Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)
Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)Enter TitlePurity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)Philosophy purity made simple non-foaming cleanser

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

I bought this product a few days ago along with the Clinique Moisture Surge moisturizer and have been using the facewash twice a day and the moisturizer once a day before my makeup. I have to wear makeup every day because i have a lot of redness and a fair amount of acne and want to look professional for work. Immediately after using the facewash i was a little worried because my face got really hot, but it might just have been because i’ve never used the product. My face got really soft and felt really clean instantly. i noticed my pores shrink. Somehow it has done a lot for my skin and im not sure if its the combination of both or just the facewash but my skin has become increasingly more clear. I still have redness and i’m working on getting rid of that but all of my little bumps are pretty much gone. I usually washed my face every day with soap or cetaphil and used proactive and it never worked. ps. ive even gone through period week using this and i didn’t get any breakouts.

on 7/1/2018 3:19:00 AM

This product is absolutely fantastic for removing makeup.

It removes everything, including waterproof mascara, and it doesn't irritate my eyes. Love it as the first step of my skincare routine.

It does, however, dry out my skin, which is why I'm only giving it 4 stars. I'm not completely bothered by that as I put a lot of hydrating agents on after this.

When I first used this I was mainly interested in it as a second step cleanser after makeup removal, soI didn't think much of it. After changing the way I use this and making it my makeup removal product, I really enjoy it.

Will continue to repurchase unless I find something that works as well or better. For the way I use this, I think it is good value for money.

on 5/28/2018 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This dried out my skin the first day I used it... I really tried to over look it but its getting worse everyday... I have the philosophy moisturizer but its not helping. I have to get to the drugstore soon to replace it.

If you have dry or combination skin you have to use cetaphil gentle cleanser. Its not great At removing makeup and doesn't make much lather but its soap free so it doesn't strip your skin... Its definitely more pure than this so called"purity".

I have been using cetaphil for years and feel that my skin has not aged as it would have if I used a regular soapy cleanser.... Give it a try and stay away from purity. I think I will have to use $100 worth of their moisturizer to fix what purity cleanser has don't to me in 1 week

on 2/6/2018 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have very dry skin and am 70 yrs old I get eczema if I use soap but, this product is excellent if you have dry to normal skin you only need a tiny amount and it lathers nicely I love the scent I use it in the evening only and after the gym. I highly recommend it. I got a nice size tube not the bottle that is displayed so I hope this is the same product. Love it.

on 1/15/2018 2:07:00 PM

I have to say I'm so nauseous about constantly hearing about how great & wonderful this cleanser is on Qvc television 📺 Bc they keep on & on promoting & raving about it incessantly on their stupid philosophy shows all the time! 😖 It makes me sick to my stomach! LOL! I did get a opportunity to try this stuff in a free deluxe sample size from Sephora once! & I don't like it ! I have oily skin & I thought 💭 it cleaned pretty well but my face did feel kinda of dry & tight! So I don't think it's appropriate for dry skin types! But the thing that bothers me about this cleanser is the terrible amounts of bad essential oils icontains & with black pepper too ! 👎🏻 & I really don't like how this stuff smells like also it has this earthy herbal smell that reminds me of bug 🐜 spray! LOL! Thankfully it didn't irritate my face! But I have very sensitive skin & all my skincare products must be fragrance free! I stick with my Clinique products! This cleanser is over hyped & smells gross!

on 11/11/2017 5:27:00 PM

Holy grail cleanser. Buy it always it is so soft

on 10/20/2017 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for an effective cleanser, more straightfoward than luxe, and not terribly expensive. My sister uses this and swears by it. This cleanses my face without drying or stripping. I have somewhat oily skin and have not suffered any ill effects— redness, irritation, breakouts- from using this. It cleanses effectively, and mercifully, rinses away easily. I moisten skin with a little bit of water and i use a facial brush ($5 from Wal-Mart) to massage this all over into a gentle lather. Alternatively, i will use a small piece soft cloth for that allover massage. I do not get this near my eyes and would caution against this. This formula is fragranced, not strongly, but it is there. Actually, it smells identical to Princess Marcella Borghese’s Crema Saponetta- although that has a good deal more fragrance than this. Since i liked that product, i did not mind the scent using the purity. Pricewise, it is probably more cost-effective to buy the largest size (which i believe has the pump). However, i do not have the counter space for this. Also nice is that Philosophy sells small bottles of this which is perfect if you want to try this out, or for travel or to tuck into your gym bag. I would probably buy the largest size, decant into the smaller bottle (which has a flip cap), and store the large bottle out of sight. The smaller bottles are 2 oz or 3 oz, and are available stand-alone as well as sold in mini-sets paired with the exfoliating wash or their micellar water. I would re-purchase this.

on 10/16/2017 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

2/6/18- amended to mention the reviews that mention fragrance. I suggest you return this if you smell some kind of strong fragrance because I have used this for many years, I asked friends and family members that use it if they consider it fragrant and what does it smell like to them.... I get the same reply EVERY time, "what fragrance?". I am very sensitive to fragrances on my face, EXTREMELY sensitive. If you detect some bad or strong fragrance, exchange it and smell the others first. I have never gotten one that had much of a detectable fragrance at all and I have purchased this over and over and over for years.

Holy grail now and always will be. I'm really surprised at some of the reviews commenting on the scent because I don't think it has much fragrance to it at all. It makes me wonder if some are not getting it from places like Sephora, Ulta or department stores, because there are counterfeits of almost everything now. To me it is extremely lightly scented, smells clean and fresh. I am extremely sensitive to fragrances and can usually detect notes in perfumes. It leaves absolutely no scent on your face. I don't think it's drying at all and it never leaves a film like Cetaphil and others. The only other one I might like as well is La Mer but I got tired of paying the outrageous price for a face cleaner. I know this isn't cheap but it you get the 24 oz. bottle it's not a bad deal. The 24 oz. bottle lasts me over a year. It doesn't take much product to do a nice job and I love how easily it removes eye make up and never stings plus it washes off easily and never dries my skin out.
I'm not a fan of most Philosophy products and can't stand Hope in a Jar but to me this is perfect in every way. The only way it could be more perfect is if it was a drugstore item for half the price. I don't find the bottle without the pump at all hard to use, but if you want the pump get the 32 ounce but... you do pay more per ounce than the 24 oz. because of the pump. Pumps aren't a deal breaker for me because in larger sizes they often break. You could always buy a pump bottle and fill it it from your big bottle if you have to have a pump. the 8 oz. bottle is $24.00, 16 oz. is $36.00, 24 oz. bottle is $44.00.and the 32 oz. is $55.00.

Product description from Sephora:

Which skin type is it good for?
✔ Normal
✔ Oily
✔ Combination
✔ Dry
✔ Sensitive

What it is:
An award-winning, highly effective one-step facial cleanser to tone and hydrate skin.

Solutions for:
- Pores
- Dryness
- Uneven skin tone

If you want to know more…
Begin with the most basic step of all. Purity Made Simple one-step facial cleanser is an award-winning cleanser that melts away dirt, oil, and makeup. It tones and lightly hydrates in one simple step for skin that feels perfectly clean and comfortably balanced. Formulated for all skin types and gentle enough for the sensitive eye area, it deep cleans pores while natural oil extracts help condition skin.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
Purity Made Simple Cleanser is part of a collection of philosophy products designed to soothe even the most dry and sensitive skin. It is a 2008 "Best of Sephora" Winner. You may also use this fragrance-free formula to clean your makeup brushes.

Research results:
Clinical results:
- 100% reported that the cleanser is gentle enough for the eye area
- 97% reported effective removal of dirt, oil, and makeup
- 97% reported a clean, residue-free finish

This product is a 10-year Allure Reader’s Choice award winner (2016).

PROS - The texture is nice it doesn't foam up too much which I like for a cleanser. CONS - This smells very strongly of older woman's perfume. It also dries out the skin not only on my face but my hands even worse as well. It's not cheap either.

on 9/22/2017 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My sister got this year's ago and I still have some left. It removes make up well and I can also use it to remove eye makeup and it does not sting. The price is an issue for me though. For low income people, its roo pricey. I use liquefied coconut oil to remove makeup and wash my face after. Works like a charm and it cost pennies