Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)
Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)Enter TitlePurity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)Philosophy purity made simple non-foaming cleanser

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 11/11/2017 5:27:00 PM

Holy grail cleanser. Buy it always it is so soft

on 10/20/2017 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for an effective cleanser, more straightfoward than luxe, and not terribly expensive. My sister uses this and swears by it. This cleanses my face without drying or stripping. I have somewhat oily skin and have not suffered any ill effects— redness, irritation, breakouts- from using this. It cleanses effectively, and mercifully, rinses away easily. I moisten skin with a little bit of water and i use a facial brush ($5 from Wal-Mart) to massage this all over into a gentle lather. Alternatively, i will use a small piece soft cloth for that allover massage. I do not get this near my eyes and would caution against this. This formula is fragranced, not strongly, but it is there. Actually, it smells identical to Princess Marcella Borghese’s Crema Saponetta- although that has a good deal more fragrance than this. Since i liked that product, i did not mind the scent using the purity. Pricewise, it is probably more cost-effective to buy the largest size (which i believe has the pump). However, i do not have the counter space for this. Also nice is that Philosophy sells small bottles of this which is perfect if you want to try this out, or for travel or to tuck into your gym bag. I would probably buy the largest size, decant into the smaller bottle (which has a flip cap), and store the large bottle out of sight. The smaller bottles are 2 oz or 3 oz, and are available stand-alone as well as sold in mini-sets paired with the exfoliating wash or their micellar water. I would re-purchase this.

on 10/16/2017 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Holy grail now and always will be. I'm kind of surprised at some of the reviews commenting on the scent because I don't think it has much fragrance to it at all. To me it is very lightly scented, smells clean and fresh. I am extremely sensitive to fragrances and can usually detect notes in perfumes. I don't think it's drying at all and it never leaves a film like Cetaphil and others. The only other one I might like as well is La Mer but I got tired of paying the outrageous price for a face cleaner. I know this isn't cheap but it you get the 24 oz. bottle it's not a bad deal. The 24 oz. bottle lasts me over a year. It doesn't take much product to do a nice job and I love how easily it removes eye make up and never stings plus it washes off easily and never dries my skin out.
I'm not a fan of most Philosophy products and can't stand Hope in a Jar but to me this is perfect in every way. The only way it could be more perfect is if it was a drugstore item for half the price. I don't find the bottle without the pump at all hard to use, but if you want the pump get the 32 ounce but... you do pay more per ounce than the 24 oz. because of the pump. Pumps aren't a deal breaker for me because in larger sizes they often break. You could always buy a pump bottle and fill it it from your big bottle if you have to have a pump. the 8 oz. bottle is $24.00, 16 oz. is $36.00, 24 oz. bottle is $44.00.and the 32 oz. is $55.00.

Product description from Sephora:

Which skin type is it good for?
✔ Normal
✔ Oily
✔ Combination
✔ Dry
✔ Sensitive

What it is:
An award-winning, highly effective one-step facial cleanser to tone and hydrate skin.

Solutions for:
- Pores
- Dryness
- Uneven skin tone

If you want to know more…
Begin with the most basic step of all. Purity Made Simple one-step facial cleanser is an award-winning cleanser that melts away dirt, oil, and makeup. It tones and lightly hydrates in one simple step for skin that feels perfectly clean and comfortably balanced. Formulated for all skin types and gentle enough for the sensitive eye area, it deep cleans pores while natural oil extracts help condition skin.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
Purity Made Simple Cleanser is part of a collection of philosophy products designed to soothe even the most dry and sensitive skin. It is a 2008 "Best of Sephora" Winner. You may also use this fragrance-free formula to clean your makeup brushes.

Research results:
Clinical results:
- 100% reported that the cleanser is gentle enough for the eye area
- 97% reported effective removal of dirt, oil, and makeup
- 97% reported a clean, residue-free finish

This product is a 10-year Allure Reader’s Choice award winner (2016).

PROS - The texture is nice it doesn't foam up too much which I like for a cleanser. CONS - This smells very strongly of older woman's perfume. It also dries out the skin not only on my face but my hands even worse as well. It's not cheap either.

on 9/22/2017 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My sister got this year's ago and I still have some left. It removes make up well and I can also use it to remove eye makeup and it does not sting. The price is an issue for me though. For low income people, its roo pricey. I use liquefied coconut oil to remove makeup and wash my face after. Works like a charm and it cost pennies

on 9/20/2017 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this product because the lady at sephora raved about it. She said it was the best of the best. I bout the 8oz bottle for 24$ and was excited to use it later that night. First, the smell is kind of lemony. It reminds me of something i clean my house with like pinesol or lemon dish washing liquid. its consistency was like custard. it did not foam up or even give the immpression that it was cleaning off anything but my makeup. like it didnt penetrate my skin. Anyways after using it my face felt tight and dry but i figured it was because i bought a lot of new products that day, the new fenty beauty collection as well as a new primer and purity face wash.
I cleaned my face the next morning and night with the purity face wash and i did not wear makeup that day. The following morning i woke up and looked in the mirror and died a little bit inside. My eyes were sooooo swollen, almost swollen shut. My face had very fine rash like bumps all over my entire face. my skin was peeling and dry and tight and my skin was sensitive to touch. i washed my face with just water that day and slathered my face in vitamin E oil. That was last week and my skin is still recovering. Its still kind of dry and tight. im upset that i spent that much money on a product that they claim is pure and obviously is not. I have never had any type of reaction to a product like this. And im disappointed that i havent been able to wear my new makeup that i spent over 200$ on
BOO TO YOU PHILOSOPHY UNPURITY!!!!!!!!!!

on 8/30/2017 3:28:00 PM

I tried this because it's highly rated. It is also highly expensive. Worse still, it has a very strong fragrance! It seems some women like the smell. I don't. It doesn't seem to work better or worse than anything else.

I don't understand why they call it purity when it obviously has a lot of perfume.

on 8/25/2017 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Of all the foaming type cleansers I have used I really do like this one the best. I just wish I could get my hand on a pump as it would make life so much easier. If I buy the mega bottle I need to decant it into a smaller non-name pump. Great as a second cleanse or a morning cleanse. No blocked pores or stripped feeling.
Me
Age 42
Combination skin
Sensitive to some silicones ie dimethicone rich products trigger blackheads.
Skin colour Mac NW20 summer NW15 winter maybe mix of two

on 9/3/2017 6:37:00 PM

I put a 3 star on packaging because without a pump its a pain to use. Only the large container has a pump. People rave about this but my 70 year-old face found this very drying. I returned it.

on 9/3/2017 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have sensitive skin that is dehydrated and oily so finding a good cleanser has been a challenge for me. I've been using Purity as a morning cleanse and second when I double cleanse in the evening for almost 2 years off and on. I have tried other things in the meantime including Fresh Soy Face Cleanser but keep coming back to this and plan to stick with it for now.

The downside is the container. I wish it had a pump and that the lid wasn't so susceptible to cracking when tightened.