year-round. I've heard it is related to the high-end "Quand vient l'ete" (very expensive and nearly impossible to find). I find this version very nice. I like the round bronzy bottle; for whatever reason, it seems very French Riviera looking to me. This can still be found for a song from online retailers, ebay, etc. and IMHO is easily full bottle worthy.

on 7/21/2009 10:48:00 AM

Notes listed include carnation, vanilla, iris, ylang ylang. This is a soft vanillic skin scent on me, long enough lasting considering it's not a powerhouse, sweet as a puffy marshmallow. The carnation smells soft and naturally floral to me, and not too intensely clovey. Much later in the drydown I do get a more intensely spicy impression, but in the first hour or two it's quite soft & sweet on my skin. The vanilla is not overly synthetically foody, but yes there is something like vanilla ice cream about it, too. I think this fragrance is perfectly balanced, subtle, and so easy to wear that you might take it for granted. I think someone knew what they were doing with this one. To my nose, this is the same fragrance as Aqua Allegoria Ylang-Vanille, except with carnation added. I believe they are both Jean-Paul Guerlain creations. You can still find Terracotta Voile d'Ete on the internet and I think it's worth a full bottle. Nice any time of year!

Quick perfumey-floral bang, followed by a strong clove note, fading after a half an hour to a faint ice-cream vanilla, and vanishing after an hour or two. Not what I was looking for--not a fan of clove or scents that disappear so quickly.

on 11/9/2008 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Ok, I got my first ever 'fecal' note with this perfume - but thankfully it disappeared in a few minutes. This baby is STRONG to begin with and takes almost half an hour to settle down on me. When it does, it is the warmest, truest carnation I've smelt in a perfume. Sun-baked sweetness that is a dead ringer for Boudoir, but with more spice which I'm guessing is the carnation, and no 'fresh pussy' note - hah! So pleased I finally got to smell this and I'm looking forward to wearing it this summer. It's a rare warm scent that seems suitable for hot weather, but also brilliant on a cold day cuddled up in a blanket.
EDIT: Lordy, was wearing this the other day and my boyfriend asked if I'd been painting my toenails again - he smelt polish remover but it was Terracotta, agggh. I've been reaching for Boudoir on almost a daily basis since, I'm scared to go back...