Dr. Hauschka Translucent Bronze Concentrate

4.5

Water/Aqua, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Lysolecithin (Hydrolyzed Lecithin), Beeswax/Cera Flava, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Linalool, Farnesol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Eugenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Algin, Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex/CI 75810, Iron Oxides 5/29/09

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I kept forgetting to review this bronzer, I can now cross this off my list. I have used this for since I was in my twenties and I am now 64((ouch!) and I love it, the color is lovely, it's warm without being red or orange. In the bottle, it looks straight up bronze/brown on the face is whole other matter, it really is translucent and I use a dime/nickel size amount. Here is what I really love it for...drum roll please, on my lips, I know of no one else who does this but it looks smashing. It has the tan/brown/bronze and a hint of rose tint, it is so beautiful. There is a soft fragrance, which I love, but if you are sensitive to scents I would advise you to try a tester before you make a $45 investment.
P.S. I find mine on eBay, be sure to ask about the expiration date, I have used mine for a decade which far too long by a mile, but it works for me and somehow there is no rancid scent. In the no-bronzer months, I keep mine is the icebox, as I do with all my oils and oil-based creams, again only in the off months, this will triple the longevity.

Warning: This is in a glass bottle and I am a klutz, I transfer mine to a plastic one ounce bottle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HG product. I've gone through three bottles, as my preferred means of application is as a bronzing "booster" to make my own tinted moisturizer:

1 Pump MyChelle Sun Shield SPF 50
1 Pump Dr. Hauschka Translucent Bronzing Tint
1 Dollop CoverGirl Clean Sensitive Foundation
3 Drops of Squalane

This DIY formulation has weaned me off of a very expensive Laura Mercier TM habit. Not only is the above recipe more economical, but it is far more natural looking, and with better ingredients to boot. I cannot tell you how many people think I have stopped wearing makeup (I have not). Most recently, my stylist at DryBar said "I am so sorry--I washed too much of your hairline because I didn't think you were wearing makeup!" My best friend, another skincare/makeup obsessive, said my skin looked "incredible" and asked how I "wasn't wearing makeup" (I was).

Mix this with Chanel CC Cream and you are in heaven wish a free pass to the red carpet!

I think everyone should have a liquid bronzer in their arsenal, and I see no reason why it shouldn’t be Dr. Hauschka’s. I came to this from Nars’ liquid laguna which although it did the job, was too shimmery for my liking. Dr. Hauschka’s is ‘effectively’ shimmer free, though there are some subtle light reflective particles floating around in there somewhere. This also gets big points for being all natural!

There have been a few comments as to the price of this product. I personally purchased this at a significantly reduced price online, so didn’t experience any price shock. Expensive or not though, it’s probably cheaper than having seperate summer and winter foundations (or more if you’re normally between shades). This is how I use it.
I add a small amount (half a pump or less) to my winter tinted moisturiser. This product gives me the ability to customise my base makeup to my ever changing face colour, whatever that may be at a given time. The size of the bottle means that you can experiment with this without feeling like your wasting your product. Added too much in? Start again! This baby isn’t going anywhere soon.

The fact you can also use this sparingly (it is a concentrate, remember..) as a bronzer to those places that would naturally receive sun, is an added bonus.

Worth every penny! The bottle should last for many years. My skin tone is light- medium. I combine 1/2 drop with moisturizer, sun screen, bb cream- it blends right in with all products. It darkens to give a sun tan look and gives me a healthy subtle glow. I also use alone applying wherever I would apply bronzer with a small foundation brush. It's the most natural bronzer I have tried.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Keep coming back to this one, its so versatile, I sue it to darken foundations//bb creams throughout the year and as suggested mixed in with my moisturiser when on hols- it also lasts ages so the price tag is pretty reasonable IMO

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have to review this awesome produkt. I use it for several years now and swear by it. I primarily mix it with my face (+ neck and deckoletage) mineral sunscreens (I can´t use chemical sunscreen due to sensitivity of my skin - it always burns) and it gives the most beautiful bronze radiant glow to my face. You can mix it sparingly to mask any white cast of sunscreen or use more for real bronzed look. It´s great for body too but for me it is very expensive for that so I use something cheaper there. I tried several similar cheaper drugstore options (L´oreal liquid bronze, Bourjois liquid bronzer, etc..) but nothing gives the same beautiful natural color and glow so I always come back to this. I also use it to deepen my foundation during summer and it works great. It is expensive but I highly recommend it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The color was off for me, otherwise the ingredients and product were very nice. It seemed to make my skin look dull rather than bright. Nice air tight non-jar packaging. It's more of a deep brown than a tan color, may be harder for fair pink and yellow skin tones.

This is an amazeballs liquid bronzer. Period. I use a couple of drops (about 1/2 of a squirt) in my moisturizer, and it evens out my skin tone beautifully, or I use with my tinted moisturizer for a tad bit more coverage, but gives equally beautiful coverage. It's expensive but this lasts FOREVER. Literally, so long that I continue using it much longer than the expiration date. I have no shame. (Hey, it still works the same!) Loving this gorgeous product! Okay, now this part is for those that are having issues using this product. This is a bronzing "CONCENTRATE". When something says concentrate, it's usually implied that it needs to be mixed or diluted in a moisturizer, primer, or what have you, so it applies evenly giving you the ideal look this bronzing concentrate is meant for.

Yes, its expensive but it will last forever. You only need one drop mixed with a little daily moisturiser and it makes your complexion look amazing. No need for concealer or foundation. Maybe when the weather is cooler I will need a little more coverage but at the moment I love using this, all natural, feels lovely on your skin and really does make you look very healthy in a very natural way. Highly recommend and will be buying again when this pot runs out.