Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)
Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)Enter TitlePurity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)Philosophy purity made simple non-foaming cleanser

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

I am disappointed in this cleanser! I wanted to love it i really did! I went ahead and got the 240 ml at £18 because i trusted the many youtubers who raved about this!

Smell - clinical ish quite strong not necessarily bad..
Consistency - oily runny liqud - not a thick cream as you might expect with a cream cleanser. Breaks make up down VERY WELL and doesnt sting the eyes when removing eye makeup, not very foamy - have to work it in.

Downfall - break outs

I have quite clear skin and my only struggle are those under the skin flesh bumps from time to time.I usuaully use either an elemis cleanser or liz earle and have never broken out so i assumed my skin wasnt sensitive. To be fair just prior to this i used a cheap botanics cleanser from boots which broke me out and bought this to treat me skin to an expensive cleanser. Used for a week - my skin didnt improve from the first reaction and i got new spots. Overall my skin didnt look great or clear, this done nothing and broke me out more!! For a person with usually clear skin i am disappointed that this gave me issues that werent already there:( I googled it and others have same issue and it got a very poor review on Paulas Choice.

I dont want to bash it because many people do love it but i think the abundance of OILS in this didnt react with my skin so beware!!! Suggest getting a smaller size to try first.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

In love with this product! Removes all makeup but gentle on the eyes. Skin feels clean but not stripped .. have repurchased several times.. wish wasn't so expensive but going to buy a giant bottle on QVC and it will last

on 1/13/2017 4:10:00 PM

This cleanser leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh without being stripped, which is always a plus. This also doesn't break me out and has kept my skin calm for many months, but I don't feel it has necessarily improved it either. So in that sense it does it's job well, but it leaves me wondering what else is out there.

At first I thought it was extremely pricey but wanted to try it anyway, but this has lasted me at least over 9 months or so, so I would say the price is really fair actually. Sometimes it feels like this bottle doesn't ever finish.

Will def repurchase if other cleansers don't perform as well as this one.

on 1/4/2017 8:46:00 PM

I have combination/sensitive skin and I am pretty picky about my skin care products. I was hesitant picking this up, as I'd never heard of it before (I swear, I don't live under a rock) but thought I'd try it. I needed a new cleanser, and I was in a spendy mood. It smells exactly like what I purchased at the spa when I had my facial, which I ended up purchasing immediately following. The scent is what made me purchase it tbh, but I am so glad that I did.

This cleanser is very gentle and it doesn't dry me out! Occasionally I'll have a dry patch which I can easily spot treat with GlamGlow ThirstyMud, but this is rare.

My makeup literally melts off my face, even my eyeliner and mascara comes off clean. Usually I'm left looking a bit like a racoon, as if I should be roaming the streets dumpster diving, not like the princess I am diving into this bowl of ice cream. No, there's none of that, my face is completely cleaned of eye makeup!

I rinse my face with lukewarm water, apply a small amount of product to my fingers, massage into my face (it should be noted here that it doesn't lather exceptionally well) and then follow up with my Foreo Luna Mini 2, rinse, and pat dry. My skin is left makeup free, soft, and glowing.

You get a lot of product for the price, twice as much for the same price that I paid for the one at the spa.

The packaging is cute, with its little write up. It's simple. But when I'm cleaning my face, simplicity sounds like purity. See what I did there?

Docked a star because it doesn't lather with exuberance, and occsially I'll get a dry patch.

Highly recomend this to anyone.

on 1/4/2017 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my favourite cleanser. I saw kathleenlights rave about it for forever, I bought my boyfriend a sample size later because he needed a new cleanser, I ended up trying it and have been in love since. I've been using the Cerave gentle cleanser recently, but some times my skin feels like it needs a deeper clean and I use Purity, or I use the micro delivery wash (exfoliator). It has made my skincare routine a bit more complicated but the choices for what my skin needs has been very beneficial, and my skin doesn't seem to be so itchy, inflamed or breaking out. My only concerns are a) the price and b) Paula from Paula's choice gave it a terrible review for irritating ingredients but I'm not convinced since there are people who have used bar soap on their face for 60 years and found it to be the best thing for their skin, even if Paula doesn't recommend it.

on 12/29/2016 8:49:00 PM

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! It has fast become my holy grail cleanser. I have noticed that my skin feels a lot more smooth and I no longer have any little bumps on my face and I tend to break out less. I would 100% recommend to anyone. I also feel so great about the ingredients.

I use this day and night to cleanse my face followed by my facial toner and moisturisers.

on 12/19/2016 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Didn't thoroughly take off my foundation and eye makeup, seemed to irritate my skin a tiny bit, and is insanely expensive for a cleanser. I really don't think it's worth paying big bucks for a facial cleanser when there are so many affordable options that aren't full of harsh ingredients and do the job better.

on 12/17/2016 5:10:00 PM

I used this face wash five or so years ago and didn't think it was much better than any other product of the type. Recently, though, an Ulta employee raved about it and said she uses it several times a week with her Clairsonic. I decided to give it another try (thanks to a very good Black Friday deal) and am a believer! I am prone to getting clogged pores around my nose that typically can only be cleared by a mask, but since using Purity Made Simple, I've noticed a huge improvement. It doesn't overdry my skin, but definitely cleans thoroughly. It seems to work best for me when I alternate with an exfoliating product, like Aveeno Cleansing Pads.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have been using this cleanser for over 4 years now. I use it daily, either just with my fingers in the shower or on my clarisonic a few times a week. I have extremely sensitive skin and this doesn't bother me at all. I was using this and FAB facial cleanser alternating, but I still had a few constant, stubborn breakouts. After my horrible experience with FAB facial radiance pads (already reviewed) I decided to strictly stick with the purity and see what happened. My skin has probably never been clearer. I'm on my third 32 oz. bottle and am ordering a new one next week. I only need to buy a bottle about once a year so for me, the price is worth it. Wait till December for Sephora's loyalty reward and you'll get an even better deal ;)

I liked this product and it worked but not good enough for the price.. it wasn't irritating or anything and it made my skin very soft. Someone with less severe acne probably could achieve clear skin but I didn't. It smelt good, had a good texture but overall.. for the price I wouldn't spend my money on it again.