The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Foaming Face Wash

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Foaming Face Wash
The Body Shop Tea Tree Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polysorbate 20, Coco-Glucoside, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Glycerin, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Myristamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Citric Acid, p-Anisic Acid, PVP, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Menthol, Limonene, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Tocopherol.

on 2/19/2017 5:51:00 PM

This cleanser is very gentle yet removes makeup very well for a foam cleanser. My skin feels very clean and I don't find that it dries me out unlike the gel cleanser in the same line. It does a pretty good job at keeping pimples at bay. It may take longer to clear pimples than salicylic acid but this is a great natural alternative.

on 9/26/2016 8:09:00 AM

This is a pretty effective product ... When I have breakouts, I put it on. It has lasted a few years now though because I don't use it that often as it dries my face out. Whenever I put it on I think, hey Body Shop, thanks for putting in a cream what I could dab on myself from an essential oil bottle. Then I wake up the next day and wish I would have done just that, face too dry and if it gets near my lips it's a mild disaster of dryness. The dispenser is lovely though. Good product, works well on oily skin and breakouts, but won't repurchase.

on 9/12/2016 10:03:00 AM

I love this product in the old packaging... However the new one sucks! The old one made my dry skin (I have a skin condition and a lot of products don't suit me) feel absolutely amazing, it didn't irritate and it cleaned my face up after only a few uses to the point where I could have ditched all my creams for my skin condition and use just this. However since they changed the packaging and the formula a bit I can not stand it! It drys my skin out, it makes it feel really heavy, none of my spots seem to be going away they seem to be coming back and I had to re buy creams for my condition.... I will NOT buy the one in the new packaging and formula I will try to get the last few bottles they have it in the old packaging. I had tried other foaming facial wash let me know what one you use sine I am on the hunt for a dupe for this one

on 7/27/2016 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great stuff. I use this every night to remove my skin make up (use a make up wipe for eyes!). Gets even double wear off and leaves skin feeling clean and for an anti blemish type product it's not drying :) comes out as a foam which is handy so you don't end up wasting any. Hasn't cured my acne (didn't expect it to) but it doesn't make it worse - not easy!
Have re-purchased this many many times.

Terrible Product. It made my skin super dry and I had more breakouts while using this product. I stopped using it a month ago and my acne has reduce so much.

on 4/5/2016 4:26:00 PM

I bought this product last year when my skin was breaking out really really bad. I went to the Body Shop and they recommended me to use the Tea Tree line. Back then, I never looked at the ingredients in products and I would do anything to get rid of my acne. I bought this cleanser, also the toner and the anti blemish cream.

When I first used this, I remember the smell that I didn't like and the stinging feeling on my skin. I did continue using this, to see if it would help eventually. It did help a little, but the cleanser and the other products were just too harsh on my skin. I do have to say this product made my skin feel very clean.

I discovered a few months ago why this product doesn't work very well: one ingredient in it (Sodium Laureth/Lauryl Sulfate) actually dries out the skin and causes even more breakouts for a lot of people. Sadly it's used in many cosmetics. This did teach me the lesson to look at ingredients in products before buying.

on 2/14/2016 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- Smells nice

Cons:
- Dried my skin out
- Didn't help with acne
- Not sure if it even cleaned my skin

on 11/15/2015 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love tea tree smell and this wash makes my skin feel super clean. It comes out as foam, so it's really easy to use. I have acne- prone skin and it does improve my blemishes to heal faster. It literally washes away all the oil and can be drying, so If I had dry skin, I'd keep away from it and go for the creamy wash of the same line.

on 6/2/2015 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Whilst I appreciate this is a product directed towards people with more oily skin, this didn't do a thing for my dry skin. Since foaming cleansers tend to have higher pH levels which don't work with my skin, I only used this once a day to also help prevent over-drying. I used this product almost everyday for six consecutive weeks and seen no improvement even to my relatively mild acne. I feel that whenever I used this it would leave a very slight residue on my skin no matter how hard I tried to wash away the product. Since I minimised use, I didn't really find that it dried out my skin any more than it already was and on more humid days when my skin was slightly more oily I found that it did remove the "excess". As for it actually cleansing the skin, it is average at best. What I do like about this product though, is that the scent is seemingly very refreshing feeling on the skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Dried my skin out like crazy!, my skin isn't even sensitive yet this cleanser burnt my skin, don't recommend at all.