Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 7/24/2016 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i bought this randomly at duty free at the airport as they had a deal on ($70 for a full size purity, hope in a jar, the exfoliator in a white bottle and a treatment!)
i had never used philosophy before as it's not so easily accessible in NZ.

i'm soooooo glad i bought this; it's such a soft and gentle cleanser but it removes makeup so well with zero scrubbing. i wear a lot of makeup so this is important to me! doesn't leave your skin dry or tight and feels so nice and soft afterwards.
the bottle costs $30 to buy and my one lasted me almost a year with daily use.

pros:
- soft and gentle
- removes makeup AMAZINGLY
- didn't irritate my skin
- worked well on my annoying red oily skin

cons:
- literally none. go buy this right now

on 7/23/2016 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily acne prone skin. That being said, this cleanser is not strong enough to throughly cleanse my skin. However, it is awesome for removing makeup! It literally melts it all off. I'll put half a pump of this on my face to remove makeup, rinse, and then use another cleanser on my bare skin. This seems to work well for me.

To Read all 2588 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I purchased this cleanser and moisturizer combo from Ulta. I have sensitive skin. It broke my face out after one use. I woke up w/ tiny bumps all over my face the next morning, and I didn't even try the moisturizer. I also didn't like the smell of the cleanser. Definitely would not recommend it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great gentle cleanser. Isn't abrasive and doesn't irritate the skin. Great for acne prone, sensitive skin. I like to cleanse then follow up with my favorite moisturizer. Make my skin feel fresh and clean. This is pricey but worth it IMO.

on 7/9/2016 12:07:00 PM

I got this as part of a philosophy set some time ago. I usually use the other version of Philosophy's purity, the foaming cleanser. That one cleans every single fleck of oil off.
This one leaves my face feeling as if it hasn't been stripped of every single bit of oil, which is good because other cleansers are too harsh and leave my face feeling to dry and tight.
However, it has a smell almost like cough syrup that makes me glad I only have a 90ml bottle. Probably wouldn't repurchase because of the smell.

I am in love with this cleanser. It removes all my makeup including waterproof mascara and eyeliner, it cleanses your skin really well without making your skin feel tight or dry. I have tries a lot of cleansers but i always find my self coming back to this one, i cannot recommend it enough. If you are looking for a good cleanser that is going to last you fora good amount of time and is not to expensive give it a good, i'm almost certain you wont be disappointed, also the smell is really good...

on 6/22/2016 10:48:00 PM

This is really no better than my Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming cleanser. It takes off the same amount of makeup with both loosening my Stila eye liner but not removing it all the way. Depends on your taste, the scent can go either way. If you like a soapy kind of fresh smell, try the Purity. If you like a plain clinical feel, try the Olay (no scent added I think but it has a natural occurring scent). The big difference for me is the Olay is way less expensive and doesn't leave my face feeling as dry as the Purity does. I almost wonder if the love for this is something nostalgic for the scent. I had made a post asking for facial cleanser recs and an overwhelming amount of people suggested this. Even as I was buying it, a lady was swooping in to get some. When I asked her about it her face lit up and she just couldn't stop selling me on it. She even came back to find me from the front of the store because she had found a travel size of it for me to try at the check out. But in the same breath, my skin twin at the same store that works there said she found it a touch drying. I tried it and I have to agree with my skin twin...it is a touch drying. It doesn't evoke any kind of love for me. I don't love my Olay either but it is quick and easy and cheap. I don't hate the Purity, but I don't love it nor do I feel like spending the money on it. I am glad I got to try it, but it is just ok.

For the record, the ONLY thing that I have ever used that takes off all your makeup is a cleansing oil. In my usual routine, I will wash with an oil and follow with a regular gentle cleanser. When I test a cleanser, I test it by itself to see what it can do buy itself.

on 6/21/2016 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This smells very chemically (to me) and burned my skin when I used it. I have very dry, sensitive skin. Did not work for me at all. Perhaps better for those that don't have sensitive skin. I cannot recommend it.

I bought the 8oz. bottle at Ulta and it has lasted for months. I like it because its a very basic cleanser that hydrates while removing makeup. It is fragrance free and is gentle enough around the eye area to remove mascara/eyeliner.

on 6/19/2016 1:00:00 PM

One of my favorites. I am prone to breakouts and this has never given me a problem at all! As an unexpected bonus it removes all my makeup as well. The scent is mild, but lovely and the packaging is convenient. I like the squeeky clean feeling on my skin after its been washed.